closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lemania two pusher

Lemania two pusher

Just got this one today, a Lemania two pusher, getting very rare lately, all seem to be in collectors hands.
    Referred to by collectors as the mark III. It is rather a rare model in this configuration with two chronograph pushers, as most Lemania military chronographs have a single pusher!
    Lemania made these Chronographs from Ca. 1945 untill 1976 as one pusher and later as two pusher, mine was one of the last built.
    They supplied chronograph wristwatches to both the Royal Navy as well as the RAF...Royal Navy?... I hear you say, yes the Fleet Air Arm ;-)

The caseback has the original military markings, which tell us some of the watch’s history: 0552 denotes Royal Navy property; 924-3306 denotes a chronograph wrist watch for aircrew in an asymmetric case with twin pushers. 5259 is the issue number and /76 is the year of issue, 1976.
    Movement is a cal 1872.

Specs as laid down by the MoD:

Hope you enjoyed seeing this rare bird!

Jimmy
    Last edited by Geronimo; 19th May 2016 at 00:26.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice Jimmy, that looks pristine!!.

mike

Master
    That does look in beautiful shape as do your two one-pushers. I'm still always a little shocked to see examples of the incredible watches the British MOD issued during the Cold War and I think of Lemania's asymmetrical chronographs as among the highest on the list

Especially neat to me about your movement shot is the unusually brilliant contrasting colour of it's balance wheel and this made me wonder if it was made of something like a beryllium copper alloy until I found out that the element beryllium was formerly called "glucinum" (in other words, I just learned exactly what the famous "Glucydur" balance is actually made of --- thanks)

I also think it looks great on the black w/thin double tan stripes NATO you show it on. That colour NATO happens to be a favourite of mine but I don't think I've ever seen it to as good effect as with your Lemania (it doesn't look as good as that on my Citizen diver for some reason!)

Thank you for showing this one and telling about it --- I love seeing these here
    Last edited by Rollon; 19th May 2016 at 06:55.

Lovely
    Hard to argue with any of the Lemania mil chronos.
    But the 1872 is very nice indeed, I think the 2-pushers format seems to make so much more balance of the asymmetric case.
    But if I am honest, I love the HS9s more.....
    Dave

Nice catch!

Very rare, and hard to find one for sale. Congratulations.

mine says hi!

Very cool, is yours from '75 or '76?

Apprentice
    these are really lovely.. i know its rude to ask and you may not want to divulge the exact prices paid... but if i wanted one of these how much would i have to budget ?

Congratulations for this rare bird! The condition looks pristine!

Lemania Two pusher

WOW looks lovely!! My grail watch!

Apprentice

Fantastic Lemania

Hey Guys

I am new collector looking to start a new leg into my collection.
    However, I would be more than happy to start with any double pusher Military.
    Can anyone advise me on where to start and the couple mistake to avoid?
    I can be reached on WhatsApp 1 757 652 7892 USA

My aim is to find a Lemania 5012 SAAF and a 5012 GMT, the " grail

Thanks
    Olivier

Can I suggest that your not-so-stealthy WTBs are probably the quickest route to getting banned.

Master
    These Lemanias are a great bit of history. You kind of wonder who owned them and where they've travelled.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Series 3 monopusher from 1963

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Series 3 monopusher from 1963

Have just acquired the series 1 and 2 monopushers, absolutely fantastic. Love the series 3 as well but no is not a request to buy - the first 2 cost enough. Maybe when the bank balance allows I will go into stealth mode!! Watch this space

Master
    Not just issued to aircrew, these - I remember quite a few warfare officers wearing them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Klarhmt View Post
    Have just acquired the series 1 and 2 monopushers, absolutely fantastic. Love the series 3 as well but no is not a request to buy - the first 2 cost enough. Maybe when the bank balance allows I will go into stealth mode!! Watch this space
    You must be developing quite a collection of British Military Watches. I've got a Series 1 but not a series 2. The series 3 is here to stay as it's my birth year watch.