closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Not enjoyed a new watch this much in ages

Not enjoyed a new watch this much in ages

I picked up this brand new 5600 a few weeks ago purely because it was a great price. I've had a few of the solar / atomic versions over the years but never got on with them. I know people love them and couldn't understand why I didn't. Now I know; having this one with the blue font made me realise it was the red font I didn't like. Weird but true.

The size of this is perfect for me, it's comfortable and light too. I've worn it all but two days since I got it and absolutely love it.

Easily pleased I guess.

Good job! I felt the same getting mine and I still love it years later. I always like to see people enjoying this classic.
    Last edited by rogerf; 27th April 2016 at 20:41.

And what a great classic to enjoy, very nice.

Banned
    Brilliant watch, thanks for sharing. Enjoy.

I've just bought a DW-5600E-1VER and like it much more than the solar atomic GW-M5610-1ER I had previously.

Being able to see current time in stopwatch mode is a useful feature.

Very nice OP, glad to hear you're enjoying a truly iconic watch that does everything asked of it and will always look good....I used to have an M5600 with the BC module swap so that it didn't have the red band...and the combi bracelet...loved it but in a fit of madness sold it a good while back...recently I was looking for a daily wearer, tried a Hamilton Khaki, nice but not quite what I was after..then a PRS18Q, lovely but a bit too hefty for my needs..then a lovely SBMC023...nearly but not quite...always had an itch for a GW-5000 and after a WTB I got a new one one off Vinstink (cheers Vinny)...and I absolutely love it...I know it cost a few more quid than the original G but I just love the look and wearability...thanks to the much cheaper price the DW-5600 is an absolute steal

Craftsman
    I received one of these last Christmas, Mrs R got it for around £50. I swim, walk and DIY in it.
    It has to be the one of the best value watches out there.

The F91W and GW-5000 are both significantly different from the DW-5600E. I think the F91W is remarkably inexpensive for its utility, and accessible. Amazing really. But nothing like the quality of the DW-5600E. The luxurious GW-5000 is really very nice, but it isn't a better DW-5600E.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerf View Post
    The F91W and GW-5000 are both significantly different from the DW-5600E. I think the F91W is remarkably inexpensive for its utility, and accessible. Amazing really. But nothing like the quality of the DW-5600E. The luxurious GW-5000 is really very nice, but it isn't a better DW-5600E.
    OK, I was being a bit flippant - I'm afraid G-Shocks leave me baffled - They nearly always look like expensive F91Ws to me...

I did have an F91W once (although I can't find it) - It was my 'windsurfing watch' as I wanted something cheap and waterproof to wear when I did that many, many moons ago.

M

Its a fair point...I started with my first G shock nearly 20 years ago...a rare MRG100 (I'd been on the sauce all afternoon and liked the look of it)...wore that for a good few years and it was my only watch through thick and thin...must admit that did spark my interest in watches and moved onto a Ti Gulfman, Oceanus, Damasco, and Rolex for a big birthday...always had G shocks since then (I've got two GW-002e) that I've battered on holidays and running up in the hills....its just then fact that you can wear one for any activity (ok, not so much with a dinner suit) but can't be beaten for durability, timekeeping and no real tears if it gets lost or trashed...as for the GW-5000 I love the looks and inherent quality..even if it looks like its cheaper (but no lesser) DW5600 brother...they are addictive once you give them a go....I'm now down to a Quartz GS and the GW-5000...(apart from the GW-002es) and I think thats me done...he says maybe

As much as I love the solar atomic version, the plain old DW5600 is perhaps my favourite. Really great module that does all you need and nothing more.