closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Yacht on Rubber ref 116655

Rolex Yacht on Rubber ref 116655

Any owners on here. Really after a PP5711 or 5712 but just cant bring myself to pay the premium over list at the moment.

Used 116655's seem to be £15k ish perhaps a bit lower which feels safe-ish......?

I think its a lovely looking thing and never had anything in a precious metal, couldn't handle full gold bracelet so this might just work........ Obv need to try one on but cant at the mo so wondering if anyone has tried the 'oysterflex rubber strap'

https://www.rolex.com/watches/yacht-...6655-0001.html

Would be interesting to hear what anyones views are.....

Cheers

Joe

This is honestly really beautiful. I was never a lover of metallic bracelets and if I had a Rolex I'd try to get a model that fits one of those heavy thick rugged leather strap. This is the first first Rolex I see with a rubber strap.

I like it, but I bet you would get a lot of hate throughout the community. Some (snobs) would look at you and just assume it's a 50$ fake or an "homage"/replica.

Although I believe it doesn't go 100% well with a suit, so not exactly elegant, I'd wear one if I had the money.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I tried one on, if that helps. The strap was top notch.
    I really like them, particularly the contrast of the rose gold and black on a sports watch.
    As for snobs not liking it, who cares? Snobs are unpopular little scrotes for a reason most of the time

Master

Rolex Yacht on Rubber ref 116655

Tried one and the strap was excellent.
    What put me off were the gaps between case and strap.

Edit. This photo shows the gaps.

Last edited by EJL25; 1st July 2016 at 20:29.

I've tried one on too. Lovely watch.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Pretty sure Kash had one pretty early on

hmmmm so sounds like the strap has been liked on balance of this albeit small thread..will go and hunt one to try on.

also think Kash had one as think I talked to him about it at the time.

cheers

Master
    I was loving this until you pointed that out, kills it for me.............. That and that its too damn small!!

I like that they are doing somethign a little different though!

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Tried one and the strap was excellent.
    What put me off were the gaps between case and strap.

Edit. This photo shows the gaps.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Beggars belief that Rolex didn't put fitted ends on this strap.

Blog Entries
    I think it is a very attractive watch and IMO the sort of watch given the funds one adds to a collection for diversity and quite rightly given the pricing and the manufacturer a properly fitted strap should have been a must.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    I think it is a very attractive watch and IMO the sort of watch given the funds one adds to a collection for diversity and quite rightly given the pricing and the manufacturer a properly fitted strap should have been a must.
    When I tried it, I got a feeling that the new design on the strap is the reason why it can't be made perfectly fitted with the case.

Rubber B makes great looking strap that are fitted perfectly but the wearing comfort of the Rolex strap is so much better. Rubber B isn't able to move the same way as the Rolex strap and it affects the wearing comfort.

I think that they made a judgement call and chose comfort over looks. And I do think it was a right call even I do hate the gaps.

Craftsman
    Personally I think it's a great looking watch, and the straps wouldn't put me off, more it's a tad expensive

Does it look a little bling in the flesh? And at 40 this would fit me beautifully if my numbers came up

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    When I tried it, I got a feeling that the new design on the strap is the reason why it can't be made perfectly fitted with the case.

Rubber B makes great looking strap that are fitted perfectly but the wearing comfort of the Rolex strap is so much better. Rubber B isn't able to move the same way as the Rolex strap and it affects the wearing comfort.

I think that they made a judgement call and chose comfort over looks. And I do think it was a right call even I do hate the gaps.
    Having the strap mounted like they have does allow more movement, but then why not add end links like on the RG ceramic Daytona has?

And I know what you mean about RB/Everest fitted straps they lose some of the free movement near the watch head which you get from the OysterFlex.

I had one when they first appeared, it got a lot of admiring comments my main concern was the rubber strap, but in all honestly it was very comfortable.

If you do get one be aware their are two strap sizes so make sure you get the right length, no idea why they made two different lengths but I started with the short one the found it to tight for daily wear so had to get the longer one from the AD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by legin View Post
    I had one when they first appeared, it got a lot of admiring comments my main concern was the rubber strap, but in all honestly it was very comfortable.

If you do get one be aware their are two strap sizes so make sure you get the right length, no idea why they made two different lengths but I started with the short one the found it to tight for daily wear so had to get the longer one from the AD as well.
    There's actually six and the AD should have this to decide on best combination

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Having the strap mounted like they have does allow more movement, but then why not add end links like on the RG ceramic Daytona has?

And I know what you mean about RB/Everest fitted straps they lose some of the free movement near the watch head which you get from the OysterFlex.
    It would be nice if they offered end links.
    However I don't like the look of the Daytona with the end links so can't really say would it make it any better in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    There's actually six and the AD should have this to decide on best combination

They certainly didn't have six they only had two but then it was the first one they had received.

Master
    Grail watch for me I absolutely love it, one day

Thanks for all the comments people

Will try one out.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    [IMG][/IMG]

Master
    Blog Entries
    I recognise that : )

I loved the watch, got a lot of positive comments and looks from people who hate gold rolex. Stikes a nice bakance between bling and casual and looks very nice with the matt dial and red writing.

Still miss mine but maccer is enjoying it, shouldnt have sold it really but that goes for most of my watches like most on here.

Be warned i think new straps are not cheap, so make sure it is sized right for you from the start, also a while back they were hard to get with long delays...might have changed now

Go for it!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Indeed my friend! I may be ready for a change, I have worn this regularly since purchasing, it does get many positive comments. I think it versatile personally and wear smart or casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post

I loved the watch, got a lot of positive comments and looks from people who hate gold rolex. Stikes a nice bakance between bling and casual and looks very nice with the matt dial and red writing.

Still miss mine but maccer is enjoying it, shouldnt have sold it really but that goes for most of my watches like most on here.

Be warned i think new straps are not cheap, so make sure it is sized right for you from the start, also a while back they were hard to get with long delays...might have changed now

Go for it!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I prefer the straight strap by a country mile. Don't like curved ones much at all.
    Funny how tastes differ innit.

Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    Any owners on here. Really after a PP5711 or 5712 but just cant bring myself to pay the premium over list at the moment.

Used 116655's seem to be £15k ish perhaps a bit lower which feels safe-ish......?

I think its a lovely looking thing and never had anything in a precious metal, couldn't handle full gold bracelet so this might just work........ Obv need to try one on but cant at the mo so wondering if anyone has tried the 'oysterflex rubber strap'

https://www.rolex.com/watches/yacht-...6655-0001.html

Would be interesting to hear what anyones views are.....

Cheers

Joe
    It's my daily wearer, whether at work in a suit or at weekends. It's an absolutely amazing looking watch in my opinion. In fact, I actually have a second, brand new one in tags one that I'm going to put on SC when I get the chance.

Craftsman
    Absolutely lovely watch in my view!

Wanted to really love this one but when I tried it on couldn't believe how small it wears on the wrist. I've only got a 7.25" wrist and I was convinced they'd given me the 37mm version!!

If it works on your wrist though it's a lovely piece.

Craftsman
    I really love these. Gold and the rubber makes it wear casual.

Blog Entries
    I tried one on today and really like the 40mm version. Unfortunately it was on the larger strap (it was second hand). There was also the smaller version but looked way too small, but the strap fitted. Anyway I'd have to liquidate 3 other Rolex to get it so probably wait for the right one to turn up.

Martyn.

Blog Entries
    OMG. looks like the blood supply to your hand it cut off man!

Quote Originally Posted by maccer View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post

Go for it!
    I love the watch as well but I found it quite muted to be honest for the price

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yep, that's why those that hate all gold Rolex liked it. It's no gold sub that's for sure, so depends what you want

Blog Entries
    Indeed spotted a cpuple on display at my local AD, the 40mm looks very tempting..... ca. 18k though

Banned
    Blog Entries
    A lovely, lovely piece.

Craftsman
    It's a great piece but for that money I considered other things such as ALS PP etc but Rolex is just great because it's like a tank.

It is a lovely looking watch and I would happily add one if I had the funds BUT I just have a hunch that it will look very dated very soon as 2 elements are very much in vogue at the moment: the rubber strap (and bezel) and being rose gold.

Master
    Grail watch for me

At that price point I would be buying the Hublot Big Bang Meca-10 in Titanium but I appreciate that I am going to be in a mahoosive minority :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    While out at the weekend I saw one in the window of goldsmith in Bristol and having hankered for one I decided tongive it a try but I really wasn't that keen on the rubber band and was somewhat disappointed having held it in such high regard ;(

I had toyed with cashing in two of my watched and just having this but I was somewhat underwhelmed and wish I did like it more but the bracelet just wasn't for me or not enough to buy it there and then anyway

Maybe if one comes up in sc I'll feel more compelled to purchase but You'll see my bnlr in the back ground and so I think I'll stick with it for now and be £12k better off

Last edited by R0bertb00th; 6th December 2016 at 23:31.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Grail watch for me

Not for long eh?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Not for long eh?!
    Yes I know hence my post, I'm still gutted about it now as it's such a lovely piece to look at but it Felt really small on my chunky wrists and as I said I didn't like the band, I so wanted it to be perfect though and thought I would post to take some time to reflect and be convinced otherwise

Craftsman
    While out at the weekend I saw one in the window of goldsmith in Bristol and having hankered for one I decided tongive it a try but I really wasn't that keen on the rubber band and was somewhat disappointed having held it in such high regard ;(

I had toyed with cashing in two of my watched and just having this but I was somewhat underwhelmed and wish I did like it more but the bracelet just wasn't for me or not enough to buy it there and then anyway

Maybe if one comes up in sc I'll feel more compelled to purchase but You'll see my bnlr in the back ground and so I think I'll stick with it for now and be £12k better off

I had the same experience - deffo nicer in real than on photos but rather underwhelming for that money and I wasn't convinced of the rubber compared to PP Aquanaut for example

such a lovely piece to look at but it Felt really small on my chunky wrists
    What i dont get is, and im not critisising you, is that this is the same size as a sub, i had a sub and went through the "its too small for me" phase, but after a bit of time to get the 42mm plus watches out of your mind it was actually ok, when i tried this at an AD, i took my sub off to try it, i wasnt struck by how small it was, but how stunning it was.
    I have since put a rubberb on my gmt as a trial and actually love it on that, i understand that size is important or perception of size at least and my wrists are 8+" maybe thats why i bought the ym2 over the everose, but i still love my gmt.

Journeyman
    It is a grail watch for me. Absolutely love the Yatchmaster and this one is so different. The gaps between the case and strap do bother me and I would probably swap the strap for an Everest one to avoid this.

Yes I know hence my post, I'm still gutted about it now as it's such a lovely piece to look at but it Felt really small on my chunky wrists and as I said I didn't like the band, I so wanted it to be perfect though and thought I would post to take some time to reflect and be convinced otherwise

Easily done Robert but at least you got to try it and knew before laying out the dough it wasn't for you. As I've posted before when I tried on same piece I was convinced it was the 37mm version they gave me in the AD as it looked tiny on my girly 7.25" wrist.....however the 116621 Everose on a bracelet is a lovely size (and if it had a Ceramic bezel I would have bought one ages ago...) so I personally put the Oysterflex rubber strap down as the "size" relative to "wear" issue on the 116655.

Looks a lovely watch.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    So almost two months on from my last post about the Everest and I've been thinking about it ever since trying pre Xmas as per my previous posts an so taking time to reflect, so when the chance to get one showed up on SC at a great price it was too much too resist and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my yachtmaster, neevr did I think I would be able to buy one but the joy of sc means I'm able to get something at such a price that if I do decide it's not for me I'll get my money back.

I'm really excited to receive it and feel like a kid at Xmas, I'll post pictures in due course thanks T-Z
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 26th February 2017 at 00:28.

Master
    Theses are absolutely stunning imho.

Craftsman
    Excellent, was half tempted myself. Glad you grabbed it and looking forward to the pics n updates
    Congrats

Craftsman
    Think that looks superb although quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    It is a lovely looking watch and I would happily add one if I had the funds BUT I just have a hunch that it will look very dated very soon as 2 elements are very much in vogue at the moment: the rubber strap (and bezel) and being rose gold.
    It is indeed a lovely looking piece, but as above I'm not so sure that it won't appear quite dated in just a few years,