closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Page and Cooper – Damasko servicing – A warning

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    Yep that's about it really. There's only Panerai who seemingly cross the line by, according to numerous threads, providing 'complimentary' dents in cases. Everything else is fairly standard, fluff under dials, missing paperwork, high prices etc.

However, I can forgive a fledgling microbrand for having some issues.

My DA37 is over ten years old, I would say that Damasko is hardly a "fledgling" brand. Regarding customer service and communications, my DC56 had a slight problem a few years ago and was returned to Damasko via the AD, without quibble, under warranty for repair. Turnaround time was about two and a half weeks. The AD ? Eddie.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    My DA37 is over ten years old, I would say that Damasko is hardly a "fledgling" brand. Regarding customer service and communications, my DC56 had a slight problem a few years ago and was returned to Damasko via the AD, without quibble, under warranty for repair. Turnaround time was about two and a half weeks. The AD ? Eddie.
    I know Eddie just to retail them, I remember when he first got them in. The reason he stopped selling them - poor customer service and communication. That and an issue over them undercutting him on pricing. The forum embraced the brand, then turned against it.

Trending now over on the Damasko forum on Watchuseek, withn the top 5 most recently updated threads, we have:

Damasko Imperfections - Would You Return?

Another DA36 thread, including QC and AD experience

Damasko - horrible customer service

Of course they do get it right from time to time and do make some great watches. I'm not convinced that this thread should have been entirely directed at P&C as some of the issues over delays, parts, communication probably arose from the brand itself.

I have never communicated or dealt with this supplier. Their website leaves me cold. I won't challenge any of the comments made in this thread.
    Despite all this it seems unfair to resurrect this thread 4 weeks before Christmas, the busiest time of the year.
    Its not as if anyone has anything new to add. Lets trawl the past 12 months threads and reserve all the bile we can find on every supplier shall we.

Master
    I've had potential purchase dealings with P&C and they were fine. I have a DA47 which I wear loads and rate highly. I don't expect to send it back to Damasko for a service when needed, as I don't swim in it so the seals are not a major issue for me, however the previous owner sent it back to be regulated foc and the service was great (afaik).
    I think they're the best type of watch at their price point but any customer service shortfalls will stunt growth which would be a real shame.

Banned
    I believe that the topic of this thread is service provided by P&C. If any posters wish to discuss service provided by Damasko, then they would be well advised to start a new thread on the topic to avoid any confusion. P&C is as far as I know not responsible for what Damasko does when they service watches.

Just for the record, if I did have a Damasko watch needing a service I would rather take the risk and send it to Damasko than put it into the hands of P&C.
    Last edited by GrandS; 30th November 2016 at 19:04.

I've had one dealing with P&C regarding Damasko. Let's just say I'll never buy a watch from them.

I had a brief email exchange with Page & Cooper regarding a Sinn U1.
    Lots of huffing and puffing about why should they discount Sinn's when they can't get enough of them.

Ended up getting one from Chronomaster, and will buy from Neil again!

Craftsman
    I had minor timekeeping issue with my damasko whilst under warranty. I dealt directly with damasko based on this thread and they were generally good to deal with.
    Watch sent back to them and they fixed the issue within 6 weeks.
    I think with many "micro brands" the issue of communication is important as they don't have the same level of resource for customer service, however damasko were great with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Can't agree with you on that, as P & C concentrate and promote none mass market watches from micro suppliers, aimed at watch geeks like us.
    I think they aim more at ignorant dilettantes than "watch geeks".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    I had a brief email exchange with Page & Cooper regarding a Sinn U1.
    Lots of huffing and puffing about why should they discount Sinn's when they can't get enough of them.

Ended up getting one from Chronomaster, and will buy from Neil again!
    yeah every single watch they have is "sought after" and "reserved". Jokers.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    There is a German eBay seller that has the same cordovan straps for about £24 inc postage. Bit less than the £70 Nomos are charging.
    I would love to know who the seller is if you have the link?

I'd like a cordovan strap but I'm not willing to shell out for one at Nomos prices (if you'll pardon the pun)!
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 1st December 2016 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I would love to know who the seller is if you have the link?
    This is the guy, I think. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cordovan-S...lq8cGizvrzss0g

I've bought a couple from him in the past. He sells normal ones and 'seconds', the seconds being absolutely fine as they're the ones I had from him.

The ones I bought (some time ago now) were Nomos branded with the Nomos logo overprinted.

Page and Cooper are cowboys. Sorry to hear your experience but thank you telling us your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Page and Cooper are cowboys. Sorry to hear your experience but thank you telling us your experience.
    I have no vested interested in Page and Cooper. However I do think it is very unfair to a company to resurrect a thread on their customer service after 9 months with a throw away comment like "Page and Cooper are cowboys"....
    Do you have a specific experience to relate to the forum?
    If not, you are trolling IMHO

I've had to chase two (cheap) orders in the last week which isn't great.

The postage stamp on one suggested it wasn't posted when they said it was.

Turned up eventually though

So there was a delay in your order and they were not very proactive in keeping you informed! Is that about it?

If so I would hardly say that was cowboy behaviour, at worst it is slightly inconvenient customer service!

Never said it was cowboy behaviour.

Just sharing my experiences. Other suppliers do it much better imho

My mistake.

Still seems a very minor issue in the scheme of things to complain about IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by johnthemull View Post
    I have no vested interested in Page and Cooper. However I do think it is very unfair to a company to resurrect a thread on their customer service after 9 months with a throw away comment like "Page and Cooper are cowboys"....
    Do you have a specific experience to relate to the forum?
    If not, you are trolling IMHO
    Ah, my bad for not checking the date. It popped up on the home screen of Tapatalk and I thought it was current.

That being said I tried for weeks to buy a Sinn from them and had such a fantastic experience I didn't buy in the end and told myself I would never deal with them again no matter which watch they had.

I bought a different watch from someone here instead and I'm happy I did.

As for the trolling comment, your opinion doesn't project very humbly and maybe you could stop jumping to conclusions so quickly. It isn't very becoming

Experience when trying to buy from them was enough to put me off dealing with them.

I was the OP for this thread. Here's a little update on my watch and its Page and Cooper service.

The watch begun to run erratically and the reading on my timegrapher showed that the watch was in desperate need of attention.

There was absolutely no way I was sending it back to Page and Cooper after what happened when they serviced it, so I sent it to one of the forum's favourite watch repairers for investigation. (He wouldn't thank me for mentioning him so I won't.)

The report that came back was that there was no grease in the mainspring barrel and most of the screws were not tight enough. There was also dirty oil on one of the balance jewels.

This was around 18 months since its expensive eleven week service at Page and Cooper. The watch hadn't been tampered with in any way and has been an occasional wearer in that time.

Thanks to Page and Cooper, the watch has cost me so much in servicing that I could have bought a new one.

I emailed them recently to ask about a sevice for my DC56, and if this happened the possibility of a dial and hand change. No reply to my emails. I’d call them cowboys, but that wouldn’t be fair on the cast of Blazing Saddles, and the Rumpo Kid might sue
    F.T.F.A.

I'm considering getting my DC67si serviced, I won't be going with P&C though.

I bought a Damasko branded strap from them last year and paid extra for next day delivery, two days later there was no sign of it despite a confirmation email from them of my order. I contacted them and was told that the strap was out of stock when I ordered it, I countered that there was no information available to that effect when I ordered it and nothing mentioned in my order confirmation. They refunded the additional charge and apologised stating that they'd add availability information to their site. Just before Xmas I emailed them asking a technical question about the new Damasko diver, I emailed Damasko directly as well. I had a response from Damasko within 24h, P&C initially confirmed receipt of my email stating that they'd get back to me - I'm still waiting.

It's a shame that they're getting some simple things so wrong, if they can't get the above right I'm certainly not sending my watch to them.

Master
    It’s this sort of stuff that risks damaging the reputation of a brand. Shocking service both of the watch and their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I have been aware of Damasko almost as long as I have Sinn and there are a couple of models that I quite like..... BUT, I reckon I will stick with Sinn simply because there is a very good AD / Service centre in the next town from where my Sister lives in Germany and it is easy enough for her to courier back and forth.

I have recently been looking at Bremont and IWC watches as "something different" .... and for which, at least in the case of a Bremont, a brand that can be serviced in the UK.