Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Seiko Turtle PADI "Pepsi"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Anyone gone for the kinetic version?
    Is there a kinetic version?

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Is there a kinetic version?
    There aren't any kinetic Turtles, but there is a PADI kinetic special edition alongside the turtle.

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/produc...un065p1-so-657

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    There aren't any kinetic Turtles
    Thanks. I didn’t think so, but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by GS Overland View Post
    Hi Andy they look/feel great on an isofrane 22mm £72 new from watch obsession. The fat bars are a tight fit and even harder to remove from strap but can be done. My padi is now spending time on one of eddies deluxe nato's at present. Dave
    There are slightly smaller springbars available for a better fit. Same ends just smaller in the middle. Just ordered a few as I had a fat springbar stuck in an Obris Morgan rubber strap, and killed it trying to pull it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bad photo !-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davie0146 View Post

bad photo !-)
    Still looks great though.

Master
    Well I caved in and ordered it this morning from Jura watches and got a great deal on it so fingers crossed it isn't too big and heavy for me.

The sun 065 is very nice. I'm on the lookout for a new watch to go with my 007.

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Well I caved in and ordered it this morning from Jura watches and got a great deal on it so fingers crossed it isn't too big and heavy for me.
    no its actually surprisingly light, but that is on a nato. not had a chance to change the bracelet size. but i do prefer nato straps

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davie0146 View Post
    no its actually surprisingly light, but that is on a nato. not had a chance to change the bracelet size. but i do prefer nato straps
    I must admit I like NATO's as well so I might have a look at Eddie's as I don't really want to pay over £70 for an Isofrane.

Master
    They both look fantastic! The want is strong, the funds are low :(

Padi mark 2 is very nice

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Padi mark 2 is very nice

Wow that blue dial is superb!

Banned
    Wow, the PEPSI colours look great. Perhaps I'll be able to let go of the dream to purchase a 16710 or 1675 and go for a Turtle instead :)

Wonder if anyone is brave/daft enough to try with a red rubber strap?

Haven't picked up my Padi yet but here's the 779 on a red rubber nato,

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post

Looks great my friend!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Haven't picked up my Padi yet but here's the 779 on a red rubber nato,

That looks superb and really works

Master
    I am going to order the red rubber Zulu from Watchgecko I think it will look superb am I daft brave of plain stupid

I think it will great on the Padi if that red strap posted above is anything to go by.

I am going to order the red rubber Zulu from Watchgecko I think it will look superb am I daft brave of plain stupid

I think it will great on the Padi if that red strap posted above is anything to go by.
    Can't wait to see it

Just received a two-piece Zulu and a standard NATO from Sweden, both in navy & red... loving the look!

Craftsman
    I think I will jump on this red nato bandwagon, looks totally like it belongs there. Thanks for sharing those photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Padi mark 2 is very nice
    Glad you got sorted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    I think I will jump on this red nato bandwagon, looks totally like it belongs there. Thanks for sharing those photos.
    I agree and I am definitely ordering the red rubber NATO from Watchgecko

On the subject of straps for the Turtle, I forgot I had a new 22mm Seiko Flat Vent, so just popped it one of my Turtles. Really pleased with how it looks, but of a 'vintage seiko' look to it.

Master
    On the subject of straps for the Turtle, I forgot I had a new 22mm Seiko Flat Vent, so just popped it one of my Turtles. Really pleased with how it looks, but of a 'vintage seiko' look to it.

Looks great and that is a lovely turtle, I just ordered a red rubber Zulu for my new Padi!!!!!

Looks great and that is a lovely turtle, I just ordered a red rubber Zulu for my new Padi!!!!!
    Thanks, yeah I'm really happy with the 'Batman'. The blue hand looks much closer to the blue of the bezel IRL but they react differently to light in photos as you can see.

Thanks, yeah I'm really happy with the 'Batman'. The blue hand looks much closer to the blue of the bezel IRL but they react differently to light in photos as you can see.
    I really like that, can I ask where you purchased it from

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    I really like that, can I ask where you purchased it from

Steve

Thanks, I got it from www.watcheszon.com SRP787K1 is the model number.

I received mine from Jura - it's very slightly misaligned, but I think I can live with it. What I am struggling with however is these darned pin collars. I am playing around with the bracelet to try to get an optimum fit, but can't get the pin to fit the collar, in fact the collar is too small for the pin on the ones I've tried (unless I squeezed it by accident). Any tips on the easiest way to get these pins and collars to fit properly (other than take it to an expert, or give up and stick it on a nato)? I was considering buying the Strapcode Jubilee, but not if it also has these collars. How I prefer the screw-style pins.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I received mine from Jura - it's very slightly misaligned, but I think I can live with it. What I am struggling with however is these darned pin collars. I am playing around with the bracelet to try to get an optimum fit, but can't get the pin to fit the collar, in fact the collar is too small for the pin on the ones I've tried (unless I squeezed it by accident). Any tips on the easiest way to get these pins and collars to fit properly (other than take it to an expert, or give up and stick it on a nato)? I was considering buying the Strapcode Jubilee, but not if it also has these collars. How I prefer the screw-style pins.. Thanks!
    The way I did it was to locate the collars on the arrow side and push the pins from the other side, position a pin pushing tool in the pin side and lift the bracelet so it is resting on top of the tool (pushing the collar out of the top of the bracelet)

Then i tapped the collar down until it was flush and then using a second (slightly larger) tool tap the collar down as so both sides are recessed

There is maybe a better way but a few days later it is still on the wrist

Loving it by the way

Thanks Monty, that's very helpful. I've managed it! One problem was the collars were too tight to fit the pin, so I expanded them using two pin pusher ends (although not too far or collar won't fit in link end). I then followed your instructions to fit the pin, which worked a treat. I'm not sure how secure this is compared to screw pins with loctite - it may well still fall off...

I succumbed to the red nato above, so looking forward to that combo.

Thanks again!

Thanks Monty, that's very helpful. I've managed it! One problem was the collars were too tight to fit the pin, so I expanded them using two pin pusher ends (although not too far or collar won't fit in link end). I then followed your instructions to fit the pin, which worked a treat. I'm not sure how secure this is compared to screw pins with loctite - it may well still fall off...

I succumbed to the red nato above, so looking forward to that combo.

Thanks again!
    Excellent glad I could help, I was a little uneasy when I finished and I have removed the bracelet 3 times to check if I can get the pins any further into the collars and see if they have come loose but so far so good (each time I couldnt get them any tighter)

Being used to Strapcode bracelets the feel of this one has taken some getting used to but today i have realised it is just different and actually quite a good quality, I have just bought a mesh to try but will hold off the strapcode for now

Sorry, one more thing. Can one buy half links for these bracelets?

Agree the bracelet is a right pain to resize. Ive just received an original rubber strap from seiya japan, a high dome sapphire crystal with int AR coating from crystal time AND thinner spring bars with seiko fat ends from down under in OZ!!!!! First up crystal to be replaced by Cannop on here then pics to post once i remember how to access photobucket as its been a while.

Slightly better shot of the navy & red Zulu in case anyone else is considering this look. I have a NATO too and will no doubt switch over at some point soon.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Slightly better shot of the navy & red Zulu in case anyone else is considering this look. I have a NATO too and will no doubt switch over at some point soon.

I switch between the bracelet/NATO's and now the stock rubber, as i have thinner spring bars as well it might reside on an isofrane for a while now thou.

Banned
    LTF that looks spot on have you a link?

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    LTF that looks spot on have you a link?
    It's from cheapestnatostraps.com.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It's from cheapestnatostraps.com.
    OK thanks

Seiko SRPA21K1

Have mine on a navy nato from C&B.

Last edited by Bodo; 23rd August 2016 at 02:56.

Limited Edition?

Does anybody know if this is a limited edition?
    I am on the fence and would ideally like to try one for size before purchasing, but would be gutted if I miss out through dilly dallying...

It is not a limited edition just a special edition, the supply will be plentiful I imagine

Someone on Wus was quoting a figure of 1300 for the US. No idea if that's true or how that translates globally.

I find it suprising that the usual suspects like Creation don't seem to have it, that may suggest supply is limited.

They arnt numbered like a limited edition hence they are a soecial edition i gather any official seiko dealer can order them BUT who knows how long they will produce them for

Well, I noticed last night in Sainsbury's that a pin was coming out, and I had lost a collar. So, my link fitting was a failure after all! I did prise the collar open slightly to fit, obviously prised it too much - but without doing this, the pin wouldn't go into the collar (I bent my pusher tool trying this). As I'm now short on collars, I e-mailed Seiko UK, who said they couldn't send me new ones, but I could send it in for adjustment under warranty. Hassle and postage - but maybe my cheapest option. Or maybe I should ask Jura for some collars - and find somewhere in central Scotland to adjust it for me. Although it would be nice to be able to adjust it myself. I'm loathe to buy a Strapcode when this bracelet seems fine, other than these blasted pins and collars. Maybe I should stick to Rolex...

Anyhoo, story over.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie View Post
    Does anybody know if this is a limited edition?
    I am on the fence and would ideally like to try one for size before purchasing, but would be gutted if I miss out through dilly dallying...
    Just get one to try as that's what I am doing and if it's not right for you Jura will refund your money or you will easily get your money back selling it on here as it seems a really popular watch.

Well, I noticed last night in Sainsbury's that a pin was coming out, and I had lost a collar. So, my link fitting was a failure after all! I did prise the collar open slightly to fit, obviously prised it too much - but without doing this, the pin wouldn't go into the collar (I bent my pusher tool trying this). As I'm now short on collars, I e-mailed Seiko UK, who said they couldn't send me new ones, but I could send it in for adjustment under warranty. Hassle and postage - but maybe my cheapest option. Or maybe I should ask Jura for some collars - and find somewhere in central Scotland to adjust it for me. Although it would be nice to be able to adjust it myself. I'm loathe to buy a Strapcode when this bracelet seems fine, other than these blasted pins and collars. Maybe I should stick to Rolex...

Anyhoo, story over.
    The pins and collars just need two small flat ended tools, rest the bottom on one tool and press the top one, they snap in with a secure notch feeling. Takes a bit longer than other solutions but I found it ok to do.

On mesh anyone?

Master
    My red rubber NATO arrived today and wow it is superb now all I need is the watch!