closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Radio controlled wall clock for kitchen

Craftsman

Radio controlled wall clock for kitchen

Any recommendations for a decent clock that will set itself to UK time? I've just taken delivery of a handsome Junghans Max Bill clock that only works with the German DCF77 time signal transmitter :(

This one at JL is good. Avoid the cheap Acctim ones.
    http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnle..._2#page_loaded

Quote Originally Posted by neil62 View Post
    Any recommendations for a decent clock that will set itself to UK time? I've just taken delivery of a handsome Junghans Max Bill clock that only works with the German DCF77 time signal transmitter :(
    It should still work, I bought a couple off eBay some years ago which turned out to be German Aldi models on the German transmitter but they work fine.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Seiko make some nice ones
    I have one of these in the lounge

But they also make a more 'kitcheny' one

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    lounge
    That's a bit non-U. I had you down as more of a drawing room kind of chap.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    No it was in the library with the candle stick holder.

Feel like a like experimentation? On page 21 of your Junghans user manual it should say:

12h-set (2)
    the two contacts are to aid assembly of the hands by a clockmaker. if you accidentally touch the two contacts with a metallic object, the hands will move to the 12 o’clock position and remain there. to get the clock moving again remove the battery for at least 2 minutes and then insert it again as described under the start up instructions.

If you short the contacts, let the hands go to 12 o'clock and take out the battery you should be able to remove the hands and replace them at 11 o'clock, ie UK time. Replace the battery and your clock should operate as usual but 1 hour behind Central European time. Maybe someone local can do this for you, if you don't feel like attempting it yourself.

I see you're in London, like myself...dan Saff. Anthorn, the UK MSF transmitter, is up North. I've had a few problems getting clocks to receive MSF due to their positioning in the house (or the proximity of electronic equipment). There's always been somewhere that they work, but not necessarily where you want to hang them. As I mentioned in another thread (link) I prefer DCF77 clocks and watches but I have yet to own one that doesn't have the option to adjust the time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by neil62 View Post
    There might be a little button (probably well hidden) to change the time zone. I have a Junghans radio controlled watch that only syncs with Frankfurt, i.e. one hour ahead of UK time, but I can cycle through the timezones with a little pusher on the side. It's the only way to change the time if, say, you go on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMint View Post
    There might be a little button (probably well hidden) to change the time zone. I have a Junghans radio controlled watch that only syncs with Frankfurt, i.e. one hour ahead of UK time, but I can cycle through the timezones with a little pusher on the side. It's the only way to change the time if, say, you go on holiday.
    I can't see it mentioned in the user manual for the Max Bill Wall clock RC: link

Master
    I have this Seiko on in my kitchen - bought off eBay if I recall correctly:

Master
    Eddie is right - My Junghans works fine and my mother in laws Aldi special works fine.

Go on the web site for the clock and check

B

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    The lounge is for entertaining guests, the drawing room is for brandy and cigars, hence no clock as you cannot rush a good cigar, or brandy for that matter.
    In the library we do not have candle sticks old bean, we have that new invention gas lights ;)

Aldi did a brilliant one at the end of last year. Digital with time,date, moon phase, and temperature.
    Perhaps too much information.
    As an aside my Junghans mega captures the German time broadcast and work well in Lincolnshire

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Eddie is right - My Junghans works fine and my mother in laws Aldi special works fine.

Go on the web site for the clock and check

B
    Junghans have made clocks that receive the MSF signal (link) but I don't see that mentioned for the OP's Max Bill model:

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I can't see it mentioned in the user manual for the Max Bill Wall clock RC: link

This has been perfect for me. Easy to read and nothing to do................................

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o03_s00