timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Patek have called - should I?

Craftsman
    Lovely asymmetric dial. Just works. congratulations 🎊

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Was it Andy? Oldish chap, bit of a Scouse accent?
    It was Andy Dallison. His wife used to work for me at Clerical Medical many many years ago.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Very interesting thread and a great outcome. If there was one watch that I would consider a consolidation for (sell 3 or 4 and buy one), I think this would be the one. However, I doubt I have the patience for the waiting list process.

Quote Originally Posted by legin View Post
    Patek also rang me yesterday to say this was arriving today, I thought it rude not to go and collect it this morning

⛵️
    Lovely :) - how long was the wait? There is some appeal, but I do prefer the plain 3 hander personally. I think I'm more into symmetrical dials, but that is still a bit special - and probably a little too expensive for me too :)

Craftsman
    Did you check out many of the Nautilus variants, Scott e.g white one, gold one, six o'clock date version etc? or just went right to the classic?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I checked them all out. I'd actually ordered the white dial, but then changed my mind. I like the look of the 5980, but it's too thick for what I wanted, and I wanted a three hander - I only have one (auto) Chronograph - nearly all my other watches are mainly plain divers.

Im glad I got the blue dial 5711. In the end, it was the only choice for me - it's perfect for what I want it for.

Great choice Scott :) suits you mate.

My next watch will be a Patek!

Patek also rang me yesterday to say this was arriving today, I thought it rude not to go and collect it this morning

⛵️
    Beautifully unbalanced dial. I simply couldn't decide which one I liked the most, 5711 or 5712.

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Beautifully unbalanced dial. I simply couldn't decide which one I liked the most, 5711 or 5712.
    I love the 5711 but I brought the 5712 ( lucky enough to get one)
    Problem is I still want the 5711.

⛵️

I love the 5711 but I brought the 5712 ( lucky enough to get one)
    Problem is I still want the 5711.
    That was my problem...I bought the 5711 (what a watch!) and still wanted the 5712. Simply, wonderful watches.
    Last edited by 11erv; 4th June 2016 at 23:15. Reason: Added an exclamation mark

Journeyman
    Having been through the year I have last / this year, I have worked a few things out about life, do it if you can afford it, live for today as you never know what's round the corner.

That was often advice I was given and I used to say easier said than done it's not your money I'm spending, however after seeing my father in law who scrimped and saved every penny working offshore earning mega money fall victim to dementia at 57 I think we are all here for a good time not s long time so make the most and have fun while you do it

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Great choice Scott :) suits you mate.

My next watch will be a Patek!
    Cheers Alex - any particular models you are looking at?

I used to find the dial on the 5712 to be so unsynchronised, but over time that opinion has changed.

I say congratulations to legin :)))

So roughly how long is the waiting list for 5711s and 12s pls?

I am aiming for a 5712 in the next few months hopefully but can't even find one to try on at the moment.

Tried on the 3711 which felt great but not sure I can stomach the premium.

Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    So roughly how long is the waiting list for 5711s and 12s pls?

I am aiming for a 5712 in the next few months hopefully but can't even find one to try on at the moment.

Tried on the 3711 which felt great but not sure I can stomach the premium.
    I had been on the list for a few months (you will be lucky to get one within a year from an AD). I had an issue with a 5524G I brought I had to return ( long ish story that I will tell the forum about when the dust has settled)
    I then got a call saying I will get my 5712 within a week, two days later it was on my wrist.
    This was true old fashioned service that you don't get any more, l really miss my 5524G and it was the best watch I have ever owned and the most expensive, I think it is very underestimated, the quality is superior to the the 5712 which is saying something.

I intend to use my 5712 as a daily wear and will be interested to see how it dose, it feels a lot smaller than a lot of my watches but feels wonderful on the wrist.

⛵️

I had been on the list for a few months (you will be lucky to get one within a year from an AD). I had an issue with a 5524G I brought I had to return ( long ish story that I will tell the forum about when the dust has settled)
    I then got a call saying I will get my 5712 within a week, two days later it was on my wrist.
    This was true old fashioned service that you don't get any more, l really miss my 5524G and it was the best watch I have ever owned and the most expensive, I think it is very underestimated, the quality is superior to the the 5712 which is saying something.

I intend to use my 5712 as a daily wear and will be interested to see how it dose, it feels a lot smaller than a lot of my watches but feels wonderful on the wrist.

⛵️
    Thanks Legin I will pop into the Patek store on Bond Street to have a chat with them.

The appeal with the 5711&12 for me is mainly the design I much prefer the profile to the 5980s and have fallen for the blue dial I also do t have a watch with a display case /back and have always wanted one.

Everyone mentions the comfort, I have only tried on a 5711 that Dom H had and I should have bought....felt fantastic and very understated which adds to the appeal. I have thought about selling one to fund it but I just can't part with either of my other two (I don't think) so am going to wait and then have my perfect 3some and call it a day
    (Roc/VC overseas/nautilus)

Although that said I do have a hankering for another Rolex so perhaps 3 may turn into 4......

Great thread this OP - congrats

Cheers all

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Cheers Alex - any particular models you are looking at?
    Any nautilus in steel and I'd be a happy bunny mate ;)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    I used to find the dial on the 5712 to be so unsynchronised, but over time that opinion has changed.

I say congratulations to legin :)))
    The dial never made sense to me, it looked all over the place, to be honest bit of a mess. Then suddenly it clicked, it did help looking at it from 7.05 position. I love it now and despite having the 5711 and 5167 I'm hankering after the 5712 too, never satisfied!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just to resurrect this thread - if any one can sell a 5711 blue dial - my cousin will be happy to pay a good deal overs for it.

Apprentice
    Definitely should jump at the chance, which going off your last post, sounds like you are. Can't offer guidance in terms per your request on the community unfortunately.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ggill View Post
    Just to resurrect this thread - if any one can sell a 5711 blue dial - my cousin will be happy to pay a good deal overs for it.
    There is an unworn one on Watchclub for, wait for it- £23950!!!

http://www.watchclub.com/w9384/patek...umbo-brand-new

Coming up to almost a year in, and after my initial wobble on committing to Patek ownership, I'm delighted I did.

I have just adjusted the bracelet back to the full size, as my wrists have grown again after some consistent gym attendance - it makes a fair difference for me. I'm glad the years of adjusting Omega pin and collar bracelets put me in good stead to attempt this one - all quite pain free and I'm back to a great fit!

Im already looking forward to my next Patek, a 5167 - but who knows when my name will come in, but I'm in no rush for now.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Coming up to almost a year in, and after my initial wobble on committing to Patek ownership, I'm delighted I did.

I have just adjusted the bracelet back to the full size, as my wrists have grown again after some consistent gym attendance - it makes a fair difference for me. I'm glad the years of adjusting Omega pin and collar bracelets put me in good stead to attempt this one - all quite pain free and I'm back to a great fit!

Im already looking forward to my next Patek, a 5167 - but who knows when my name will come in, but I'm in no rush for now.
    Great to hear that you are still enjoying the beauty, Scott.👍

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Would be great to hear your comparison when the 5167 comes in. Great pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Great to hear that you are still enjoying the beauty, Scott.
    Cheers Simon

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Would be great to hear your comparison when the 5167 comes in. Great pairing.

I will do, but I think there are already a fair few on here with both.

It's Paddy's, I'm Irish, so I'll be wearing it tonight whilst drinking far too much and hopefully we will both make it home in one piece.

It's Paddy's, I'm Irish, so I'll be wearing it tonight whilst drinking far too much and hopefully we will both make it home in one piece.
    Ha, I'm Irish too but in for the night. Wife has people over for dinner. The one day of the year I wish I had a Hulk and not a BLNR!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow that year has flown!!

Lets see some pics if your bored later :)

AD has confirmed I'm still on schedule for this year but cant tell me precisely when!

Im also eyeing up the 5167 again lately so think I will jump on a list and offload one of my divers to part fund!!

Master
    Blog Entries

Nope get a Royal Oak

Royal would be my choice!
    M

Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Royal would be my choice!
    M
    ;)

Not for me, don't like them so much - the AP diver is nice though - but I'm still going for the smaller, thinner, lighter, and probably more expensive 5167 instead though.

Craftsman
    What an interesting read this thread was! Congrats to the OP 1 year on!

Yea this was one of last year's most enjoyable threads with all the twists and turns too! Fantastic it's still working out!