closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New to me Omega

Craftsman

New to me Omega

Hi all,

Parcel arrived today. My 1st Omega, its not new, but I hope I have chosen wisely...

Tried a new SMPc and a 2500 PO before deciding on this. Neither the blue or black SMPc did it for me and the PO was just that little bit too top heavy, so having searched for a few weeks for a decent condition full set, here it is :)

I guess there have been many, many previous threads for this watch, but I have a compulsion to share!

Last edited by andyd30; 9th June 2016 at 22:15. Reason: bad speelink :)

Looks super

Congratulations

A very good choice.I like that a lot.

Journeyman
    Looks lovely, congratulations

Journeyman
    Congratulations a lovely watch, looks in good nick too.

Lucky it fitted you straight out of the box as sizing Omega bracelets is a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Good choice, that's a cracking looking watch.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    Lucky it fitted you straight out of the box as sizing Omega bracelets is a nightmare.

Thanks all, it was my 1st time importing from the US, which went rather smoothly and unfortunately I do need to adjust the bracelet, not looking forward to that one :(

My favourite sea master design, just treated my one to one of eddies new bond natos. Excellent choice and thanks Eddie the new deluxe strap is far more comfortable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still the best looking Seamaster (imho of course).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hark1812 View Post
    My favourite sea master design, just treated my one to one of eddies new bond natos. Excellent choice and thanks Eddie the new deluxe strap is far more comfortable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I might try a nato, but really I should just get on and adjust the bracelet...

Would be interested to see pics of yours.

Journeyman
    Congrats looks great. Personally i way prefer it on bracelet than nato

Master
    I have had one if these from almost new, in 2004 or 2005. It was sold, unworn, by a forum member who got it as a replacement for his stolen 'Bond' Seamaster. Since then I have had loads of watches come and go, including two 'Bonds' and two PO 2500, but I won't ever sell the 2254.50. IMO it's the best Seamaster of all time.

I had one a few years ago. I bought it on the basis that they look great on every wrist picture I have seen.

Unfortunately it had the opposite effect on my wrist and didn't last long at all. I'm still baffled as to why I couldn't gel with it?

Yours looks a very nice example; congrats.

Here she is on the bus to work sporting her new dress

Master
    my favourite modern seamaster a real beauty

Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    I might try a nato, but really I should just get on and adjust the bracelet...

Would be interested to see pics of yours.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hark1812 View Post

To the OP, arguably the best choice in SMP, 2254 seems to be the most collectable.

Hark - what are the Nike's please ?

Craftsman
    Congrats to OP; I have exactly the same watch already for 13 years and never considered selling it. IMO, besides the overall design of the watch, especially the clasp design and lume is outstanding.

Very nice, congrats on the new addition! I do like the black variation, looks a little smarter than the blue on the other SMP.

Craftsman

New to me Omega

My son recently bought a pre-owned SMP from his birth year (1999), and needed the bracelet adjusted and turned around. As we have no AD local to us, he took it to a high street jewellers (EJ). To say they faffed around is an understatement, and also didn't get round to swapping the bracelet round because their tool broke and they didn't have another. He was told, bring it back next week when we get a new tool and we can swap it round for £20. Did it myself when we got home, only charged him £15

ETA; apologies to the OP, I meant to say congratulations on the new watch. Looks lovely.

Last edited by ghu1967; 10th June 2016 at 09:00.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    How true: this is the one fault with the Seamaster, IMHO. As a result, I now wear mine mostly on the Bond NATO. If only Omega would do a micro-adjust bracelet!

Master
    Blog Entries
    OP, enjoy your watch, a classic

I get my Omega bracelets sized at Omega ADs as a free service, would not expect them to charge - done it 3 times now in different shops. If you really don't want to faff with pins then get the latest Bond style bracelet - the 20mm fits this case and has screws (using it now in my equivalent GMT model)

Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    To the OP, arguably the best choice in SMP, 2254 seems to be the most collectable.

Hark - what are the Nike's please ?
    Nike MD runners, same design as the Nike Air Pegasus 83 that are now discontinued in that colour/style. My favourite nikes.

Sports direct are selling them for £45, bargain. If you can face giving Mike Ashley your cash

Grand Master
    An extra half link would help with the adjustment, it's possible to fine tune the adjustment using two rather than one. Why Omega didn't include two is a mystery.

Paul

Master
    One of the nicest Seamasters.

Craftsman
    Very nice example of an absolute classic.Great choice .Enjoy.As several others have said ,altering the bracelets can be a nightmare(i have adjusted mine several times over the years and boy is it tricky)but there are lots of combinations you can try beyond nato straps. Here are mine on OEM rubber and Hirsch waterproof leather straps(Grand Duke and Sharkskin Ocean)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by silver centurian View Post
    Very nice example of an absolute classic.Great choice .Enjoy.As several others have said ,altering the bracelets can be a nightmare(i have adjusted mine several times over the years and boy is it tricky)but there are lots of combinations you can try beyond nato straps. Here are mine on OEM rubber and Hirsch waterproof leather straps(Grand Duke and Sharkskin Ocean)
    Is the middle one the non-ac 2230.50? It has the 18K bezel but I thought it had applied indices and that one doesn't look like it has, unless it is the pic.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Is the middle one the non-ac 2230.50? It has the 18K bezel but I thought it had applied indices and that one doesn't look like it has, unless it is the pic.
    It is a 2230.50. It does have 18k white gold bezel insert and it does have applied indicies;im just rubbish and taking pics.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Congrats to the OP on acquring a classic SM.
    What a cracking trio!

Looks an absolutely beautiful example OP, a classic and a great choice. Never owned one, a 2500 and a 8500 PO have been and gone but this looks a very clean, simple classic everyday wear. Enjoy and try a rubber strap too.

Craftsman
    Thanks to everyone who has posted!

The good news is I have resized the bracelet, only had to remove one link. The vice pin pusher started, but couldn't finish the job, so it was time to wheel out the big guns - pin punch and small hammer. Hit it - gulp! After just over a day, the watch has gained two seconds, which for a roughly 7 year old watch (still got the red dot on the case/caseback, so doesn't look like it has been serviced), I am very pleased with.