closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New VC Overseas Worldtimer

Craftsman

New VC Overseas Worldtimer

Love this, especially in blue! Easily interchangeable straps/bracelet and clever world time module too. Sadly a tad over budget for me

http://www.salonqp.com/updates/new_w...paign=DM118044

Craftsman
    seems to be generating a lot of interest on the web (based on the no. of articles my watchville app throws up).
    I particularly like the idea of the snap-changing system & the supplied straps + bracelet.
    Alas, also out of budget for me.

Blog Entries
    I like that. A lot. Time to raid the pension pot.

Master
    that is lovely

There really is a glut of world timers at the moment all riding on the success of the Patek 5131 it seems. Good times, they're all stunning!

The Montblanc Orbis Terrarum seems the best priced for what you get perhaps...

Master
    Nice but the price is ridiculous.

Although getting quarter timezones right mechanically must take some doing...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    The Montblanc Orbis Terrarum seems the best priced for what you get perhaps...
    Tried it on earlier this year. Definitely on my wanted list and within budget. I think I prefer this 41mm one to the latest 43mm one with added colours, but it's a close call.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by groyn View Post
    Tried it on earlier this year. Definitely on my wanted list and within budget. I think I prefer this 41mm one to the latest 43mm one with added colours, but it's a close call.

Yes, it is an attractive watch but it is a blatant copy of the original VC World Time. The only reason that Mont Blanc can get away with producing a 'knock-off' is that it is also owned by Richemont.

http://www.vacheron-constantin.com/e...000R-9640.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Yes, it is an attractive watch but it is a blatant copy of the original VC World Time. The only reason that Mont Blanc can get away with producing a 'knock-off' is that it is also owned by Richemont.

Oh well, I can live with that.

I really like the MB - I've looked at it a number of times in airports.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Nice but the price is ridiculous.

Although getting quarter timezones right mechanically must take some doing...
    Just be patient: like every Overseas before, nobody will care about it in ten years, and you'll be able to snag one for a realistic sum.

(Though just on principle, I wouldn't buy something with a dial that's so obviously a hack job, right down to the default Windows settings.)

Master
    I might be an idiot - it's entirely possible - but I'm looking at the dial on the VC and not really understanding the orientation of the map. Just me...?

SGR

Grand Master
    Nice, thirty grand steel watch. What was it about the Swiss watch industry disappearing up its own fundament...?
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    Given that there's already quite a lot going on with the bracelet and the bezel, that's all a bit much for me. The calm look of the ultra thin version appeals much more and seems to complement the bracelet and bezel better - but then I tend to prefer minimal uncomplicated watches, I guess others don't. The silver / grey version with the red text works best to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post

More Richemont...

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/jaeger-l...al-time-watch/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Wonder how those in Central/South Africa and our Antipodean brethren feel about that dial?

SGR

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartGR View Post
    Wonder how those in Central/South Africa and our Antipodean brethren feel about that dial?

SGR
    The dial is based on an overhead view of the globe as seen from the great circle golden section. It was not specifically designed by JLC to make them feel unloved and unwanted!