closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC

SOTC

So I have always wanted to end up with 3 watches. There has been no real theme to follow but I have always tended to lean towards sports watches.

I really got started serially when I picked up an AP Royal Oak Chrono – the 39mm, bought off Numberjack (top seller) a few years back. I still love this watch..smart/sporty and a good size, wears bigger than you think total scratch magnet but you just have to get past that, still love the dial and subtle red hands which just give it something.

I then had a few Rolexes all bought and sold via this great facility. First was a Deepsea then a BLNR really enjoyed them both.

Next up was the Vacheron dual time via a painless transaction with CVByrne (another top guy to deal with). I never thought I would buy a VC but I love the look of this watch the colours just work for me and little details like the dial colour and white gold markers just look great in different lights, also nice to have two straps. Its certainly more delicate than the AP ROC but is also very stealth. A waiter on hols commented on what a lovely SWATCH it was, which is kind of cool, I think.

I didn’t see myself buying a third watch for a while and must say that the plan was to wait and get a 5712a (trilogy theme kicking in) …. I did quite a lot of research and searching around and their pricing at the moment just feels crazy, the premium over list is obviously too much for me so I have had to put that on the back burner for now 😰

So I had the AP and VC and want the Nautilus that is out of reach but still miss having a Rolex. I put my name down for ceramic Daytona but being 22 on the list I suppose that’s a 2-3 years away and I am not sold its that great a shout ,literally just the same watch with a ceramic bezel. Well I wasn’t going to wait that long for the next one. I will get the Patek so thought what else might work and leaned towards a precious metal. Ive always liked Rose Gold but found full bracelets and bezels a bit bling for me. After some top tips from Maccer ;-) I ended up with the new Yachtmaster on rubber with blk bezel is slightly more toned down as there is less gold on show and so I have plumped for that. First weekor so has been good, feels sporty and quite sort of classy, works really well on hols and can be dressed up or down. Oysterflex Rubber strap is also very comfy. Will see whether this one is a keeper but am feeling good about it so far. Picked up from Watches.co.uk v fair deal and they also had the grail 5712a there that I tried on.

Yachtmaster was sort of a ten year anniversary present to myself. My wife got a lovely ring courtesy of Dom Hackett and in return as a surprise she picked this winder up for me also from Dom. It’s a lovely piece of kit and zero noise. I feel very spoilt/lucky.

Anyway all the best everyone.

Cheers

Yachtmaster looks great 'toned down', very nice.

Topic or post not for you? Say nout & move on.

That's a lovely trio.
    AP seems to wear larger than 39mm which is not a bad thing.

The VC is probably the nicest watch I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    The VC is probably the nicest Swatch I have ever seen
    FTFY:-)

On a serious note, it is indeed nice.

Blog Entries
    The more I see that version of the Yaghtmaster the more it calls to me. Great collection.

I really do like the Yachtmaster a lot. I think a couple of watches could go to fund it as I think it does smart and casual very well.

Also I have also bought and sought advice from Dom Hackett and can highly recommend him.

Thanks - Will try and get some more shots of the yachtmaster later . Cheers all

Craftsman
    Great collection, but if I had to pick one it would be the AP...............

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    The VC is probably the nicest watch I have ever seen
    Of the trilogy (AP, PP and VC) the VC is so much better looking in my opinion. Lovely set OP!

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Love the Yachtmaster that would be my pick,your one lucky chap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    congratulations !

I agree with the waiter - that Vacheron is by far the nicest swatch I've ever seen, too!

Lovely set. Nautilus still in the cards, or are you done?

Blog Entries
    Great collection mate, hard to pick a favourite.

Master
    Great collection ... the quest for "the holy trinity" .. still a realistic aim??

Connor showed me the VC ... very tempting ... not sure why I didn't got for it - lovely watch.

Really nice collection. Like them all, but the VC is my favourite.

You have very good taste joe!

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    Great collection ... the quest for "the holy trinity" .. still a realistic aim??

Connor showed me the VC ... very tempting ... not sure why I didn't got for it - lovely watch.
    Really really want the 5712 but my wife would go nuts and if honest I'm not quite there yet In terms of afforadability, could sell to get it but don't want to really. Will hold out now I hope ;-)

I'm impressed by your focus and self control!

Fantastic collection, and another vote here for the VC. Love the stealth element.

Congratulations.

Master
    Great collection. I'd echo the responses above re: the VC. Never really considered it myself, but it's a beauty.

Yachtmaster is also really nice, and it's certainly an improvement on the platinum ones, but if you were able to trade it for the 5712 that would be game, set and match in my opinion. I'd be done.

(with a 16600 Sea Dweller as a beater, of course ;) )

Master
    Great trio there.
    Love the YM but the VC is my favourite.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Lovely collection mate.

Fantastic collection.

Much prefer the roc to the roo.

Seems like the yachmaster is a stop gap until that nautilus arrives to complete the trinity!

I can't believe I am saying this but I really like the VC the most out of the three.

Mark Williams on IPhone Taptalk

Craftsman
    The Yachtmaster is absolutely my pick of the 3. That's not to say I don't like the other 2. It's just beautiful.

Journeyman
    Nice collection, particularly the Overseas, don't see too many of them about

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Great collection. I'd echo the responses above re: the VC. Never really considered it myself, but it's a beauty.

Yachtmaster is also really nice, and it's certainly an improvement on the platinum ones, but if you were able to trade it for the 5712 that would be game, set and match in my opinion. I'd be done.

(with a 16600 Sea Dweller as a beater, of course ;) )
    hahah fair comment

Quote Originally Posted by teeth man View Post
    Fantastic collection.

Much prefer the roc to the roo.

Seems like the yachmaster is a stop gap until that nautilus arrives to complete the trinity!
    I suspect your right! that said still really liking it a few weeks in.

Cheers

Surprising amount of love for the VC, it is a lovely thing though even if I am biased;-)

Three great watches - I particularly like the look of the VC.

Neil

Craftsman
    Nice discipline limiting to 3. (and goes without saying 3 lovely watches)

Do you never get the twitch to add other excellent timepieces at, for instance lower prices? Stuff like D&S or Junghans or Damasko or, I dunno, a thousand others?

Or is it always going to be 3 or threeabouts?

Craftsman
    That is an excellent trio.... That Yachtmaster gets better and better every time I see it. Enjoy!

Craftsman
    I love the yacht master, would be my pick of the three but really is a fantastic trilogy you have. Well done and enjoy.

Lovely collection.. I wouldn't have considered a VC before but yours is stunning.. Another one for the list.

A gorgeous trio , congratulations .