closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rugby Play Off Final

Rugby Play Off Final

Anyone else going next week? Will be travelling from SW to support the Chiefs and managed to get parking in Cardinal Vaughan school. Any advice on how long it takes to get in/out of there on match days?

I can't help with local traffic advice, but I'm going, with my son, sister and brother-in-law. Exeter have had a fantastic season, but I fear that Saracens will be too much for them, even if Farrell doesn't recover in time to play.

Master
    I'm going to the Guinness Pro-12 final next week if that counts?

Sadly the Glasgow Warriors won't be there but it'll be a great match.

Master
    Watched them training earlier this week (often have meetings there), the Chiefs have been brilliant this season. Odds will certainly be against them but hey who knows :-)

Craftsman
    I'll be there for sure, coach for me so no idea of traffic.
    Was at Sandy Park yesterday for the semi against Wasps, The place was rocking'.
    Don't be too quick to write us off against Sarries......... it is a 'cup final' after all.

C'MON EXE

Journeyman
    I'll be there with my daughter, travelling by train. We're both Bath supporters, still recovering from our poor season and the aftermath. We'll be supporting Exeter as we prefer their playing style to Saracens, but more than anything hoping for a competitive free-flowing game, and good weather.

Disappointed to see Waldrom is out injured.

OP - They usually shut Rugby Road after matches to allow the public on foot to dissipate, usually for around 45m to an hour - I always used to park in the industrial estate on Rugby Road. If you go away from Rugby road and stay off the A316 you should be okay traffic wise as that's where the majority or traffic will head.

As for the match - Exeter will have to play better than they have ever played before and hope Sarries have an off day!

I go every year (regardless of who's playing) as it's a great day out to meet up with old friends. I've lived in and around Twickenham all of my life and
    in my experience, the earlier that you can get there, the better.

Saracens have been awesome all season. They have won the league by 6 points. Only lost 4 games (compared to Exeter's 7) and are on to win the double. They deserve to win it.

Mickey Mouse money spinning game anyway (IMHO).

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

The Chiefs have got nothing to lose and I get to see a relative playing at Twickenham, so I'm really looking forward to it.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 27th May 2016 at 17:37.

Master
    Managed to get my lad a ticket last minute. He can't wait.

Exeter may well be the underdogs but down in this neck of the woods there isn't much in the way of sports success, so to see the Chiefs do so well over the last few seasons is great. Plus Plymouth have the play offs so touch wood we'll have something to celebrate :-)

Had a great day out yesterday, just a shame about the result. Chiefs were poor in the first half and Slade and Chudley had bad games.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    Had a great day out yesterday, just a shame about the result. Chiefs were poor in the first half and Slade and Chudley had bad games.
    What he said^........ plus my man of the match would have been Jack Nowell, he was everywhere yesterday.

Chiefs V Wasps

Thought I'd bump this as it's final time again. I'm going on the train this year and really looking forward to an open, attacking game. Anyone other Chiefs fans (or Wasps) going?
    Last edited by bonzo697; 26th May 2017 at 07:55.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    Thought I'd bump this as it's final time again. I'm going on the train this year and really looking forward to an open, attacking game. Anyone other Chiefs fans (or Wasps) going?
    I will be there with a couple of friends - and supporting Wasps. Interesting that Austin Healey in the Telegraph today goes strongly for Exeter.

Craftsman
    Ill be there again........ hoping for a better performance from Chiefs than last year when it took us 40 minutes to get going.
    Would be a great swan song for Geoff Parling in this, his final game in a Exeter shirt.

Wasps are definitely no walkover, but its our time....... C'mon you CHIEFS.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesam View Post
    Ill be there again........ hoping for a better performance from Chiefs than last year when it took us 40 minutes to get going.
    Would be a great swan song for Geoff Parling in this, his final game in a Exeter shirt.

Wasps are definitely no walkover, but its our time....... C'mon you CHIEFS.
    Going with my daughter on the train. We're neutrals (Bath season ticket holders) so looking forward to an open attacking game.

We will be leaving Salisbury around 10.00 - and hour to the M25, then about 1.00 to get to the parking. Should get to ground about 12.30 and go the Bolly Tent for drinkies followed by a burger and in the ground around 13.45 for PMT.

very exciting. Still neutral - just hope its a good game.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Well done Exeter Chiefs 😎

Not very often the Westcountry wins something in a big sport.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Well done Exeter Chiefs 

Not very often the Westcountry wins something in a big sport.
    Great day out at Twickenham, wonderful weather and atmosphere, and all very enjoyable (even if the wrong team won).

Exeter deserved the win

Wonderful day out, although I am a bit sunburnt.

My congratulation to the Chiefs, a very vocal support, and Big Chief (Mascot).

I thought they deserved it. Wasps just not seem to have the intensity they had previously shown.

Great day

Friedrich Nietzsche

What a day! My face is burnt, I've lost voice and my cousin scored a try. Exeter may not have the best players but they've definitely got the best team.

Craftsman
    A fantastic day at Twickenham

The journey back along the A303 had quite a few pub stops

Well done Chiefs, no prima Donna's, very well coached with a huge team ethic

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I'm going to the Guinness Pro-12 final next week if that counts?

Sadly the Glasgow Warriors won't be there but it'll be a great match.

It certainly was a great match, well done to the Scarlets.

Master
    Total surprise how Scarlets took the game to Munster. Great game for us "neutrals" at the match.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Watched the match on the TV. I'm not a neutral as such.

To all those at Twickers yesterday, can you heard the Tomahawk Chop still ringing in their ears

Friedrich Nietzsche

^I'm still singing it!