closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow wow wow. I am a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post

Getting the call and making the trip for an awaited piece is something a real watch hobbyist appreciates.
    I am a real hobbyist and I am excited by incomings just like the rest of us, it was the taking the watch for a meal and being cause for a celebration that I found amusing and I admitted in my post that I was taking the rise, something you've done more than anyone else here over the years Steve.

And OP, I've seen your new watch now and it's absolutely stunning. I love the contrast of black against white.

Lovely - congratualtions!
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    Ta dah......

That IS nice. To put it mildly. Don't know if I will ever get one, but you are very lucky!!

Martyn

Congrats OP and enjoy it to the fullest.
    It sure is a lovely watch.
    Hope your celebratory dinner goes well.

Master
    Lovely looking watch. I have always fancied the white dialled Daytona and now even more so

Craftsman
    That looks lovely, I'll bet you're like a kid at Christmas

Spoke to the AD where I have my name down for one today and he informed me I'm next in line. Can honestly say I cannot wait

Master
    One has to really wonder why didn't they just make this a few years earlier!
    It is beautiful though!
    Congratulations on the new watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    Ta dah......

OP thanks for sharing the mandatory wrist shot... How did it turn out? Did it live up well with Your expectations? The way I look at it and Your Photo introduction shows that it is definitely amazing...

Again congrats and enjoy...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    I am surprised and impressed how soon these watches are appearing after Basel world. No need to wait for a year like some brands such as Omega.
    I don't really want to side with omega given the appalling snoopy debacle but surely it is much easier to manufacture a "new" watch when you are only changing a bezel...

It's lovely - both colours are, but I feel the white version should have had full black sub dials....

Wear in health, keep it and don't be tempted to sell out!

Congrats OP. I've bought a fair few rolexes over the years and would definitely be excited to buy a ceramic Daytona in steel. When I bought my first ever Rolex and second, as it happens, I got fully dressed up in Sunday best. It felt so exciting!

My humble advice would be to ignore anyone not sharing your enthusiasm. By ignore, I mean change your settings and put them on ignore. That way I didn't even see many of the messages posted on this thread.

Enjoy your new watch. The design has definitely grown on me.

Looks great; far more distinctive then the black-dialled model but that has a very different charm of its own.

How was dinner? :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wiithout a doubt the first Daytona in many years that I've thought "I'd like to own that". Congratulations. And dibs :)

Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    Not sufficient for you? Maybe I should also bitch and moan about someone else's excitement.. Would that satisfy you and be more fitting? Do tell and I'll happily oblige.
    Try posting something credible then if you'll 'happily oblige'. Tell us about when you picked up your Daytona or when you were excited (or not) about a watch. Otherwise, this, as with your remarks above is just worthless.

One-line whinges sure get your post count up though eh...

Wow wow wow. I am a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Try posting something credible then if you'll 'happily oblige'. Tell us about when you picked up your Daytona or when you were excited (or not) about a watch. Otherwise, this, as with your remarks above is just worthless.

One-line whinges sure get your post count up though eh...
    No interest in getting my post count up, I don't need 7,000 posts to feel credible.

Personally, I've not bought a Daytona - I guess that also reduces my credibility. I didn't see this thread as a need to disclose my excitement of prior purchases, it didn't appear to be the theme. The theme also wasn't, in my opinion, to p1ss all over somebody's fire.

Maybe that's just me. I'll run along now like a good little "newbie" and hope not to cross paths with you again in the future.

Updated to include my congratulations to the OP, it's a great watch in either dial variant. Enjoy the watch and I hope the purchase turned out to be the "event" you'd planned - I get that concept.
    Last edited by boris9; 25th May 2016 at 09:33.

Master
    Ah Boris, I see you have met one of our more 'passive aggressive' members!

He's a bit like a Jack Russell Terrier attacking the vicars leg, but a little shake usually sees him away....

Anyway, stepping over all that, congratulations OP on a great watch. I really would struggle to choose between the black or white Daytona if I were in the market (alas I'm not!), but I think the white might have the lead at the moment.

I've got no doubt the black dial is lovely however, like the Explorer II, the white is simply awesome.

Beautiful! Congratulations and can I be so bold as to say.....more pics please!

Craftsman
    Well I will pop some more pics on shortly but it's a lovely watch. More refined, lighter than my BNLR but looks stunning. The white face looks fab against the black Bezzel. Maybe I should start a new thread too

Master
    It really is a beautiful thing. No offence intended to any (prospective) owners of the black dial, but IMO the white dial is leagues ahead aesthetically.

I believe I'm about 100th on my AD's list, so I look forward to posting my own incoming thread in about 2020...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Are we really debating whether the OP is "lucky" or not?

Excellent choice OP. Have a great day and get those pics up ASAP!
    +1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Ah Boris, I see you have met one of our more 'passive aggressive' members!

He's a bit like a Jack Russell Terrier attacking the vicars leg, but a little shake usually sees him away....
    I don't have any issues with the recipient as I enjoy his threads but got to say a classic TZ "moment".