closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for Greek holiday please

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Going to kos in August,will be our first time,staying 10mins from kardemena,read some good things about it so really looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth going on the boat trip to Kalimnos, Plati & Pserimos. Great way to 'waste' a day on a boat :)

Craftsman
    In them there mountainous Hills of Surrey
    I can now confirm that Crete is currently flipping hot! Time for a Mythos me thinks. 😎

Grand Master
    Check out Santorini, we've been twice now and i found it utterly relaxing and yet there is plenty of scope for adventure too, with a live volcano and more history then you can shake a stick at, and stunning views all over. You can take your pick from yellow, red and black volcanic beaches too. Perissa is probably the best beach and the whole island is so small everywhere is easily accessible, avoid stating in Thira though as that gets crowded with cruise mobs.

ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Sidari, Corfu.
    Home to the best sunset in the world (apparently)

Also Corfu was the main location use for the James Bond film For Your Eyes Only, I've seen the film, but not really a bond fan. Although going round the island spotting locations and remembering the scenes as a pleasant distraction for the day

A couple of links to where we hung around most of last summer
    http://www.cycladia.com/best-beaches-greece/sidari/
    http://www.cycladia.com/best-beaches...annel-of-love/

Master
    We go to Kardamyli once every one or two years. Don't like to talk about it much as it's still relatively unspoilt and doesn't attract the wrong sort of crowd. As we're among friends though...

Some pics and a bit of history here: http://www.maniguide.info/kardamili.html

Brilliant for walking, Maniot and Byzantine churches, good for food, passable for beaches. Stoupa down the road has bars and nightclubs and so on, I believe. Doesn't seem very nice, though.

I can heartily recommend Crete, Fantastic place, as someone else said, get a little up in to the hills for amazing views and a nice bit of peace and quiet.

A friend of mine has some villas just outside Almirida 20km East of Chania, have a look here:

http://www.rentavillacrete.com/index.html

Craftsman
    I've just returned from Tsilivi in Zante and enjoyed it very much.
    It has plenty of good bars and restaurants without feeling that its too big.
    It has a good beach with some nice little beach bars.
    There are are plenty of areas to visit round the island and I would recommend a tour round it.
    The missus and hire hired a couple of mopeds and spent a day riding round seeing as much as we could.
    Its also worth going on a boat trip and there are plenty of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger View Post
    We go to Kardamyli once every one or two years. Don't like to talk about it much as it's still relatively unspoilt and doesn't attract the wrong sort of crowd. As we're among friends though...

Some pics and a bit of history here: http://www.maniguide.info/kardamili.html

Brilliant for walking, Maniot and Byzantine churches, good for food, passable for beaches. Stoupa down the road has bars and nightclubs and so on, I believe. Doesn't seem very nice, though.
    We know Kardamyli area very well and have clocked up 6 trips to Stoupa as a family.

The area has it all and holds very special memories for us.

Go where the locals go , not the drunk pub british people

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Check out Santorini, we've been twice now and i found it utterly relaxing and yet there is plenty of scope for adventure too, with a live volcano and more history then you can shake a stick at, and stunning views all over. You can take your pick from yellow, red and black volcanic beaches too. Perissa is probably the best beach and the whole island is so small everywhere is easily accessible, avoid stating in Thira though as that gets crowded with cruise mobs.

Just back from Santorini, probably the 10th visit. I would normally have tired of Greek summer holidays but this place is great, The villages of Pyrgos and Emborio in the south are fine, good local wines and a beer called Yellow Donkey help the days even more pleasant. Avoid Thira as mentioned, it can get mobbed , instead try Oia at the top of the island, a magnificent drive along the upper road.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Just back from Santorini, probably the 10th visit. I would normally have tired of Greek summer holidays but this place is great, The villages of Pyrgos and Emborio in the south are fine, good local wines and a beer called Yellow Donkey help the days even more pleasant. Avoid Thira as mentioned, it can get mobbed , instead try Oia at the top of the island, a magnificent drive along the upper road.
    We are heading off to Santorini next Saturday (11th visit)

Can't wait to get back there.

Looking forward to the local wines and some cold refreshing beer in the sunshine.

Will probably visit Santo Winery again, as that's where our daughter got married on 1st August 2104.

Gaia wines are also very good.

Nice when it is sunny, and when there is no sun.......

[]http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i455/timphillipson/IMG_1316M_zps0sp9kdhy.jpg[/IMG]