closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bvlgari Octo - any experiences?

Master

Bvlgari Octo - any experiences?

I am strangely drawn to these, just the basic 3 hander, like pictured below,

any owners on here, or any experiences to share?

Master
    Love the Octo, including the bracelet.
    A refinement of the original made by Genta, under his own label (before Bvlgari bought the company, and Daniel Roth's too, a good while ago, iirc).
    If Bvlgari weren’t more known for their fragrances and jewellery, it’d get the recognition it fully deserves.
    Available in both 38mm and 41mm, so a size to fit most people.

So when’s the incoming?

http://www.watchprosite.com/?page=wf....open_bLoB_s=0

Last edited by PJ S; 22nd March 2016 at 17:29.

Didn't know it's Genta inspired. Am a sucker for everything Genta; including the Bulova "Royal Oak".

RRP at Selfridges is £5,300. £3,500 from Jomashop, NOS.

Would love to get one second hand at around the £2,500 mark.

Master
    Not sure if £2500 is doable, even pre-owned – but if you fancy moving on one sooner rather than later, it might be worth paying the slight extra...https://www.chrono24.co.uk/bulgari/o...-id3755010.htm

I thought these looked great and tried one on in New York a couple of years ago. You know what? I can't recall anything about it which tells me all I need to know. Make of that what you will.

(PS I hadn't been drinking. :))

Just seen their new Baselword release of the thinnest ever tourbillon, and it's got me looking at their Octo range...serious want for the Octo Finissimo Skeleton. It looks absolutely sublime.

I always thought Bulgari was just a fashion brand, but with the movements they make, they're most certainly not.

Link to their new tourbillon here:

Buddy of mine has one on bracelet.
    He works in watch sales.

He is very positive about it.
    I have zero first hand experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Buddy of mine has one on bracelet.
    He works in watch sales.

He is very positive about it.
    I have zero first hand experience with it.
    The bracelet models do look excellent - really love the look of the bracelet and the finishing details.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Just seen their new Baselword release of the thinnest ever tourbillon, and it's got me looking at their Octo range...serious want for the Octo Finissimo Skeleton. It looks absolutely sublime.

I always thought Bulgari was just a fashion brand, but with the movements they make, they're most certainly not.
    Funny how perceptions take hold in one’s mind – you don’t employ Gerald Genta to design an iconic watch (the Bvlgari Bvlgari) in the 70s, and then purchase his company (as well as Daniel Roth’s), by being a maker of fashion watches.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Funny how perceptions take hold in one’s mind – you don’t employ Gerald Genta to design an iconic watch (the Bvlgari Bvlgari) in the 70s, and then purchase his company (as well as Daniel Roth’s), by being a maker of fashion watches.
    Interesting info, thank you. I have no idea of the company's history whatsoever! By fashion watch, I hadn't actually seen any of their watches, rather I'm aware of their clothing and jewellery and as such assumed there'd be watches in there somewhere, thus throwing about the rather dismissive 'fashion watch' term.

I'll certainly be looking more into their watches from now on.

Master
    I’ve tried the titanium(?) one with the offset sub seconds on leather and the skeleton on the bracelet. They wear beautifully and have a real feel of quality. I’d love to add one at some point.

Having looked again it was the finissimo ultra thin range I tried. Don’t think you’ll get them at the kind of money discussed but if anyone finds out I’m wrong, please point me in the right direction!!
    Last edited by cmcm3; 24th March 2018 at 00:56.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    I’ve tried the titanium(?) one with the offset sub seconds on leather and the skeleton on the bracelet. They wear beautifully and have a real feel of quality. I’d love to add one at some point.

Having looked again it was the finissimo ultra thin range I tried. Don’t think you’ll get them at the kind of money discussed but if anyone finds out I’m wrong, please point me in the right direction!!
    The Finissimo look to be 14k + I think? At least for the skeleton models. And my bad for tacking these and the new tourbillon onto this thread; it was the only place I saw that actually mentioned Bulgari Octo watches.

Master
    I tried on a titanium Finissimo on leather last year. Lovely piece, would be on the shortlist if I ever have twelve grand to spend on a watch.

Dave