closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: England 3 - Germany 2

England 3 - Germany 2

Great comeback.

Our young team (average age 24) looked exciting with two fantastic goals from Kane and Vardy.

Nice to beat the Germans at their place again.

Looking forward to the Euro's and hopefully leaving all the old codgers like Rooney, Milner etc behind.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Roy's got no balls ,he's a proper FA man,come euros he'll stick with old lads like you've said

The first England game I've managed to watch without falling asleep after 10 minutes. Looking forward to Nobes' testimonial on BT tomorrow, shame he's probably going to be overlooked for the Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Roy's got no balls ,he's a proper FA man,come euros he'll stick with old lads like you've said
    I really hope not this time. As you say, I think Hodgson and his cronies pick players on reputation as opposed to form.
    He's already said he will start Hart if he's fit. What incentive does that give to Butland and Forster?
    Vardy and Kane should be starting without question. The other Spuds players should also be in the first eleven. With Stones to come in too it's starting to look good. Luke Shaw could well be in contention too.
    Did Germany have a full team out? Only asking as I caught the last thirty minutes and missed what went on before.

Most exciting England performance for years. We played a lot like Leicester and Spurs which is great as they're the top two teams in our league.

I genuinely worry though that Woy will start the Euros with the same old, old guard and scrape a draw in the first game and we're back to square one again.

The team that started last night will score goals against anyone. I do worry about the centre halves though as Cahill, Jags and Smalling don't make a decent player between them.

The future looks bright if we use it.

Master
    Agreed all round, he should use the older players as super subs, the back up plan for want of a better word, something England never did in the past.

Come on Neil, it was

Germany 2 England 3

It sounds even better that way around and reinforces that it was an away win :-)

Cheers

Foggy

Craftsman
    I'm as cynical as they come when it comes to England, but that's the first England match since god knows when that I actually enjoyed and thought that they played good football. I echo that I'd like to see that team at the Euro's, but I can't see Roy playing anything other than the old guard.

Master
    I'm not that bothered about football - but wife and I having a lazy weekend and I thought I'd put a few complete speculative/guess bets on to make it a little more interesting. And lo and behold I got the following:

England to win 3-2 at 50/1
    England to come from behind at 16/1
    Total goals scored is 5 at 10/1

Now I wish I'd had more than £5 on each :)

Problem we have is Rooney being the captain,on this years performance he shouldn't even be going to the euros ,but we all know he will,its a shame some young hungry players will miss out

He's probably not going to get much choice, hopefully.

Last time a saw England play he waddled round the pitch, couldn't care less. Watching England last night was like a breath of fresh air, they were keen, hungry, fast, a great spectacle once again.

Problem we have is Rooney being the captain,on this years performance he shouldn't even be going to the euros ,but we all know he will,its a shame some young hungry players will miss out
    We've a chance to break away from the old guard and bring in the emerging talent. This is as good as it has looked for years with some cracking 'in-form' players coming through. To pick the same old England squad players will show the FA have absolutely no ambition (nor right to be in their jobs). But we know what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Come on Neil, it was

Germany 2 England 3

It sounds even better that way around and reinforces that it was an away win :-)

Cheers

Foggy
    Faux pas on my behalf Ian.

Of course, an away win, and all the better for it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Only watched the second half as I'm not generally fussed abut England and knew that Drinkwater and Vardy weren't starting... Glad i tuned in!

We looked good... Ali looked very good as did Dier... Great goal from Kane, possibly matched by the Vardy finnish...

Looking forward to see what Drinkwater can do v the Dutch now

Very promising... I may even watch the Euros

At 0-2 I gave up to start the long journey home. Serves me right for being a fair weather supporter of England. If I'd stuck with it, it may have erased the bitter childhood trauma of 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Most exciting England performance for years. We played a lot like Leicester and Spurs which is great as they're the top two teams in our league.

I genuinely worry though that Woy will start the Euros with the same old, old guard and scrape a draw in the first game and we're back to square one again.

The team that started last night will score goals against anyone. I do worry about the centre halves though as Cahill, Jags and Smalling don't make a decent player between them.

The future looks bright if we use it.
    Agreed!

A young, talented and fearless group. Give them an opportunity at a major tournament as they will surely form the mainstay of the England squad for the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign. I bet a few countries sat up and took notice last night. A word for Dele Alli - man of the match. The miss was unfortunate but he gave the Germans a torrid time.

Still can't shake the fear that Gerrard and Lampard will suddenly reappear to be given a 43rd opportunity to prove they can work together

Craftsman
    What to do with Rooney now! Do pleased for Danny Rose - he's been awesome this season, such great progress in a few years.

Well played England , a superb comeback .

Master
    A fantastic performance; Fast tempo, skilful, aggressive, committed, i couldn't believe it was an England friendly!

And Alli looks a class act, which isn't an easy admission from a diehard gooner.

Let's hope the boys stay fit and equally motivated after what is shaping up to be a frenetic premier league run in.

Here we go, Woy said today:

"I have to repeat Wayne is our captain and he has captained the team extremely well in the past two years.He took us through a qualifying campaign where we had a complete success with 10 wins out out 10. It doesn't please me too much that it is suggested now that the moment he is injured and doesn't play he gets jettisoned in some way. He doesn't deserve that."

Banned
    I still miss Bobby Charlton, sadly I just live in the past.