closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Deluxe Nato

Deluxe Nato

I'm about to order one of Eddies Deluxe Nato's for use on a Vostok and a Seiko diver. I've not used a nato strap before (well for a very long time). Would you recommend the G10 or RAF pattern? Wrist is 7"-7.25" if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The RAF is generally more comfortable and practical, as you don't have the bottom keeper that limits where it can sit on the strap. The G10 has the 2nd piece (keeper ended) to ensure the watch head doesn't slide down the length of the strap - for example, if you were suspending it on something.

You could always get a G10 and cut off the 2nd bit if it didn't suit, but that depends on how handy you are with a blade and a lighter. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    The RAF is generally more comfortable and practical, as you don't have the bottom keeper that limits where it can sit on the strap. The G10 has the 2nd piece (keeper ended) to ensure the watch head doesn't slide down the length of the strap - for example, if you were suspending it on something.

You could always get a G10 and cut off the 2nd bit if it didn't suit, but that depends on how handy you are with a blade and a lighter. Hope that helps.
    Thanks, that helps a lot. I'm gonna go with the G10 like you suggest.

I have a couple of the RAF, and I prefer it in this case.
    Because
    The Deluxe is quite thick, and I only want one thickness behind the watch.
    The fabric thickness also means the secondary slip is largely irrelevant, this strap will not simply slip off the watch.
    The lack of secondary slip also means you can position the watch where you want. I put it so that buckle and both keepers are under my wrist, not possible on a G10 type. This cleans up the look a lot.
    The black / grey 20mm RAF looks great on my Sinn 657.
    D

I have an Orange/Black RAF on my Dreadnought Voyager and wore it for two weeks (except to sleep - I don't sleep in a watch) both in and out of the water on a diving holiday in Indonesia recently.

It was very comfy and shows no serious signs of wear. It did stretch a little when wet from diving - one hole only though and shrank consistently when dried out.

I'm not a big fan of NATOs, etc, generally, but the RAF style Deluxe really works well.

M.

Master

Deluxe NATO

Who would have thought there's such a thing as posh nylon!

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Omega...

M.

Tudor......

D

Whoever made the black Nato with real gold hardware that was discussed here a few years ago.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Omega...

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Tudor......

D
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Whoever made the black Nato with real gold hardware that was discussed here a few years ago.
    Expensive nylon indeed

Prada? Hartmann? Tumi?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Prada? Hartmann? Tumi?
    WOW!!
    Even more expensive nylon
    I wonder what type of sucker buys this man made fibre just because it has a fashion house attached to it?

WOW!!
    I wonder what type of sucker buys this man made fibre just because it has a fashion house attached to it?
    The type of sucker who buys anything just because it has a fashion house attached to it?

M

Your posts are 99% troll 1% moron. What's your adgenda this time?

WOW!!

G10 for me. I really like these new deluxe NATO straps. But they are thick, and fit more like a leather NATO than a standard nylon one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeOut View Post
    Your posts are 99% troll 1% moron. What's your adgenda this time?
    Whoa boy!
    Relax it's only watch talk, don't have an agenda, just voiced my opinion that's all, followed by disbelief on how much some people will pay for a synthetic polymer strip with some bent metal on it depending on which fashion house had it knocked up for them.
    Or is it not ok to dislike a particular type of strap style and the most common material they come in?

More doom and gloom.

Whoa boy!
    Relax it's only watch talk, don't have an agenda, just voiced my opinion that's all, followed by disbelief on how much some people will pay for a synthetic polymer strip with some bent metal on it depending on which fashion house had it knocked up for them.
    Or is it not ok to dislike a particular type of strap style and the most common material they come in?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Prada? Hartmann? Tumi?
    I was thinking exactly the same thing

Although my Tumi's are leather

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

just voiced my opinion that's all, followed by disbelief on how much some people will pay for a synthetic polymer strip with some bent metal on it depending on which fashion house had it knocked up for them.
    First of all you moved a perfectly benign thread onto a subject you wanted to rant on and then you ranted. What in the first five posts has anything to do with the objects of your scorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    First of all you moved a perfectly benign thread onto a subject you wanted to rant on and then you ranted. What in the first five posts has anything to do with the objects of your scorn?
    Perhaps Nunya didn't realise we were talking SPECIFICALLY about TF 'Deluxe NATOs', which are hardly 'expensive'?

I'm not a fan of NATOs personally, but I do think the Deluxe on my Voyager is the best I've experienced and excellent value.

Having struggled to find a good solution for wearing a Voyager I was very pleased.

M

Perhaps Nunya didn't realise we were talking SPECIFICALLY about TF 'Deluxe NATOs', which are hardly 'expensive'?

I'm not a fan of NATOs personally, but I do think the Deluxe on my Voyager is the best I've experienced and excellent value.

Having struggled to find a good solution for wearing a Voyager I was very pleased.

M
    I think he knew, after all the OP was asking a specific question about them.

Not a boring anarchist, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeOut View Post
    I think he knew, after all the OP was asking a specific question about them.
    It's Friday, I'm being generous, but I know I don't always read all the previous posts before replying...

M

It's Friday, I'm being generous, but I know I don't always read all the previous posts before replying...

M

Nice DN equipped DN.

My DN equipped Seiko says a Deluxe Hi,

Anyone got a picture of a Luch De Luxe on a De luxe NATO?

Craftsman
    Is there a link that someone could share for "Eddie's"? I'm relatively new here and have noticed how everyone seems to refer to dealers / people who service etc and the like by their first name's which can be frustrating as there's clearly a lot of good advice kicking around!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans View Post
    Is there a link that someone could share for "Eddie's"? I'm relatively new here and have noticed how everyone seems to refer to dealers / people who service etc and the like by their first name's which can be frustrating as there's clearly a lot of good advice kicking around!

This is Eddies forum and owns Timefactors.

http://www.timefactors.com/natostraps.htm

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    This is Eddies forum and owns Timefactors.

http://www.timefactors.com/natostraps.htm
    Thank you.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans View Post
    Thank you.
    My pleasure, and rest assured you will receive excellent service Zfrom Eddie.

my delux Nato on Speedy

Apprentice
    Eddie must be a busy man. I have been waiting to buy a NATO strap for a few weeks while Timefactors was shut for annual accounts etc. and now I see he is only opening for business on Tuesday mornings each week and then shipping all orders out at the end of the week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by picklingjeff View Post
    Eddie must be a busy man. I have been waiting to buy a NATO strap for a few weeks while Timefactors was shut for annual accounts etc. and now I see he is only opening for business on Tuesday mornings each week and then shipping all orders out at the end of the week...

Eddie is like Chuck Norris. You don't buy from him. He chooses to sell to you. If you are worthy...

Craftsman
    I finally got around to putting my 856 on to one of Eddies nato's

He is a busy man, as I reckon the straps are selling very well indeed.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    Eddie is like Chuck Norris. You don't buy from him. He chooses to sell to you. If you are worthy...
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post
    I finally got around to putting my 856 on to one of Eddies nato's
    Very nice!

I think what he means is his shop will commence trading each Tuesday morning, and close early if necessary to fulfil orders. Not that the shop is only open on Tuesday mornings. This has been the state of affairs for some time now, I believe.

Last edited by ralphy; 30th April 2016 at 12:47.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I think what he means is his shop will commence trading each Tuesday morning, and close early if necessary to fulfil orders. Not that the shop is only open on Tuesday mornings. This has been the state of affairs for some time now, I believe.
    It's a somewhat unusual—if not unique—method of online selling. I think most people would be happy enough placing their order at whatever time suits them, and waiting for Eddie to fulfil it when he can. After all, they don't get the watch any quicker this way, it's just more difficult to order it. Americans in particular have resorted to staying up till bizarre hours of the night to try to catch Time Factors open!

Of course it's his choice how to run the business, but I think it's a testament to the quality of the product that people are willing to face seemingly insurmountable hurdles in order to buy it.

Thanks to Eddie, strap arrived today (Changed to RAF pattern for me after ordering, which I appreciate greatly). I think I may be ordering another very soon for my SKX009, very impressed with the quality and style of the strap. Brilliant product!

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    It's a somewhat unusual—if not unique—method of online selling. I think most people would be happy enough placing their order at whatever time suits them, and waiting for Eddie to fulfil it when he can. After all, they don't get the watch any quicker this way, it's just more difficult to order it. Americans in particular have resorted to staying up till bizarre hours of the night to try to catch Time Factors open!

Of course it's his choice how to run the business, but I think it's a testament to the quality of the product that people are willing to face seemingly insurmountable hurdles in order to buy it.
    If I stayed open all the time, the backlog would become unmanageable very quickly. It may be frustrating not being able to place an order but it avoids complaints that someone placed an order 2 weeks ago and still hadn't received it. At the moment, everything ordered on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (not always Thursdays) will be shipped by Friday.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Grand Master
    Just thinking the same......"deluxe NATO" ��

Deluxe Nato

I ordered 3 more straps from Eddie when he got back from holiday on Tuesday and they arrived first thing on Wednesday - great service and great straps - speedie and sarb on the two piece nato with deployant - spare green one for the speedie. OM on nato bond with a twist but have the deluxe black and orange nato as back up - new black and white deluxe nato waiting for an incoming Sinn!
    Great straps and service every time.
    Last edited by pjtj; 1st May 2016 at 17:55.