closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best way to order adjustable Omega 'Push' clasp for PO 42

Best way to order adjustable Omega 'Push' clasp for PO 42

I was looking at getting one of the new 300 LM co-axial adjustable bracelet clasps for my PO 8500 42. I normally order my OEM parts through Cousins UK, but I couldn't find it on their website. Can anyone recommend the best way of buying one? My nearest Omega Boutique is quite a way away so I was hoping to order online... thanks in advance

Master
    You mention you have no boutique near you but is there an AD? Basically provided they have an account for parts with Omega they should be able to order it in for you.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    You mention you have no boutique near you but is there an AD? Basically provided they have an account for parts with Omega they should be able to order it in for you.
    Nearest one is a half hour drive away so I was hoping to go the lazy option and order online. I'm totally happy to fit it myself - as it's the newer 8500 bracelet I understand its a straight swap in...

Blog Entries
    Spoke with the Omega boutique in Glasgow a few weeks ago. The clasp is circa £130.

I am sure you could phone and pay and they could post out to you.

Banned
    I ordered one today for my GMT Goodplanet. The part you want is 117STZ001154. Cost from boutique was £100 and should be here in 1 - 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by rossi46vr View Post
    I ordered one today for my GMT Goodplanet. The part you want is 117STZ001154. Cost from boutique was £100 and should be here in 1 - 2 weeks
    Is that for the 22/20mm bracelet matey? Do you happen to know the part code for the 20/18mm bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by pjsayer View Post
    Is that for the 22/20mm bracelet matey? Do you happen to know the part code for the 20/18mm bracelet?
    I've just answered my own question. Apparently the 20/18mm taper clasp OEM part number is 117STZ000824. I've just ordered one from my 'local' boutique who were happy to post it out to me. I can't wait to fit it and start wearing my PO a little more often. It's too chunky to not have some form of bracelet micro adjustment, particularly since the weather's turned a tad humid. I'll post up some pics once it's on have a great weekend!

Master
    Mine is 154 which is the one for 18mm and was 76.78£ about over a month ago from Trafford Centre OB. I believe this is also the one for 8500 42mm as well as 2500 42mm and got it installed at my 1610/930 2254 bracelet.

Blog Entries
    I also want to fit the adjustable clasp on my PO8500.

Do I need to buy anything other than the clasp?

Seems to be some different prices being quoted by Omega boutiques.

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    I also want to fit the adjustable clasp on my PO8500.

Do I need to buy anything other than the clasp?

Seems to be some different prices being quoted by Omega boutiques.
    From what I read on WUS it is a straight swap for the stock clasp, but may require you to remove a link as its longer.

I was quoted £77 including shipping from Westfield, Stratford. Seems very reasonable to me considering OEM clasps on Cousins start around £120+ VAT. I'm hoping they ordered the right one for me

Okay stupid question - does the adjustable SM300 push clasp only come in one size? I received the part order from Omega Stratford but ref. 117STZ000824 (which I got from a thread on WUS) is actually a butterfly clasp for an AT and not the clasp I was after. Doh!

I'm sure 117STZ001154 is the correct part number, but this is for the Big Size 45.5. I figured there would be a smaller size to accommodate the 20/18mm taper of the 42mm PO. Any ideas?

Master
    45.5mm PO bracelets taper from 22mm to 20mm and 42mm models taper 20mm to 18mm. There are two different deployant clasps for these models due to the size differences.

The SM300 only comes in one size and has a 21mm lug width tapering to 18mm at the clasp. So the SM300 adjustable clasp will only fit the 42mm PO.

117STZ001154 is the part for the SM300 from what I can see, and is an 18mm clasp that will fit a 42mm PO.

Okay stupid question - does the adjustable SM300 push clasp only come in one size? I received the part order from Omega Stratford but ref. 117STZ000824 (which I got from a thread on WUS) is actually a butterfly clasp for an AT and not the clasp I was after. Doh!

I'm sure 117STZ001154 is the correct part number, but this is for the Big Size 45.5. I figured there would be a smaller size to accommodate the 20/18mm taper of the 42mm PO. Any ideas?
    Have a look here: link...and at the rest of that thread for more pictures/advice. To me it looks like a 20 mm clasp in the place of an 18 mm original. As I understand it, the Speedmaster moved to a 20 mm parallel bracelet some time ago...but that may simply be confusing the issue.

Trying to get my head around the fact that one size clasp works with both the 42 and 45.5 POs. I'm probably being stupid, but surely it would be too big for the 20/18mm taper on the 42?

Master
    Trying to get my head around the fact that one size clasp works with both the 42 and 45.5 POs. I'm probably being stupid, but surely it would be too big for the 20/18mm taper on the 42?
    I've seen the 154 clasp fitted to 45mm PO but once the extension is used, there's a minimal difference between the bracelet end links and the clasp adjustable body since 18 and 20 mm meets at the end.

Master
    EDITED

Got it, I think. There is only one part number for stainless steel: 0117STZ001154. The central part of the C-shape link that joins the clasp to the bracelet is the same size i.e. across 20mm and 18mm bracelets the outer sub-links are 1mm different. So it seems that the same clasp is used on 42mm or 45.4mm POs, and the 'joining' link, which is part of the bracelet and not the clasp, accounts for the difference?

Last edited by Guitarfan; 2nd July 2016 at 20:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    EDITED

Got it, I think. There is only one part number for stainless steel: 0117STZ001154. The central part of the C-shape link that joins the clasp to the bracelet is the same size i.e. across 20mm and 18mm bracelets the outer sub-links are 1mm different. So it seems that the same clasp is used on 42mm or 45.4mm POs, and the 'joining' link, which is part of the bracelet and not the clasp, accounts for the difference?

Thanks Dave that's cleared things up completely. So it's a straight swap in to the PO 8500 42 bracelet

As an aside Omega Stratford generously offered to refund my the cost of posting back to them the unwanted AT clasp and doing a straight swap for the 1154 clasp. This is despite the fact that it was my fault that I ordered the wrong clasp in the first place. Great customer services. I'll post up some more pics once the correct clasp has arrived and I've fitted it on.

Still can't get over how relatively cheap this upgrade is. OEM clasps on Cousins are double the cost and for older models.

Master
    No problem. Yep, I reckon it'll be a straight swap onto a 42mm PO 8500 bracelet. You'll have two spare "joining links" left over from the new clasp, as they'll be the same ones your current clasp uses if my assumptions are correct.

Let us know...

My new clasp arrived from Stratford Omega late last week (great service by the way). Definitely the best £76 I've ever spent. It took 5 minutes to fit and works very well. The new clasp gives me just about the right amount of adjustability when out and about and the extra weight seems to balance the fit somewhat making it less top heavy.

This is on the shortest setting...

And fully extended...

Craftsman
    definitely going to do this - do you have the part number PJ?

Quote Originally Posted by xanx View Post
    definitely going to do this - do you have the part number PJ?
    The part number is 0117STZ001154. I couldn't recommend Stratford Omega highly enough - they were happy to take payment over the phone and post out RMSD. I originally thought they'd made a mistake with the price as £76 is excellent VFM IMO.

Blog Entries
    Just got one fitted on my PO. A great mod and would highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need one of these too. May try Trafford centre :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys

I've contacted the Manchester boutique and they are going to order one in, but they are having difficulty identifying which part number it is.

so, can someone, who has done exactly this, comment on which part number is required for a PO 8500 42mm - is it definitely 0117STZ001154? Please do not comment if you are speculating, I need someone to comment who actually has had this done for clarity. Many thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by hicksmat View Post
    Hi guys

I've contacted the Manchester boutique and they are going to order one in, but they are having difficulty identifying which part number it is.

so, can someone, who has done exactly this, comment on which part number is required for a PO 8500 42mm - is it definitely 0117STZ001154? Please do not comment if you are speculating, I need someone to comment who actually has had this done for clarity. Many thanks guys.

It would be so much easier if someone could post the bracelet references with the part numbers to do the modification. The clasp reference may be the same, but the links to couple it to the bracelet may differ. Did the PO in either or both sizes only ever come on one type/reference of bracelet? Once we know that, perhaps we can do the same for the SMP models and their bracelets? My thanks to anyone who can give a complete list of an Omega bracelet and the necessary part references.

from WUS:

"Norah in Pittsburgh is awesome, I called this week, she knew exactly what I needed for my 42mm 8500 Planet Ocean, it was part # 0117STZ001154. Earlier posts in this thread showed this to be only for the 45mm PO and a different part # for the 42mm but she assured me the 1154 part was what I needed, she even looked up the other part # and said it was a butterfly clasp, not what I wanted. She shipped it next day UPS and I installed it in 5 minutes, perfect fit, the way the PO should have came from the factory. The clasp is slightly longer than the original which was good for me, the original clasp I could barely fit over my hand to get it on my wrist, this one makes putting the watch on much easier plus the obvious benefit of microadjusting during the day. Thanks to the OP for this thread!"

I'm going to go with 0117STZ001154 for the 42mm PO 8500.

I can speak from firsthand experience the part number you need is 117STZ001154. It is a straight swap in to the PO 42 8500 bracelet and took me 5 mins max. Best £76 I've ever spent

I can speak from firsthand experience the part number you need is 117STZ001154. It is a straight swap in to the PO 42 8500 bracelet and took me 5 mins max. Best £76 I've ever spent
    Bingo! perfect! thank you for your input!

someone needs to clear up the inaccurate info on this thread btw.

thanks again.

Blog Entries
    I have the older 42mm PO with the 18mm clasp and pins rather than screws on the bracelet, anyone know whether you can get an 18mm adjustable clasp? Done the mod on my SMPc and it just about makes for the perfect smp now so what to now mod my PO

Please can somone confirm that the clasp will fit a 2901.50 with a 1580/952 bracelet? I'm rather confused by the various model numbers.
    Thanks