closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1988 Adanac

Craftsman

1988 Adanac

Just finished restoring this, with a bit of help from one of our esteemed watch repairers on this forum. a few pics to whet the appetite, I will upload a few then & now photo#s at the weekeng
    Steve

Great result Steve

I really like these asymmetric cases where the crown guard is integrated in the case. Purchased a PRS82 for that exact reason although the "integration" is not as extreme as in the Adanac case. Looking forward to the then/now pictures.

/L

adanac

Very nice ... I've just got one on its way :-)

+1 (don't you just hate that) re longbear's post.

May I ask how you went about the renovation? I have one that is in need of a little TLC and a new bezel. Any hints and tips would be much appreciated.

Must say yours is looking very good indeed. Yep, I am suffering from envy at the moment!

Very nice! I had one of these, an '86 issue I believe, until recently. They are very solidly built.

Congratulations.

Myron

Craftsman
    I had a few parts in my watch box from years ago and regretted selling my previous adanacs, do after much searching I managed to source a non working example with what looked like a good dial and hands, I took a bit of a chance!.

there were a lot of problems, there had been water ingression at some stage and the crown appeared to be rusted in place.
    The stem broke in two once I had loosened the crown, the movement was totally rusted out!!

I managed to source a NOS rhonda movement from fleabay. The dial was in excellent condition with no Water damage on the face, the hands also were good but as with the dial suffering from a fair bit of tritium degredation.

I then spent ages cleaning everything up and reassembling, new stem, & crystal but I wasn't 100% happy with my amateurish efforts so it went to Duncan to do a 'deep' clean and to reassemble correctly(especially fitting the hands correctly!!)

Now reassembled

with a couple of it's American compatriates

and a few military friends

Steve

I see these are missing in your collection ;-)

Benrus Type I and II Class A

Journeyman
    Good job!!!

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

1988 adanac

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    I see these are missing in your collection ;-)

Benrus Type I and II Class A

These are the next on my list but not cheap and I'm worried about fakes.