closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOTC - finally

SOTC - finally

A log post so i will split it. I've been pushed and prodded and have a lot more time at home these days so I thought it's time to evaluate where I am with an SOTC post. It's long and wordy and the pictures are crap so feel free to move on to the next topic!

I'll start with vintage - not my thing but a few on the box.

Appearance wise, nothing Omega make these days comes close to this, the 60s Constellation at 35mm. This is gold capped (so gold and steel) and has the most perfect dial I've seen. I hope one day to get a solid 18kt version but no hurry, I'd barely wear it anyway. This watch actually has its original Omega bracelet and I must get round to refitting it at some point as it changes the look dramatically.

I love the story behind the Universal Geneve Polerouter being issued to SAS airline pilots to time their journeys across the Atlantic polar routes but I also know the smell of marketing when I get a whiff - hell, why not they're all at it! A lovely little watch at 34-35mm with an equally lovely microrotor movement sadly hidden behind the caseback. A recent trade, it's perhaps slightly too small for me to wear regularly.

Is there a cheaper way into a classy and completely English watch? Probably not, this Smiths Everest is a great looking piece in 9kt plate with some real history behind it. If you don't have one, get one and remember when Britain was still great at making watches from the ground up! 'Made in England' on a watch, it just feels good!

This is where it all began; the Breitling SuperOcean 1000m, my first ever mechanical watch. There was a sale on at Zurich airport as I passed through on my way to work in Tunisia... I was gobsmacked by the blue dial, the depth rating and just everything about the brand as I had releigiously collected the Breitling catalogues every year (and desperately wanted a Chronomat). For about a decade, it was the only watch I needed, then I bought a TAG Monza, then a Speedy and then it all went to pot. The crystal is scratched, the bezel loose, the bracelet stretched and the divers clasp epoxied shut. In modern terms it's quite magnificently awful but that dial is still beautiful and I won't part with it. It deserves a service and tidy up, perhaps the case fully brushed and then I'd wear it again. Maybe.

I don't 'do' divers but still seem to have this; a Doxa 800ti. My eye was caught by the spec; full titanium case and bracelet, tritium tubes and all the orange-handed Dirk Pitt posturing you could shake a stick at. A great holiday watch but I don't go on holiday and if I did I'd probably take something else. I have an orange Isofrane for it and really should give that a try, maybe it'll have a summer renaissance.

My 40th birthday present from Mrs Yeti and I believe the last watch ever to leave the Schuhren works, the 44mm Commander. Andy offered the last few on the forum before closing the doors and it's really superb quality for the money. In fact, it's be superb quality at 3 times the price. He engraved my birthday on the movement and '40' on the crown and I've recently started wearing it again as it's a lovely piece. Maybe one day I'll get an IWC Big Pilot but until then, this does me just fine.

I bought this Yacht-Master from the original owner in a supermarket car park in Kent with bundles of £50 notes - those were the days. Then I needed the money for something else so sold it to Thom, who sold it to his mate, who sold it back to him. Thom traded it with a dealer for a Sub, and the dealer fully RSC serviced the YM before Thom bought it back again. Then he sold it to Mart, who sold it back to me without me knowing it was the same watch. And that's why we love tz! I've tried all of the stainless watches (except the GMT) and none of them stick around - I think this is the one though, at least for now. It's blingy enough for a west London cafe without being OTT, it's solid enough for a man who spends most of his time with a baby, changing nappies and crawling around the library. It's faultlessly accurate, the timing bezel is really useful and it doesn't make me feel I'm pretending to be a fictional spy, a 60s Pan-Am pilot, Sherpa Tensing or a deep sea diver. Just a man wearing a reliable and good looking watch (who doesn't have a yacht). If someone were to ask 'what's your daily?' I would answer with 'this one'.

Many would disagree but I think a modern collection is incomplete without a Panerai; rightly or wrongly they have entered the collectors psyche. If you've small wrists, the Radiomir still works at 45mm; I've owned many PAMs from 44-47mm but they have all lead to this, the PAM 197 Radiomir 8 Days. For years I owned a 190, (the steel version of this) but wore it less and less as my watch tastes changed. Popular opinion isn't with me here judging by the great prices the steel watches fetch but this is so much more special for me; the Clou de Paris dial, the perfectly polished rose gold case and the Jaeger-LeCoultre twin-barrel 8 day movement with power reserve on the rear. As with all Panerai owners, I have a lot of straps from custom crocs to ammo pouch vintages. Currently enjoying this Watchboys alligator.

Pointless trying to capture the beauty of any Moser in a photo but Tony's old pics of this watch almost do it justice. Last one in but won't be first out, the H.Moser & Cie Mayu, 38.8mm in white gold with the marrone dial. I wore this for three days straight when I first received it and still marvel at how perfect it is as a wristwatch. If anything, it defines it for me. Uncluttered, uncomplicated, almost unremarkable if you just catch a glimpse. The subtle beauty takes a while to sink in but once it's in, you can't unsee it. It's stunning, from the case shape with brushed and polished detail to the sides to the brown sunburst dial. The movement has a reserve of 65hrs and is decorated with the unique double 'Moser stripes', the entire escapement is designed to be removed and replaced at service, parts of the gear train are hardened solid gold and they make their own hairsprings, yet you'd guess none of this from looking at it. Pure subtlety, effortless class.

A watch I wanted as soon as I saw it but simply couldn't see myself paying that money for a three hander no matter how historic the brand, how iconic the design or how amazing the movement. Eventually I caved and traded for one, the Vacheron Constantin Les Historiques 1920, after finding one with a dealer in Belgium and I was not disappointed. This is my undisputed dress watch. It's slim, it's unusual, time only and is really the only watch that people ask what's going on with it. Originally conceived in the 20s (so the story goes) as a driver's watch to be worn on the inside of the wrist, I wear it on the outside so I can stare at it more. The 4400 movement is an work of art as you'd expect and the cognoscenti seem to think it's the finest manual winder out there. I won't argue at the 65hr reserve or the silky smooth winding. Catch the black anodised gold hands in the light and it's a joy.

An impulse buy but one of my better ones; as an edition of 25 I doubt I'll see another one. The Glashutte Original Senator Tourbillon 'Alfred Helwig'. Helwig invented the flying Tourbillon in the city of Glashutte where he was a watchmaking tutor and the watch rather nicely commemorates that. It's a delicate 38mm of lightly brushed gold and on closer inspection the quality of the watch is peerless - in fact only my other GO can match it in my opinion, this is another pre-Swatch piece. Rather than using rubies as end stones for the tourbillon, there are two rose cut diamonds instead, no expense has been spared with the manufacture of this watch. The unusual guilloche of the dial is very Art Deco and the retrograde date snaps back at the end of the month. It's a little piece of perfection on a custom Camille Fournet.

- - - Updated - - -

The Chronographs

Chronographs used to be the main focus of my collection, the vast majority have been sold as tastes move on. A few remain though.

A CWC hand winder; bought on SC, never worn, too cute to sell. One day perhaps I'll wear it for some reason. In the meantime, I'll just fiddle with it every now and again and marvel at what can be had for the money.

The Breitling Aerospace in 40mm. Try as I might, I don't seem to be able to keep one of these out of the box so I have given up trying. This is my fourth and is identical to my first which I rather like. It's my 'beater' I suppose in that I wear it cycling or to exercise, or for anything where I need a countdown, stopwatch and alarm. It rarely happens but when it does, there is only one watch. It's slim, it's light, it's handsome, it's the ultimate ana-dig although my head was almost turned by the Omega X-33. But not at that price for a beater.

A recent impulse buy from the SC, the Girard Perregaux 'Vintage 60s'; after a few years of production, GP changed the name to Vintage 70s and let's face it, that makes far more sense... It's a 38mm thing of beauty with a tall but elegant cushion case and in terms of looking like it cost more than it does, nothing I have come close - the quality of both case, dial and hands is wonderful. If you catch it right showing the rose gold hands offsetting the blued steel ones, it might be the loveliest watch I own. Chronograph is a 60 minute type with both minutes and seconds on the central pinion like a Lemania 5100. I know it's a modular chrono, I suspect ETA base but whatever it is it's crisp, legible and does its job extremely well. The case is a wonder of polished and brushed surfaces and I very much enjoy wearing it for a weekender. It's fitted with a very appropriate Camille Fournet lizard strap which I think looks great even though I didn't choose it ;)

One of 50 with the ice blue dial, the Kobold Polar Surveyour, 40mm in steel. 300m water resistance, you could use this for anything. I wanted this from the day I saw a picture of it and the Ranulph Fiennes connection just made me want it more. I saw it on the Friday thread and did a deal for it, I barely wear it but have no intention of passing it on. It's heavy, it's cumbersome, it's from a brand that elicits smirks from some collectors but I really don't care. It's almost deserving of the term 'awesome'. Just because. It's a modified 7750 but is a unique application using as eighth hand as a 24hr day / night indicator on the same subdial as the running seconds. Rather clever and I really could have used this when I worked in the arctic - I at least understand what it's for even if I no longer need it!

The Daytona; it's not for everyone. Too small, too expensive, no date, hard to read. That's why I sold my steel one, but after a while I missed it and was wearing smaller, slimmer watches. I was actually looking for a white gold Submariner when this white gold version came up and it solved two wants in one watch, plus it made FAR more sense to me having a slim gold chrono rather than a thick gold dive watch. The red hands improve the legibility ten fold, the weight makes it feel special every time and the 4130 movement is one of the greats, certainly not out of place in this case. 72hrs reserve, smooth winding and pushers you start, stop and reset just because it feels good to use them. I wear this far more often than I thought I would, which is nice.

A bit of a step up, the Patel Philippe Nautilus 5980 in steel. It has the glorious and unique blue fading to black dial, the effect being created with the application of heat. The overall effect is stunning and I spend more time staring at this on my wrist than most other things. The chronograph has a flyback mechanism and there is no running seconds on the watch so generally the chrono is (and was designed to be) running all the time - the flyback makes sense in those terms. I compared this to a departed Royal Oak chrono and it was closer than PP would like I'm sure, but this stayed and the RO went. I think it really is the ultimate luxury 'sports' chono and the fully in-house chronograph was actually Patek's first one, hard to believe in this day and age. I get a buzz whenever I wear it.

My flagship chronograph, the Jaeger-LeCoultre Duometre a Chronographe, 42mm in rose gold. This was the first use of JLC's Dual Wing concept, two mainsprings regulated by the same escapement. The idea behind it was that starting, stopping and running a chronograph interferes with the amplitude of a watch and therefore the accuracy is compromised. Theoretically true I'm sure, innovative certainly (it had the CEO and marketing manager at Chopard shaking their heads in wonder when I showed it to them), beautiful to look at through the back, without a doubt. The movement plate is German silver so it's changed colour in my ownership and will continue to develop a unique patina. It's gorgeous. The pattern is the Cote du Soleil reserved for their finest pieces and when I was shown it in the Haute Horologie room at the Le Sentier manufacture, I thought 'one day if I win the lottery'. In fact when I found out the cost, I sold half my collection and bought it. No regrets, I don't wear it as often as I'd like as 42mm with a white face and small bezel is big on me, but it's too special to part with. Where else will you find a watch with 9 hands, a foudroyante, a spatiograph and two power reserves?

The Calendars

The focus of my passion these days.

Possibly the prettiest watch I own, the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Calendar. I suppose this is what started me down the world of calendars and moonphases to an extent, a few really nice ones have gone (like at IWC) but this remains steadfast. There is a lovely simple and traditional moonphase and also power reserve, my two favourite complications. This is the second one I have owned, selling the first was a huge (and costly) mistake which I won't make again, i though trading it against a Patek would make me happy, I was wrong. It's 40mm and stainless steel, setting the day of the week can be a faff as there is no adjuster for the days so you have to wind through. All other functions are settable with pushers however and it never takes more than a minute or two. It's the only watch my wife has ever commented positively and it's also the only watch I have worn for an entire week just to see if I could. Maybe one day i will write up a comparison against some of the more supposedly higher end pieces, but in terms of value for money pre-owned, this really can't be beaten IMHO. It's on a custom Jean Rousseau strap and gets worn once a week, pretty rare for any watch.

A very modern package in a very traditional style, a Blancpain Villeret Complete Calandar 'Demi-Savonette' or half hunter, which refers to the hinged caseback. It measures 40mm in rose gold and has lovely flinque work to the dial as well as the traditional Blancpain moon looking in the direction of travel. I have had the complication before in a Fifty Fathoms and it made little sense; this is what it was made for. The hinged caseback is an unusual touch (and this is currently off for repair!) but the 4 'switches' you can see inside the caseback are actually the day, date, month and moonphase adjusters. As easy as a separate setting system can be, you set them with your fingernail rather than needing a tool (no chance of scratching), and the caseback snaps shut covering it up. Such a good idea, I was smitten when I saw it. The butterfly deployant also has a spring loaded closure rather than snapping shut by bending metal in the conventional way. Very clever and zero wear or damage. I waited a long, long time for one to come up at the right price, Blancpain is a SWatch brand but they, like Breguet, seem to have been given their head stylistically and horologically to produce what they want to. I like the result.

The last new watch I bought, the A Lange & Sohne Grande Lange Moonphase in rose gold. It measures a very borderline too-large 41.5mm but the quality of the casework and dial furniture is second to none, it's like it's alive when you catch it in the light. Bought to commemorate my daughter's birth (she is named for a moon goddess), I will hopefully never part with it. It has my favourite features, big date, moonphase and power reserve but all executed better than almost any other watch. Lange is a company that claims it doesn't vary it's finishing dependent on the expense of the watch and with this being middle of the range (at best) I can believe them. The moonphase register is solid gold and enamelled blue, then has 360 separate stars laser etched onto it. The harder you look, the higher the magnification, the better this watch gets. It has 72hr power reserve and is manually wound. The moonphase is slaved to the hour hand as well so rather than clicking over once a day, it is constantly, imperceptably moving. I am not a huge fan of the Glashutte 3/4 plate, especially if compare it to what you get in the chronographs, but it's perfectly executed and I can look at those (9) gold chatons all day. The hand engraved balance cock as well is a special touch and very Teutonic.

A rarer than it looks piece, Glashutte Senator Perpetual Calendar in platinum. This is a very early one at number 14 of 200, however they missed the usual '29 1/2' from the moonphase when they made the dial for the first 100 watches made as an expriment so really there are only 100 of them like this. It is shockingly heavy for a 40mm watch with a lot of metal in the case but the weight feels great once you're used to it. It's a pre-Swatch era watch so the quality defies belief; there are 9 gold chatons in the movement and it is better than anything else I own, I say that without hyperbole - the movement work is unparalleled. The PC is a treat to operate with a single pusher to update all functions (except the moon) and one of the pushers snaps the second hand back to 12 as the movement doesn't hack. Everything about this watch oozes quality and I'm afraid modern GOs just aren't up there anymore, I have compared enough of them and it's hard to believe as modern GOs really are superb. It's on a custom Camille Fournet strap and very nice it is too.

Previously this was the flagship of my collection and it is still the piece I wear when at events or meeting fellow nerds, The F.P.Journe Octa Divine, 40mm in platinum. Everybody seems to love an FPJ and there is an appreciation of them from others that none of the mainstream brands have. Very distictive hand set, the brilliantly arrogant 'Invenit et Fecit' on the dial and again it has my favourite combination of power reserve indicator (5 days) big date and moonphase but unlike the Lange is an automatic, and very efficient winder due to the large offset gold rotor. The entire movement is made of hardened 18kt gold; is that a good idea, well time will tell but it's great to look at and despite all that Pt and Au, it feels slim and relatively light on the wrist. Setting it is a joy, turn the crown one way for moonphase only, turn it the other way to set date and moonphase simultaneously. Genius in its simplicity. It's on a Jean Rousseau custom strap which is a very lairy shade of blue. Why not, it isn't a watch that takes itself seriously.

Pride of the calendars goes to this, the current flagship of the collection, a Patek Philppe 5159G. A 38mm perpetual calendar with retrograde date in unplated white gold. It has so-called 'officers case' with straight lugs, screwed in bars and the hinged caseback which so ably displays the movement if you so wish. The hinged back, because it is a moving part means this reference cannot be rhodium plated which was a huge draw for me; it is the same 'grey gold' alloy as the modern PPs, with a very high palladium content and the hue is unlike anything else. I previously owned a 5205 Annual Calendar in the same 'grey gold' and there is no way i could have lost that metal from the collection. I looked at the other PCs in my price range and they were plated watches or somehow didn't have a 'wow factor'. For me, this one does. Without wishing to denigrate my other watches, the quality of this hinged caseback compared to the Blancpain really is off the scale, you can begin to see where the money goes. There is hand engraved guilloche to the dial, a small onion crown and one of the things that appealed was how un-Pateklike it was. It's a traditional PC in that every function must be set separately with individual pushers and I won't lie, it's a pain. However, it makes you engage with the watch and if the biggest problem you have is your PP takes a while to set, life isn't too bad. It came from PP with a watch winder which is currently not being used, I prefer to do it myself. It's on a custom Jean Rousseau made for another PP now departed; it will gets something made specially when I have time.

And that's where I'm at. Not finished but certainly taking a break...
    Last edited by DB9yeti; 30th April 2016 at 14:36.

Banned
    Thanks for sharing your amazing collection. My favorites, are the Moser, the Vacheron (what a cracker of a watch) and the Daytona. Not that the others are not very nice too...

Blog Entries
    Gulp ‼️
    That's quite a collection.
    I thought I had a problem...

z

Master
    Wow, it just got better and better

Wow, quite a collection & nice to hear the musings on the individual pieces

Master
    Goodness me what a fantastic collection. I've never really 'got' Panerai but your goldie is a beauty. And that White gold Daytona is very special. Thanks for the pics and stories behind them, great Saturday morning read

Master
    ...Forgot to mention the JLC!

Impressive collection there Lewis, something for every occasion (and then some!) But... first pic, if you're going to take the trouble to have the hands at 10:10, 40s, make sure the date isn't changing , and clean that baby vomit from the Aerospace bracelet

Stunning collection! Thanks for sharing

Master
    Stunning collection Lewis, I knew you had some crackers but a few there I never knew about

Master
    Thanks for the review and photos,
    A simply fabulous collection.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post
    clean that baby vomit from the Aerospace bracelet
    Excellent spot! Sweet potato mash, seems to get everywhere and never come off...

Great collection and a really interesting write up

I particularly like the vintage pieces

Bloody hell, Lewis - that's a bit of a collection, mate! Fantastic variety, LOVE the story behind the YM, covet the Pateks and the Duometre, miss the Moser and would like the Panerai

Just to add, if we ever arrange that coffee you'll have to come mob-handed!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 30th April 2016 at 18:14.

Lewis, I knew that you had some beautiful and amazing pieces, but not that many. And such a wide variety of manufacturers.

You certainly have an excellent range of complications. I think that the only thing missing is a minute repeater.

Like many other members, I couldn't pick the number one piece. But I would certainly make special mention of the Omega Constellation, Moser, FPJ, JLC Triple Calendar, GO PC and the Patek 5159.

Congratulations once again on your collection and a very nicely written article.
    Last edited by Topcat30093; 30th April 2016 at 10:00.

Stunning collection, and refreshing not to see a sea of divers bezels!

My favourites are the Moser, the Girard Perregaux and the Glashutte Senator Perpetual Calendar.

The Universal Geneve Polerouter is really interesting too. Every day's a school day!
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 30th April 2016 at 10:00.

Craftsman
    Fantastic collection, thanks for sharing. That JLC Duometre

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Wow, very impressive, enjoyed looking through that, thank you.

Master
    Amazing, thanks for sharing! The VC, ALS and Panerai are real highlights for me

Blog Entries
    Blimey... That's impressive!

Like that Moser... A lot!

Master
    Surely you're missing a Gshock. Every collection should have one :).

What a very nice eclectic collection, nice write-up too.
    It would take me far too long to decide every morning what to wear.

Master
    Marvellous, every one a classic.

Blog Entries
    Wow! A fabulous set - I love the Patek perpetual calendar - and of course the JLC. Have you thought of adding adding a world-time to your collection maybe Patek or VC?

Master
    I'm a simple boy with simple tastes. From that collection I really love the Omega Constellation, the UG Polerouter and the CWC.
    Having said that I also love reading about and looking at pictures of watches that are way beyond my means. Thanks for taking the trouble to produce those really detailed posts.

Great collection and a wonderful write up too.
    Envious but thanks so much for posting.
    Keep us in the loop for what comes next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Good Lord! How do you even decide which one to wear on a day to day basis?? I'd be late for work every day if I had my pick of those!!

Simply marvellous! Such a classy, sophisticated collection. I really enjoyed the write up too. Thanks for taking the time to put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchfreek View Post
    Good Lord! How do you even decide which one to wear on a day to day basis?? I'd be late for work every day if I had my pick of those!!
    Always decide the night before; winding and setting before bed is a ritual I really enjoy :)

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Have you thought of adding adding a world-time to your collection maybe Patek or VC?
    Surprisingly (for me) I am quite interested in the Orbis Terrarum from Montblanc; looks like a really beautifully executed watch. I look forward to having a try-out at some point, couldn't make their last event.

I enjoy the beauty of moonphase calendars and the utility of chronographs, not sure where a world timer fits in but I hope to be persuaded in the future.

Journeyman
    Wow! Nothing more needed.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely bunch Lewis!
    I love the panerai, moser, polerouter and YM.

Master
    Superb array of timepieces, Lewis – and to think how far you’ve come in the last 3 years or so, after deciding on the Duometre instead of the ALS, suggested by someone…
    Thanks for taking the time to put all that together.
    Last edited by PJ S; 30th April 2016 at 13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Superb array of timepieces, Lewis – and to think how far you’ve come in the last 3 years or so, after deciding on the Duometre instead of the ALS, suggested by someone…
    Thanks for taking the time to out all that together.
    Thanks for your advice through the years Phil; you really did give me some different perspectives even if didn't always go with your choices :)

Wonderful, wonderful collection, Lewis and a great write up. I'm convalescing over the long weekend having had an op during the week, you have inspired me to use my time wisely to put together an SOTC, if I can stay awake amid the legion of drugs!

Thank you, I really enjoyed reading it.

Regards
    John

Thanks to all, especially those who are saying what their favourites are; it's always great to hear what others like; often surprising to see what interests people the most.

Couple of things I should add; the ones I really miss:

AP Royal Oak Chronograph. Still on the forum, maybe one day...
    Rolex Deepsea Blue dial. Easy to buy and sell, but what a watch.
    PP 5205; straight swap with the GO Tourbillon. Lovely watch which I wore a lot.
    Reverso 8 Days jumping Power reserve. Again, still on the forum...
    Rolex LV 'Hulk'. Owned 2, sold 2, can never remember why...

Ones I still want:
    LU Chopard with orbital moonphase, probably a PC
    Reverso Chronograph
    White gold Submariner
    VC Overseas chronograph
    The AP and Deepsea as mentioned above!

Nothing happening for a year or so though, I'm going to enjoy what I have for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Wonderful, wonderful collection, Lewis and a great write up. I'm convalescing over the long weekend having had an op during the week, you have inspired me to use my time wisely to put together an SOTC, if I can stay awake amid the legion of drugs!

Thank you, I really enjoyed reading it.

Regards
    John
    Get well soon John and I'd very much like to see your SOTC!

Thanks for all your advice since I've been on where as well :)

What kind of collection is this...no submariner, Sea dweller or Speedmaster? Seriously though, great write up and collection. Hard to pick favourites but perhaps go for the 5980, Polerouter and white gold Daytona.

Craftsman
    Fantastic collection although I figured as much from your Friday posts and various posts. For me the VC is the star of the collection. Awesome.

Impressive collection Lewis :)

What a beautiful collection!
    Absolutely, stunning.
    Would gladly wear all of them.
    I also think that JLC is very pretty.
    And, thanks for the wonderful write up. I always envy someone who is able to back up the SOTC post with nice write ups
    as my efforts usually are more like post- a -pic -and -run type.

Good grief Lewis, what a collection! You own some staggeringly beautiful watches.

On a somewhat mundane note, I dread to think what the replacement value of that lot would be for insurance purposes!

Simon

Great post.

Well written with fantastic photographs, must have taken an age to do.

Some high end horological instruments you have there. Beautiful and desirable collection.

Mitch

Simply brilliant Lewis! You need to somehow add something bonkers next....say an MB&F or at the top of my crazy list a UN Freak....

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Stunning collection, and refreshing not to see a sea of divers bezels!
    +1.......some nice pieces there. Plenty of variety, and some gold too. That's what makes a collection IMO, no point in buying watches that are too similar.

Paul

Wow!!
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Wow. Thanks for taking the time to post Lewis.

The JLC nine hander is stunning.

What is really great though is the level of detail on some of those pieces.

Wow amazing collection of watches. That took me good 10 mins to read and it got better as I read it. Will say the best post in ages to read.

Craftsman
    I really enjoyed reading that. No favourites as so many of them are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk