closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart Ocean 1 Bronze

Steinhart Ocean 1 Bronze

Has anyone seen or got one of the new Steinhart Ocean 1 Bronze models yet. Had an email land in my inbox this morning from Steinhart. Looks nice and a very reasonable price 450EUR. Very tempted :-)

Usual Steinhart case with horrible flat lugs. I wish they'd do 40mm versions of the Ocean One.

Master
    Got the same email, looks stunning and an absolute bargain at 450 Euro. Gonna wait and see what people say about it after a few months of ownership before ordering, how the bronze holds up after daily use etc......

Master
    Really doesn't look right in bronze, but then I don't like bronze watches in general. That price is heading towards £450 after Brexit and my money would be going elsewhere.

I have no problem with the flattish lugs - my wrists are wide enough to accommodate their shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Usual Steinhart case with horrible flat lugs. I wish they'd do 40mm versions of the Ocean One.
    Sorry to say it because they look fantastic but I agree with this: the main reason I sold my Ocean 1 military.

New they look a bit gaudy, but hopefully they will develop a nice patina.

I particularly like the one with the green bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    New they look a bit gaudy, but hopefully they will develop a nice patina.

I particularly like the one with the green bezel.

This is exactly the one that I would get. Think it looks lovely. 😊

Craftsman
    I find it very hard to picture what it'd look like on the wrist, looked very bright in the photo they emailed out.

am normally a Steinhart Fan, and am looking at an Ocean 1 on Vintage GMT at the moment...but this is hideous..

Really like it - it's the C1 version for me with leather strap and light brown bezel....actually I just ordered one too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bigmul View Post
    Really like it - it's the C1 version for me with leather strap and light brown bezel....actually I just ordered one too :-)
    Would love to know what you think when it lands.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    Really doesn't look right in bronze, but then I don't like bronze watches in general. That price is heading towards £450 after Brexit and my money would be going elsewhere.

I have no problem with the flattish lugs - my wrists are wide enough to accommodate their shape.
    €450 is £383
    Last edited by James_; 9th July 2016 at 21:39.

Has any fellow Tzers gotten their hands on the Bronze Steinhart. Which bezel did you go for? The green keeps shouting to me! How have you found them and how have they aged? Any quality issues? Pics would be good 😊

Master
    I was hoping to see a response to t72s question too .

I too was hoping to see how the bronze watch ages and if there were any issues with things like the bronze bezel or crown. I am guessing as the patina comes on these could get stiff? I did email Steinhart Sunday to ask the current leadtime but sadly they did not bother to respond :-(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by t72 View Post
    I too was hoping to see how the bronze watch ages and if there were any issues with things like the bronze bezel or crown. I am guessing as the patina comes on these could get stiff? I did email Steinhart Sunday to ask the current leadtime but sadly they did not bother to respond :-(
    Well, if it helps in anyway, have a look at my SC post for the Tudor black bay bronze I sold recently. The bronze really gets better with time. It's too blingy at first but soon dulls and takes on a browney/grey hue. Of course, the Steinhart bronze may be a little different. Parts like the crown and bezel (areas which are touched by fingers more often) seem to patinate more rapidly, all of which add to the character of the watch in my opinion.

Here's mine as of today. I received it around 7 weeks ago and wore it for a week but it's sat unworn until today. As you can see, the pic was taken under some very bright lights but the blingy appearance of the Steinhart website shots is long gone. In fact, it never looked like those awful pictures.

I don't particularly like the slab sides or the long lugs and in some regards I prefer the curvier brass Maranez Layan I sold a few months back but the patina on this is developing ok.

Patina, dial, hands, strap, crystal, bezel.

Could be better:
    Lugs, case shape.

All in all, I like it and will hold onto it for a good time but it is far from perfect.

It's a real pity about those lugs and their effect on wearability (at least in my case). I think it's a really good-looking watch and wouldn't mind giving brass a try.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post

Here's mine as of today. I received it around 7 weeks ago and wore it for a week but it's sat unworn until today. As you can see, the pic was taken under some very bright lights but the blingy appearance of the Steinhart website shots is long gone. In fact, it never looked like those awful pictures.

I don't particularly like the slab sides or the long lugs and in some regards I prefer the curvier brass Maranez Layan I sold a few months back but the patina on this is developing ok.

Could be better:
    Lugs, case shape.

All in all, I like it and will hold onto it for a good time but it is far from perfect.
    Cheers PH.

I must say the long lugs on the LLD put me off that one hence why I went for the 1935.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post

Could be better:
    Lugs, case shape.

I agree with regards to the long lugs. It does appear to be ageing nicely. A very nice looking watch 😊😊

Been meaning to post this pic.Finally getting around to it.
    Ocean 1 Bronze with chocolate dial.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post

What age is this Raj? The patina seems to be developing quite unevenly it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    What age is this Raj? The patina seems to be developing quite unevenly it seems.
    Would say 2-3 months.Bought it when it came out.

Master
    Mmmm, from the Steinhart website, the green would have been my choice but this looks great too. Do the end links come as standard?

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Mmmm, from the Steinhart website, the green would have been my choice but this looks great too. Do the end links come as standard?
    They do on the version that comes on the rubber strap.

I enquired with Steinhart on leadtime on the green bezel version. After 4 days they came back with the reply below. Not very inspiring!! :-(

the sooner you order, the higher will you be on the list of customers to be served (watch probably back in stock mid of next week).

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post

I must say the patina is very uneven. The anonimo I had was much more even. Is there a risk to the bezel and crown becoming stiff? Anonimo used a stainless crown?

Journeyman
    Not quite convinced about this one. I'd go for an Armida

Mine arrived last week. Have encouraged the patina a bit to reduce the blinginess factor.

Master
    Mine arrived last week. Have encouraged the patina a bit to reduce the blinginess factor.
    How are you encouraging the reduction? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    How are you encouraging the reduction? :-)
    Boiled egg and vinegar.

I have one on order - very excited - I like bling!

I love Bronze watches, I only have one mind.

I just like watching the patina developing :thumbup:

They both look great to me :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I like the dial - prefer it to the normal Ocean 1, and the sword hands, and the no date - but I dislike the colour of the bezels and question whether bronze is really suitable as a case material or merely a passing fashion.
    If they would do me a stainless steel version with that dial and hands, black dial and bezel and a very lightly domed sapphire crystal I would be in like a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    I like the dial - prefer it to the normal Ocean 1, and the sword hands, and the no date - but I dislike the colour of the bezels and question whether bronze is really suitable as a case material or merely a passing fashion.
    If they would do me a stainless steel version with that dial and hands, black dial and bezel and a very lightly domed sapphire crystal I would be in like a shot.
    Rolex themselves made something like this - a Submariner with an Explorer dial - quite a rarity and they go for six figures: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-100-000.html

This is what happens if you leave it out in all weathers for many weeks.

Does the crown still work??

Yes and the bezel too.

This is what happens if you leave it out in all weathers for many weeks.

I like it.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Not to shore no it