closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predict Leicester's position at the end of 2016/2017

I have backed them to relegated did it the week after they won the league, thought it worth a punt

Master
    Top 6 I would go for though European games may take their toll on them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Chelsea 2015, P5 1-1-3 4pts
    Leicester 2016, P5 2-1-2 7pts

Back in the right half of the table!
    Yeah.l.

I'm at Old Trafford next week... Seems like quite a nice moment to be taking on Yernited...!

We've found a brand new hero in Slimani, he was described as playing in 'full in beast mode' for 90 mins... This made description seemed to make the most sense to me!

We seem to have found our stride again!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    I have backed them to relegated did it the week after they won the league, thought it worth a punt
    Pah... Imagine putting a ridiculous bet on Leicester City...

Oh hang on

Quote Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
    Thank goodness !! Gündoğan and De Bruyne are looking good. I'm gonna go 8th for your lot.
    City look amazing, but it's early days. I sat and watched that display on Saturday and never in many years watching City have I seen such stuff.

I was at St Mary's yesterday. Solely from the perspective of that match.....

For the whole of the first half hour or so it felt like Soton goals were only a matter of when. In the second half, Leicester's attacks seemed too reliant on getting exactly the right ball of Vardy, in the hope that when the ideal attack finally happened he would convert it immaculately. Southampton seemed a little threatened for a short while early in that half, but overall it seemed a very straightforward win. Being easily beaten by a mid table team makes 15th or 16th a very natural home.

Blog Entries
    I was at St Mary's yesterday. Solely from the perspective of that match.....

For the whole of the first half hour or so it felt like Soton goals were only a matter of when. In the second half, Leicester's attacks seemed too reliant on getting exactly the right ball of Vardy, in the hope that when the ideal attack finally happened he would convert it immaculately. Southampton seemed a little threatened for a short while early in that half, but overall it seemed a very straightforward win. Being easily beaten by a mid table team makes 15th or 16th a very natural home.
    Can't disagree on that performance we were truly woeful... I've seen glimmers of the real Leicester only occasionally this season

Someone on City fans forum came out with the insightful comment "why would you want to try and climb Everest twice?"

Preferred last season!

Journeyman
    Awful yesterday hoping we play a lot better at derby on Fri as I can't be doing with them getting one over us, need to find some passion and desire from somewhere

As a top 10 predictor initially, can I have another go?

between 10 and 20 please. (Closer to 20 than 10)

As an aside, what is surprising me this year is the number of teams scoring 3+ goals in a game. Defences were a lot tighter than this previously....?

I'm a Hammers supporter so I appreciate that we've let in most of them... Lol.

Craftsman
    When Leeds last won the title in 92, the season after we didn't win a single away game.
    The same could happen to Leicester so they want to hope their home form can save them.

Last year England, this year Europe, next year The Championship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Last year England, this year Europe, next year The Championship?

Pfft
    There's only one football team that can win the top division and get relegated the season after.
    No prizes for guessing .

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    When Leeds last won the title in 92, the season after we didn't win a single away game.
    The same could happen to Leicester so they want to hope their home form can save them.
    Yeah, but you drew a lot, at least your defence still "turned up". Leicester's problem seems to be much deeper, i suspect some sort of dressing room problem. Sunday's game for example, Demarai Grey, does he ever pass? Has he ever held is hand up for not seeing players busting a gut to get into the box?
    Leicester's problem is at both ends, no leaders, both Huth & Morgan have become "plodders", every opposition attack seems to end with a shot on goal, Schlupp has been sold/loaned, Simpson has lost the abilty to tackle, etc etc. African Cup of Nations has not helped either. It looks like too much big money too soon & some players stopped working & that caused a rift/bust up.. well that's my opinion.

They won't go down though, not because they will up their game much, it's because the teams below are also terrible. If Plymouth Argyle can defend why cant Sunderland, C Palace, Swansea, Hull etc ? Smh, i really don't get it, just copy Tony Pulis, go watch replays of Jack Charltons Rep of Ireland team & bore the pants of the opposition, it's not hard, actually it's the easiest form of football there is!

Predict Leicester's position at the end of 2016/2017

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Pfft
    There's only one football team that can win the top division and get relegated the season after.
    No prizes for guessing .
    And who passed them going in the opposite, upwards direction?

Genuinely feel Leicester will go down this year. Looks like they have division in the camp for whatever reason and if Mahrez and Vardy continue to not show up, they will be in massive trouble.

I will even go as far to say that I would not be surprised if Ranieri got sacked if he fails to win either of his next two league matches as that would put them in spitting distance of the relegation battle.

I think they will stay up comfortably in the end. It would be a real shame if they sacked the boss.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kas9t82 View Post
    Yeah, but you drew a lot, at least your defence still "turned up". Leicester's problem seems to be much deeper, i suspect some sort of dressing room problem. Sunday's game for example, Demarai Grey, does he ever pass? Has he ever held is hand up for not seeing players busting a gut to get into the box?
    Leicester's problem is at both ends, no leaders, both Huth & Morgan have become "plodders", every opposition attack seems to end with a shot on goal, Schlupp has been sold/loaned, Simpson has lost the abilty to tackle, etc etc. African Cup of Nations has not helped either. It looks like too much big money too soon & some players stopped working & that caused a rift/bust up.. well that's my opinion.

They won't go down though, not because they will up their game much, it's because the teams below are also terrible. If Plymouth Argyle can defend why cant Sunderland, C Palace, Swansea, Hull etc ? Smh, i really don't get it, just copy Tony Pulis, go watch replays of Jack Charltons Rep of Ireland team & bore the pants of the opposition, it's not hard, actually it's the easiest form of football there is!
    Nice summary and can't disagree with what you've put... not sure about dressing room... I can't point to any obvious rows, but, the feelgood factor of last year has most certainly evaded them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Genuinely feel Leicester will go down this year. Looks like they have division in the camp for whatever reason and if Mahrez and Vardy continue to not show up, they will be in massive trouble.

I will even go as far to say that I would not be surprised if Ranieri got sacked if he fails to win either of his next two league matches as that would put them in spitting distance of the relegation battle.
    He won't be sacked... if you ever went on foxestalk (fams forum) there are a daft amount of people calling for his head

We'd be the biggest pariahs in footballing history if we sacked him and rightly so...

If anyone deserves another go after a bit of cruddy campaign then it's Ranieri

I think they are too good to go down and there are a few strugglers at the bottom like Sunderland, Palace and Swansea who are more likely to go down. I think they will finish 3 or 4 places above the drop zone being about 4 or 5 points clear.

They have been really good in the CL and knocked us out of the FA Cup, so a good cup side this season.

Teams like Leicester have to prioritise, look at Bournemouth, Eddie Howe put a load of reserves out in the cup and they went straight out, but they look as safe as houses in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    He won't be sacked... if you ever went on foxestalk (fams forum) there are a daft amount of people calling for his head

We'd be the biggest pariahs in footballing history if we sacked him and rightly so...

I remember saying the sign just before Mancini was sacked, after not being backed to bring in de Rossi and van Persie.
    It's a fickle world at a football club.
    Like you, I think Ranieri has earned his stripes there but let's not forget he was expected to fail on his appointment. All the so call experts had Leicester relegated by Christmas.
    If they do sack him, it's a slippery slope that will only end up near the bottom.
    On a different note, I watched the game v Saints on Sunday and could not believe how porous you looked. What's happened to Kasper? I thought last season he was only second to the doughnut thief as the best keeper. Now he looks like he'd give Bravo a run for his money. I was licking my lips thinking I can't wait for City to go to the KP and pick up an easy three poi................oh , hang on ;)

Blog Entries
    I remember saying the sign just before Mancini was sacked, after not being backed to bring in de Rossi and van Persie.
    It's a fickle world at a football club.
    Like you, I think Ranieri has earned his stripes there but let's not forget he was expected to fail on his appointment. All the so call experts had Leicester relegated by Christmas.
    If they do sack him, it's a slippery slope that will only end up near the bottom.
    On a different note, I watched the game v Saints on Sunday and could not believe how porous you looked. What's happened to Kasper? I thought last season he was only second to the doughnut thief as the best keeper. Now he looks like he'd give Bravo a run for his money. I was licking my lips thinking I can't wait for City to go to the KP and pick up an easy three poi................oh , hang on ;)
    I'd be so ashamed of our owners (who the fans love BTW) if they did sack him and they aren't in the habit of chopping and changing too often...

Ranieri had a deal in place to expect to retain his job even if we went down last season (it was discussed before he signed)

Worst performance I've seen from us on Sunday... Kapser is up there with Lloris, Coutois and De Gea in the PL... and has been the one City player to show some form this season... hopefully it's just a one game aboration!

MCFC game has been the one highlight of my season... only managed one away game at the library also know as Old Trafford - whoops!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kas9t82 View Post

We only drew 7 away and conceded 45 goals.
    What saved us was one defeat at home.
    This was also playing 42 league games.
    If you had trouble in the dressing room I very much doubt you would have done as well as you have so far in the champions league.
    Sometimes things just happen and I think it gets into the players heads, the longer it goes on the more difficult it gets.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    We only drew 7 away and conceded 45 goals.
    What saved us was one defeat at home.
    This was also playing 42 league games.
    If you had trouble in the dressing room I very much doubt you would have done as well as you have so far in the champions league.
    Sometimes things just happen and I think it gets into the players heads, the longer it goes on the more difficult it gets.
    Yeah, i just remember a dire 0-0 draw with Arsenal, but even with 42 games, Leeds still drew 15 games only Ipswich & Palace had more. The champions league ( early games ) they were "up for it", so put the "beef" to one side, same with the Man' City game. Not to mention the teams they had in their group were, well lets say not of premier league quality. The thumping they got from Porto, i'll overlook due to the changes.

Or another theory... is maybe Kante is a dressing room leader/diplomat. Since his arrival at Chelsea, they are the team that most resemble last seasons Leicester, they ( Chelsea ) were in tatters too @ the start of the season, not anymore, they look like they would die for each other... coincidence? Just throwing it out there

Teams to have taken less than 15 points from the last 10 games:

Swansea - 12
    Bournemouth - 11
    Southampton - 10
    Watford - 9
    Middlesborough - 9
    Crystal Palace - 8
    Leicester - 8
    Sunderland - 8
    Hull - 6

There are 15 matches to go, so using the formula [current points]+[1.5x(points taken from last ten matches)]

12. Bournemouth - 43
    13. Southampton - 42
    14. Watford - 41
    15. Swansea - 39
    16. Middlesborough - 35
    17. Leicester - 33
    18. Crystal Palace - 31
    19. Sunderland - 28
    20. Hull - 25

(Hull have a game in hand, but that game tonight is away at Man U, so I think we can reasonably disregard that)

Blog Entries
    ^^^^^

How reassuring... cheers

^^^^^

How reassuring... cheers
    It would seem almost right to finish exactly 17th, no?

Blog Entries
    It would seem almost right to finish exactly 17th, no?
    I'd take it offered!!!

Craftsman
    It would be nice to see Leicester get 3 points tomorrow (Sunday) the post match interview with Mourinho would be 'entertaining'

This story isn't seeming half so heartwarming now

Well I called it and it happened. Should have had some money on it

QUOTE=Wolfie;4223153]He won't be sacked... if you ever went on foxestalk (fams forum) there are a daft amount of people calling for his head

If anyone deserves another go after a bit of cruddy campaign then it's Ranieri[/QUOTE]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Well I called it and it happened. Should have had some money on it

QUOTE=Wolfie;4223153]He won't be sacked... if you ever went on foxestalk (fams forum) there are a daft amount of people calling for his head

[/QUOTE]

I was really confident when I wrote that!!! Oh well...

With Palace winning today and Leicester not playing until Monday evening, they're now 18th, a point behind Palace and Boro, but with a worse GD than either

Blog Entries
    With Palace winning today and Leicester not playing until Monday evening, they're now 18th, a point behind Palace and Boro, but with a worse GD than either
    I'd read the table too…. Really improved my whole Leicester City mood

Master
    Thanks, I'd never have known that, where do you get this information from?

Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Thanks, I'd never have known that, where do you get this information from?
    The virgin Mary appeared to me in a dream. She added you needn't be so touchy.

Master
    The virgin Mary appeared to me in a dream. She added you needn't be so touchy.
    If she appears again, tell her I'm a Leicester fan and she'll understand also did she happen to mention our chances at Liverpool at home tomorrow? I'm not hopefull and I sense the atmosphere could turn quickly if we go behind but I hope I'm wrong.......

Spread so far:

1-6
    1-6
    7-8
    9-10
    9-12
    8-13
    11-20
    11-20
    15-20
    18-20

Which I make to be an average of 9th to 10th. I think I'm going to go with 4th to 7th.
    Leicester's final match is at home to Bournemouth...who are one place above them at the moment. Before that, at home to Spurs. The TZ UK average guess is looking good right now :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    After my team Blackburn won it in 1995 we finished 7th the following season and that was down to Alan Shearer being top scorer in PL.

I think 10th due to small squad and other matches in Europe.
    Won't be far out considering i made this over 12 months ago, it's just a shame i don't bet

Blog Entries
    Champions league - prem Champions and a cheeky FA Cup

I'm not being greedy, just realistic
    Near enough...

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I like the fact Ranieri said top 10

Next season will be hard. But you know what, it won't matter. The fans have seen them win England's biggest prize, a memory they will cherish till the day they die.

If it was me, I'd be happy with staying up. Not very ambitious, but as I say above, I'd have the memory. So, I'll go with 12th
    Boom.

On the money!

Blog Entries
    Boom.

On the money!
    Well done that man…!

Should've beaten bloody Bournemouth yesterday though.... Grhhhhhhh

Well done that man…!

Should've beaten bloody Bournemouth yesterday though.... Grhhhhhhh
    I had a pre season bet with a mate that Vardy wouldn't score more than 12 league goals. He just laughed at me and said he'll get that by February. So we shook on that.

He nets his 13th yesterday. Unlucky mate! Should have took the end of season one. Haha. Charity benefits though.

I had a pre season bet with a mate that Vardy wouldn't score more than 12 league goals. He just laughed at me and said he'll get that by February. So we shook on that.

He nets his 13th yesterday. Unlucky mate! Should have took the end of season one. Haha. Charity benefits though.
    Funnily enough, I had a bet with a rabid deranged Leicester fan about Raheem Sterlings goal count.
    Turns out Wolfie knew a bit more about football than me.
    Anyhoo, donation made to the FR.
    Just thinking up next seasons bet .

Blog Entries

Should've been 14 - his second was never off side!!!

Blog Entries
    Funnily enough, I had a bet with a rabid deranged Leicester fan about Raheem Sterlings goal count.
    Turns out Wolfie knew a bit more about football than me.
    Anyhoo, donation made to the FR.
    Just thinking up next seasons bet .
    Well done Lee

What I don't know about football, isn't worth knowing…!!! :-)

Roll on next season…. Preferred last year on balance…!!!!