closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 116610LV discontinued?

Craftsman

Rolex 116610LV discontinued?

A friend of mine just gave me a call that he went by the biggest AD in Holland to purchase a Hulk 116610LV and was told it was sold out and that they had just heard it was discontinued and that there would be no new stock. They didn't even offer to put him on a list, they were that adamant that the model was gone.
    I figured that can't be true and called another AD and they couldn't say anything about it and only offered to put me on their waiting list as they had no stock.

I haven't been keeping track of Rolex lately, but is the green Sub definitely gone? I couldn't find anything on Google, which made me suspicious that they will call him in a few days saying 'good news! We found one any way!'.

New colour for Baselworld announcement?

Still in stock at my AD but they may just be running existing stock

Master
    http://www.rolex.com/watches/submari...10lv-0002.html

It is still on their website with a price available.

Apprentice
    I haven't heard this rumour but can't see why they would stop producing a good seller

It may be true or may not be true.
    Rumors about Rolex discontinuing a model or their prices come up so often. Once in a while those rumors turn out to be true.
    If I had penny for every such rumor- Well, I would have a lot of pennies!

Hope this isn't true, I haven't got one yet.

Craftsman
    I really hope this is not true

Craftsman
    Ha ha. Double post by different people!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Rumors about Rolex discontinuing a model or their prices come up so often. Once in a while those rumors turn out to be true.
    Now this could be a very long thread

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I fully appreciate that sentiment as well. Like with the price increases there's always a lot of smoke and mirrors with Rolex. In this case it's 1 out of 2 ADs in Holland (we have 2 chains stocking Rolex) claiming something, I'm a bit more inclined to give them some credit, definitely more than 'a friend of a friend who knows a buddy who works for Rolex' thing.

Don't want to scare anyone, but also want to give my buddy some advice whether or not to go out of his way to chase the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozzy View Post
    I fully appreciate that sentiment as well. Like with the price increases there's always a lot of smoke and mirrors with Rolex. In this case it's 1 out of 2 ADs in Holland (we have 2 chains stocking Rolex) claiming something, I'm a bit more inclined to give them some credit, definitely more than 'a friend of a friend who knows a buddy who works for Rolex' thing.

Don't want to scare anyone, but also want to give my buddy some advice whether or not to go out of his way to chase the watch.
    No worries.
    Would be interesting to know -if someone can confirm or refute this.

Blog Entries
    Do keep me informed as I have a vested interest.
    Martyn

Master
    ]I realise people are trying to be helpful, but does this sort of vague thread actually
    help anyone in any way? Some guy is said to have said something, another guy might have said something else.....Prices in the Uk were all going up, but they didn't, and so on, and on. Would anyone really run around spending thousand of pounds on the basis of such accounts? Well, maybe so .
    But what if it does turn out to be discontinued....and a nicer model appears instead. Best to stay calm and remember...it is just a mass produced watch, there are thousands of them. Thousands. So, why worry?
    You can see this weirdness on Daytona threads. Yes, they have often gone at a premium. But look on a site like Chronos 24. There are, literally, thousands of Daytonas, several thousand listed as unused. Watch finder has about 150. How long can prices stay high when these items are freely available? Well, I suppose we will see. But these are mass produced goods, not rare at all ....and I speak as a Rolex owner. There was a time when production was quite small, but that era is well gone.
    Last edited by paskinner; 27th February 2016 at 05:00.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the forum is called watch talk, and guess what?, we are talking about watches.

Are you sure there are "literally" thousands of Daytonas, or are their thousands of options on Daytonas? What proportion of the Grey Dealers offering them actually have them in stock? What proportion of them simply know where they can find them? If every one of these invitations to purchase via a Grey Dealer was taken at the same moment, would the grey supply chain actually be able to fulfill it all?
    Last edited by Der Amf; 27th February 2016 at 09:27.

Blog Entries
    Chrono24 is showing them available new at dealers in the Netherlands

I never understood why they carried the green theme over to the ceramic subs tbh (weren't they to mark the now long gone 50th anniversary of the Sub?) - and I remember countless threads like this for years after the release of that original 16610LV. Wis Deja vu!

Continuing the pointless speculation - which as Seadog pointed out is what we do, talk about watches-
    If the green were to go what colour would you like to see on a steel model. Let's assume you can't have the blue .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Continuing the pointless speculation - which as Seadog pointed out is what we do, talk about watches-
    If the green were to go what colour would you like to see on a steel model. Let's assume you can't have the blue .
    I personally would love the "Pepsi" on steel as opposed to the white gold model at the mo and agreed all a bit pointless this speculation

yellow……………..

This yellow - it still has to be Rolex like - perhaps with a black bezel

How about a Sub with a dial like the Explorer 2 white with black ceramic bezel

Master
    I don't think they would do a black dial s/s pepsi GMT while the WG one is still current for the same reason that there's no blue face s/s Sub.

But what about a white face one like the old PanAm ?

How about a Sub with a dial like the Explorer 2 white with black ceramic bezel

Something a bit like

(I found this on Google search, I think it's from a TZ UK thread but when I tried to get to the source page it wouldn't load)

Master
    If and its a big if, it's discontinued would be interesting to see what they replace it with at Basel. Just cannot ever see a Pepsi option ont on the gmt let alone the sub as it would completely devalue the current Pepsi model. Who would ever pay 20k+ when there's a similar version in SS? Same goes for a blue colour, unless it's totally different the blue sub in white gold stops that.

I can see a yellow of some sort, or who knows they may totally go off piste and surprise everyone. That said the sub is a total classic imho (yes I do own one) and why reinvent the wheel? They'll probably do nothing :-)

Those white dial GMT's show a Rolex precedent so a version in a Sub would be rather nice.