closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Alaska project Speedmaster

Master
    Blog Entries

Omega Alaska project Speedmaster

Sleepers IMO half the price of a Snoppy with a real Omega Speedmaster space connection, IMO better looking too, designed to go into space for walks with the red aluminium outer cover.

M

P.S anyone an Alaska owner on the forum?

One of my favourites. This will always be my "one that got away". I remember seeing one for sale for £3k in 2009 / 2010 and I just wanted something else at the time and I let it slip by. I think the full package is stunning.

Shhhhh - don't tell anyone. I want one of these but didn't have the guts to order NOS from Italy

I regret seeing one in Singapore and not picking it up! This was just last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or any white dial Speedmaster Professional? http://www.fratellowatches.com/speed...ionals-choose/

For me the appeal of the Snoopy is more than just the dial colour, it's the mission, Apollo 13, one of the most remembered and also the fact that the Omega Speedmaster Professional watch was recognized as being an import piece of equipment that helped to save lives, hence the Snoopy award.

The Alaska project is a nice version of the Speedmaster Professional, for a long time I wanted one, when I finally saw one I couldn't live with the shuttles on the sub-dials. Have to say the normal black Speedmaster Professional dial is still the one to beat.

Master
    I had one and sold it. It's an awesome package but I didn't really like the "shuttle" markers and prefered the standard Speedy overall.

It's a great package, but I don't like white dials that much (and agree, the Shuttle hands are a bit gimmicky), so I prefer the standard watch and no-one's going to wear the red casing are they?

If I had 10 Speedmasters, I'd want one of these, but not for wearing.

M

Another one who is not for white dials here. Very few white dialled watches that sit well with me unfortunately.

I would however own one of these - purely for the collection and any watch based storytimes.

Master
    Here's mine :-)

Journeyman
    The only speedy I'd ever consider buying. The white dial really pops. Much prefer it to the moonwatch.

Love it, and miss mine.

What number is yours? :-)

That's definitely in my top 2 Speedmaster special editions along with the Blue faced Gemini IV.

Master
    While Moonwatches are my 'thing', I'm definitely not a fan of the various 'special edition' Speedmasters (original Snoopy excepted) but I agree with the OP that the Alaska Project is more attractive than the recent Snoopy. In fact I consider it to be a ridiculously gimmicky watch.

Craftsman
    A black leather strap with white stitching would look unreal on this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    While Moonwatches are my 'thing', I'm definitely not a fan of the various 'special edition' Speedmasters (original Snoopy excepted) but I agree with the OP that the Alaska Project is more attractive than the recent Snoopy. In fact I consider it to be a ridiculously gimmicky watch.

Tend to agree with you ( especially on the original snoopy).

However on the Alaska aren't the shuttle hands symbolic of the actual hands on some of the gauges used in the spacecraft?

I quite like them to be honest.

Craftsman
    Definitely prefer it to the Snoopy!

Master
    Blog Entries

a few more

and very please NOS

^^^^did you just get that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries

Yep

Yep! Posted a lot on forums (WTB) and one popped up. So I jumped on it!

M

Master
    It's a kinda weird how the 2015 Snoopy has instantly become a cult watch, while the original 2003 Snoopy was a struggle for the ADs to shift.
    I bought my first Moonwatch in early 2004 (new for £860 from a reseller) after visiting several local ADs to try and get a discount close to the on-line price. I failed to get within £100 for the standard Moonwatch that I wanted, but one AD was keen to sell me a Snoopy for £895.

The nicest white dial Speedy that I've seen was custom build on WUS - an all white (Italian Version?) dial, black handset, red 'Alaska' chrono secs and a Pulsations bezel. That was sweet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    and very please NOS

Congratulations. That's very nice. Wear it (carefully) in good health.

Master
    If you can just draw a snoopy on it, it will double in value!

Nice looking watch.

Here's mine with Snoopy!

IS THIS MY STOLEN WATCH?

Hi Mic,

Please can you reply to my last PM asking for the exact number of the watch?

Like I said in our PM's I was burgled in December and had a Project Alaska Speedy stolen.

The chances of it being mine are very slim, but when you said the LE number was in the 600's I stated mine was 610.

Now that's still a 1/100 chance and I'm sure it isn't the one, but obviously need to know.

Heres a link to the thread I started after the burglary, with pics of the LE number and serial number visible.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...WITH-SERIAL-NO

I don't know if you're having issues with your messaging inbox? So if you could PM me or post here that would be great so I can put this one to bed and continue my search.

Cheers,
    Tris

It's a kinda weird how the 2015 Snoopy has instantly become a cult watch, while the original 2003 Snoopy was a struggle for the ADs to shift.
    I bought my first Moonwatch in early 2004 (new for £860 from a reseller) after visiting several local ADs to try and get a discount close to the on-line price. I failed to get within £100 for the standard Moonwatch that I wanted, but one AD was keen to sell me a Snoopy for £895.

The nicest white dial Speedy that I've seen was custom build on WUS - an all white (Italian Version?) dial, black handset, red 'Alaska' chrono secs and a Pulsations bezel. That was sweet.
    Not really. I imagine a large part of demand for the 2015 came about because of the success of the previous version. I reckon if there'd never been a 2003 watch, the new one wouldn't have the status it does.

Craftsman
    love that speedy

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Not really. I imagine a large part of demand for the 2015 came about because of the success of the previous version. I reckon if there'd never been a 2003 watch, the new one wouldn't have the status it does.
    You also need to factor in the numbers made, the 2015 only had 1,970 made, whereas the 2003 had 5,441 made - that is significantly fewer watches this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by trisdg View Post
    Hi Mic,

Like I said in our PM's I was burgled in December and had a Project Alaska Speedy stolen.

The chances of it being mine are very slim, but when you said the LE number was in the 600's I stated mine was 610.

Now that's still a 1/100 chance and I'm sure it isn't the one, but obviously need to know.

Heres a link to the thread I started after the burglary, with pics of the LE number and serial number visible.

I don't know if you're having issues with your messaging inbox? So if you could PM me or post here that would be great so I can put this one to bed and continue my search.

Cheers,
    Tris

Still no message, please can you get back to me ASAP with pics of the back.

Also, just found this thread in the Omega forum you started asking about how to find out of any of the Omegas you'd recently bought were stolen

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omeg...watches.41617/

Master
    Still no message, please can you get back to me ASAP with pics of the back.

Also, just found this thread in the Omega forum you started asking about how to find out of any of the Omegas you'd recently bought were stolen

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omeg...watches.41617/
    Don't panic. He is offline and last on about an hour earlier than your first post.
    He PM'd me earlier (something unrelated) and I haven't heard back since. However, he is currently working abroad so he's not just ignoring you.
    Hopefully all is OK. His is apparently NOS. Yours would appear to have been worn, with marks on the back of the lugs??

Don't panic. He is offline and last on about an hour earlier than your first post.
    He PM'd me earlier (something unrelated) and I haven't heard back since. However, he is currently working abroad so he's not just ignoring you.
    Hopefully all is OK. His is apparently NOS. Yours would appear to have been worn, with marks on the back of the lugs??

Cheers for that,

Yeah like I said it's 1 in a 100, but nonetheless I still need to know. I'm sure it's nothing, but the fact that someone broke into my flat, went into my bedroom, went through all my stuff and then stole my watches still hurts.

Apart from the strap changing marks on mine it could easily have passed for new as it had been recently serviced,

Plus I'm sure if someone dodgy wanted to sell a stolen watch, they could easily say it was NOS to not let any suspicions arise.

Hopefully Mic will reply soon with a picture of the back of his showing it's not my watch

Master
    Blog Entries

Sorry Tris wrong number

Hi Tris,

Out by over seventy mate.

Cheers,
    Michael

Hi Mic,

Cheers,
    Tris

Master
    Blog Entries

Angry Etiquette and trust on watch forums ..........

Hi all,

Ok Tris, time to pick up all your toys off the floor and pull that massive dummy tit-out of your mouth for a moment. Today is a good day for you - a school day, I hope. There are a few unspoken rules of etiquette while being a member of a watch forum, any watch forum for that matter, which need to be schooled to you. This may be difficult for you from your minuscule experience of watch forums as lately shown and most likely a child like IQ, however, none the less I will try to endeavour.

Firstly, if you have an issue with another watch forum member try to deal with it using private messages (PM) before making things public making slanderous theories about them and using another watch forums (Omega forum) to justify them. This method may also require a period of time for a reply (not hours possibly a day or so). As OP may have a life other than bioctol, dummy-tits and video games? Then, if you are still not satisfied with the outcome contact the moderator of the forum and ask for their advice.

The first PM I received from you requested the serial number of my new purchased watch (Alaska) without any given explanation or reason. To this I replied to of course with, Why? After you explained your situation in your second PM about your watch and giving your watches serial number I explained that I was sorry to hear about its theft and gave you my watches serial range (600's).

Secondly, respect and trust are values men require on a watch forums as our reputation means all on them. These values are developed with life experiences and will come, so don't worry this is part of growing up. I have been a member on this forum, for let's say a while, and have been mentioned many times on the Hero's and Villian's section of the forum, my word is gold.
    When I buy a watch on a forum (usually a Rolex) and I do not know the seller I usually ask for its serial number and then check with either Rolex or my authorised dealer about its history, as good practise. The Omega Alaska I recently bought on the Omega forum was from a well respected member. This is the first modern Omega I have ever bought and therefore made an inquiry on the forum if Omega has the same type of service as Rolex out of curiosity.

But before I go any further I will not be dealing with you any more as children can become very annoying and I will not be posting any pictures of my watche case back or giving th numbers information to you. Unless you do two things:

-make a public apology to me and the all other TZ-UK forum members on the forum, as anyone of them may also have been on the other end of your immature behaviour and slander.

- make all our PM discussions public of which the last two PM's I have not even bothered to open today, after fully reading the complete post and your ranting. (Thanks Tom).

After the above two requests have been fulfilled, to find out my case back serial number my only solution is that you contact Eddie (Moderator) and ask him if he will receive a picture from me of case back and it's number, and TRUST his word that it is not yours.

Finally, I'm am sorry you were robbed and I hope you get your possessions back and the scum that did it are caught. However, this does not give you the right to slander another TZ- UK members reputation!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Hi Tris,

Out by over seventy mate.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Last edited by milwatch126; 24th June 2016 at 13:46.

Master
    Tis a foine watch Michael, congrats on tracking it down. Look forward to seeing it in person. Always liked the Alaska just for the look of it, nevermind all the extra stuff that comes with it.

I know Michael personally and he is above reproach. Now lets move on.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Here's mine :-)

That is so white it has bleached the background!! Love the white dial. Maybe, just maybe the white strap is just that little too much...of a good thing.

Somehow just deleted my first reply when trying to edit a word.

Listen I'm sorry I pissed you off. Maybe I was a bit hasty when typing here, but the last thing you PM'd me was that it was in the 600's and mine was in the 600's, so when I told you mine was 610 my arse was twitching waiting for a reply ;-)

I certainly haven't slandered (or libelled) you at any point, so let's just move on.

Enjoy the watch, it's a beauty.

Apologies,
    Tris

Saw this on e-bay, a 600 serial number Alaska - do hope it is not the one, but thought I should link it just in case.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Spee...p2047675.l2557
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 25th June 2016 at 00:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Saw this on e-bay, a 600 serial number Alaska - do hope it is not the one, but thought I should link it just in case.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Spee...p2047675.l2557
    The listing was ended by the seller.(didn't realize it still showed item description) Surely thieves wouldnt sell it on ebay?

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by antojohno; 25th June 2016 at 00:24.

Quote Originally Posted by antojohno View Post
    The listing was ended by the seller.(didn't realize it still showed item description) Surely thieves wouldnt sell it on ebay?

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, only trying to be helpful - if i see any more i will keep it to myself. Forum spirit ?

Sorry, only trying to be helpful - if i see any more i will keep it to myself. Forum spirit ?
    My comment wasn't meant as a dig at you, im sorry it seems to have came across that way.
    Im sure the OP appreciates the information, i would had i been the victim of a theft like this.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by antojohno View Post
    My comment wasn't meant as a dig at you, im sorry it seems to have came across that way.
    Im sure the OP appreciates the information, i would had i been the victim of a theft like this.

That's fine. It was just after seeing the spat on here I saw the one on e-bay with a photo of the serial number, which happened to be in the 600s. Regardless of the state of the sale, I thought the OP might have been interested if it turned out to be his.

That's fine. It was just after seeing the spat on here I saw the one on e-bay with a photo of the serial number, which happened to be in the 600s. Regardless of the state of the sale, I thought the OP might have been interested if it turned out to be his.
    That spat was almost worthy of a sticky thread.
    Id expect the watch is probably on some drug dealers wrist by now, maybe the thief overdosed on all the drugs he was given for the watch.