timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Bay Bronze

Question Black Bay Bronze

Anyone tried one on? Bought one??

Any feedback would be welcome. Ta.

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com
    I've no doubt this will be a well engineered watch, but a bronze one! I have watched the columns for bronze/brass watches, because I've fancied one myself, and have decided that as I see so many used ones for sale at vastly reduced prices, I'll not risk it.

I'm sure that a Tudor version is just as likely to suffer such a fate if you don't like it, and it will lose you money.

Perhaps you should try a bronze/brass watch first, perhaps a second hand Maranaz Layan. Though these are brass, from what I've read, I understand that both metals are stable for use in watch case construction, and similar in metalurgical terms, and wearability.

Another thing you should consider, is that you will get a green wrist. Although the caseback is stainless steel, the case material will make your wrist turn green, especially if you sweat.

OK, that said, the Black Bay bronze is a superb looking watch, and if I were in the market for a bronze watch, I'd certainly think it worth considering.

They are still not available but I have one on order.

Master
    Never once had any kind of green wrist or green residue on any bronze watch I have owned, although I have heard some have, but the steel caseback always negates that

Bronze watches that do turn green are generally CuSn08 (copper & tin), The Tudor Bronze Bay is Aluminium Bronze, it may patinate a darker brown/grey colour, but won't go green

Mine is in order. They arrive in the UK next month and onwards for sale in June. Will be around £2700. Can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No green from my bronze Ennebi but the patina can leave you with a mucky looking brown watch. The Ennebi was sold and I won't try bronze again.

I am waiting on mine, good to hear they arrive in June Ryan, can not wait:)

Grand Master
    Nice watch and has a warmth to it, will never be in the same league as the Bronzo Panerai etc and as a materiel its a quirky one that does a good job on the Tudor but personally if you wanted a bronze piece I would go the extra extra dollar for the 382 or grab a cheaper offering from a lesser known maker like Benarus
    RIAC

I like it a lot I'll be trying one on for sure

Presumably you lose the bracelet option if you go bronze? For me that would reduce the appeal as an everyday wearer. But I guess the Pelagos - now my only watch - is the 'head over heart' choice in the current Tudor dive range.

It comes on the leather with a fabric strap included.

I was interested in it until I saw the live photos in Hodinkee, and it really doesn't look all that bronze at all.

Master
    I believe it's a bronze-aluminium mix, to control the patina. Should also make the watch lighter than bronze alone I presume.

I'm liking the look of these but if Ryan's got one coming I think it's worth holding on for a while as there's bound to be one coming to sc

Banned
    I think both variants, NATO and the leather look great... a bronze bracelet would be pretty funny. :D

Has anybody traded up from a previous Black Bay model? Anybody looking to trade up?

Quote Originally Posted by doug darter View Post
    Another thing you should consider, is that you will get a green wrist. Although the caseback is stainless steel, the case material will make your wrist turn green, especially if you sweat.
    I've never had a green wrist with my Precista.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I'm liking the look of these but if Ryan's got one coming I think it's worth holding on for a while as there's bound to be one coming to sc

Ha!

It's funny because it is alas probably very true :(

Just been told by my dealer could be late May they have them in, 4 weeks and counting:). Guys what is the list price again.

£2730 I believe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post
    £2730 I believe.
    Not too shabby... not bad at all. I would really like to see it in person.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ArghZombies View Post
    I was interested in it until I saw the live photos in Hodinkee, and it really doesn't look all that bronze at all.

Aluminium Bronze usually has from 4% upto 12% aluminium, the colour of the tudor probably means the aluminium content is on the higher end of the scale. As the colour is quite light, I imagine theres a good amount of nickel in there too.

This watch will probably patinate very slowly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Aluminium Bronze usually has from 4% upto 12% aluminium, the colour of the tudor probably means the aluminium content is on the higher end of the scale. As the colour is quite light, I imagine theres a good amount of nickel in there too.

This watch will probably patinate very slowly

It might be the lighting. I'm sure they look 'bronzer'

Just been told by my local dealer expect the bronze in May if not the next 2 weeks. Can not wait

Craftsman
    I like the strap. Something like that but with no logo would be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the strap. Something like that but with no logo would be interesting.

Craftsman
    Achimede make some nice bronze watch too. Not to bulky but more like the Tudor.
    I wonder when we see a Omega or Rolex bronze watch.

Banned
    I want the strap on the BB Bronze for one of my other watches. Anybody know where I can get something similar? Colour can vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Anyone tried one on? Bought one??

Any feedback would be welcome. Ta.
    Just a thought...imagine someone looks at your nice watch - oh nice tudor,very expensive I expect being gold - and the look when you tell them it's bronze....still think it's a nice watch and can't wait to see it in person.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

iamvice first thing I will do is order 2 toshi straps. If your looking for something similar strap wise this would be my first port of call.

Master
    Had a look at the demo sample this morning..

Very striking watch and although big, it seemed to sit well on my wrist (forgot to take a wrist-shot). Great strap, too.

Just got the call that mine can be picked up now, first in the UK :)

Alas I'm not available this weekend so will need to wait until next weekend

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

you lucky git, but that's painful to wait a week until you can collect. Saw my dealer yesterday, number 1 on their list but waiting for them to come in and time in the next few weeks

Is the crown also in bronze?

Craftsman
    Are they widely available yet? Or only for those who are already put their name down?

Quote Originally Posted by jalebi View Post
    Are they widely available yet? Or only for those who are already put their name down?
    They are fulfilling pre orders over the next few weeks but after this they should be readily available.

Very tempting!

Craftsman
    Lovely watch..

Very nice - I like that

Looks great and I love the strap, tempted to add this alongside the Black Bay Black

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Want me to pick it up for you? 😉

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

You'd better hurry up and pick it up, decide you don't like it, and flip it ( I have first dibs remember ), else I'll end up buying my brand new one when it arrives next month!

Master
    Has anyone got one of these yet? Spoke to an AD yesterday and they said they were getting one in June.

Journeyman

Black Bay Bronze

Seems the AD in Christchurch (NZ) expects them next month, but pre orders will snap up all stock in first shipment.
    Price $6170 = approx 2800GBP.
    I'm looking forward to seeing those wrist shots......
    The Old Fella heading over from Newcastle in Sept via Dubai...nice Tudor Boutique there so may have to try and get one duty free....here's hoping.
    Unless anyone heading over to NZ sooner.......
    Devonian....I used to live in Bovey Tracey!!!! Still miss Devon....9 years here now....but out for walk today....check out the view!!!!!

Last edited by DrDunc; 22nd May 2016 at 09:32.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is a good review of the watch. You can see the colour of the case back and the likely patina over time

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tudor-he...m-wrist-watch/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    This is a good review of the watch. You can see the colour of the case back and the likely patina over time

Great pictures, just makes me want one even more :-)

Craftsman
    Popped into Goldsmiths, Nottingham today. Provisionally they were expecting the Black Bay Bronze this month so June is looking more likely now. Also enquired about the Advisor Cognac and was told as a company they would not be stocking it.

Mine isn't available to pick up at all btw - the AD was confused. Sigh. I'm just told 'any day now'

Journeyman
    Never cared for bronze before this one. Very cool watch.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post

"The Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze ..... is the most affordable and attainable bronze watch on the market today."

Looking for one in the EU this week but no luck just yet. No one in Spain has anything new release so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    "The Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze ..... is the most affordable and attainable bronze watch on the market today."
    Think they forgot the tail-end of the sentence: "if you're a pretentious git who wouldn't be caught dead with a brand you're pretentious git friends doesn't know"