closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: There's "genuine" and then there's "genuine"...

There's "genuine" and then there's "genuine"...

I've been looking out for a 22mm strap for a Glycine Airman, and this popped up on eBay today, from a Swiss seller called masterwatcher: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401084811451

The listing says "Genuine Glycine leather strap" and "Genuine Glycine buckle with Glycine logo on it" and in the Item Specifics the Brand is listed as "Glycine".

So I asked him:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK
    Can you please confirm that these are genuine Glycine straps, as I cannot see a Glycine name or logo anywhere on the leather in the photographs.
    and I received the response:
    Quote Originally Posted by masterwatcher
    Product is genuine OEM and made in our town, I bought the stock-lot from the OEM
    Keeper on strap is marked with the Glycine crown
    Buckles are marked Glycine and in SS316L surgeon steel

We do not sell so called after marked products
    We obviously have very different views on what the words "Genuine Glycine" mean!

I rather doubt many watch manufacturers actually make thier own straps, so I'd say thats as genuine as your likely to get....

I see it's "postage not specified"...did you find out how much that would cost, please?

And this Omega strap and clasp are "New with tags": 401083006797. I see no tags...

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I see it's "postage not specified"...did you find out how much that would cost, please?
    His listings say "free international shipping" within the description (although not in the correct Postage box, which surprises me, as sellers who offer free shipping cannot get less than 5 stars in the "shipping costs" category, so most savvy sellers will do this).

I'd be interested in the opinions of the Omegaphiles as to how genuine that strap is...
    Last edited by PhilipK; 9th March 2016 at 17:48.