closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rant about IKEA just to make me feel better.

Rant about IKEA just to make me feel better.

Just had our bedroom made larger so needed new wardrobes, drawers and bedside table.

First mistakes was driving to IKEA lakeside, what should be an hour and a quarter drive max took two hours there and three hours home, on Wednesday.

Next mistake was thinking that the staff knew what they were doing, most of the order was to be delivered at a reasonable cost of £35, but a few items are what they call self serve, door handles and small bits. You either pick those and pay for them or they pick and add to your order for an extra £10.

Ordered Wednesday formfriday delivery (good I though) the two delivery guys carried all the items to the room where it was needed, in this case upstairs all 36 boxes! Not till they had gone and I started to assemble I realised I have two wardrobes needed img four doors yet they delivered and charged for Nine, four doors needs 4 packs of hinges, they delivered nine, after 30 minutes trying to get through on the phone they agreed to collect and credit me for them.

After a few hours of building I have now discovered that for my 1 meter wardrobes they have sent 75 cm rails so I'm now back on hold waiting to tell them what I think of their system! On a plus side the hold music the same as when I last called so I know Mr Brihtside is coming up next!

Another thing was both delivery drivers asked if they could use my toilet and both had a crap! Who does that in another persons house?
    Last edited by justin44; 20th February 2016 at 17:17.

That's outrageous - who shits in someone else's house like that? Scumbags. Don't they know that's what McDonald's is for?
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 20th February 2016 at 14:50.

Let's just hope the wash basket wasn't in there :(

Sounds like a dump to me. Employees included.

Master
    DRAWERS

IT'S DRAWERS

NOT DRAWS

THATS MY RANT

Master
    Try ordering a kitchen. It's a lesson in patience!

Master
    The technical term for using McDonalds for this is a 'McSh1t*.

If they challenge you on the way to the toilet and tell you that you have to buy something to use the restroom, and you say that you need to go first but will then buy a hamburger, it's known as a 'McSh1t with lies'.

I'd be just as upset about strangers sitting on my toilet seat. I swore off Ikea after returning a light 3 times. And as for the people that tend to wander around aimlessly getting in your way - well in my view they deserve a little "tap" with a trolley despite what my wife says

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    DRAWERS

IT'S DRAWERS

NOT DRAWS

THATS MY RANT
    Corrected, I hope I ease your anguish. Lol.

Journeyman
    I thought it was just me, as everytime i have been to Ikea it has been the most horrible shopping experience. But its always swarming with customers especially at the weekend I avoid it like the plague. The strange thing is I quite like a lot of Ikea stuff but as said I find it an awful shopping experience. I dont think the employees have any more idea than me about what accessories go with what, I could probably do just as well as them advising customers what bits are needed for what.

Thats my rant over now, I`m off to shop online!

Master
    What a bleeding liberty!

They probably cracked one out whilst they were at it as well...I know I would!

Its good for the prostate.

Another thing was both delivery drivers asked if they could use my toilet and both had a crap!
    You could of course have said NO to that request.
    I do wonder if they rolled a dice or drew straws to see who was gonna go first
    Did they leave any skidmarks ??

How do you know both had a crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    It gets better haha

Bog roll sheet count perhaps ??

It's a well known fact that delivery drivers use a customers toilet for a crap if they're treated like shite and expected to carry goods to an exact location in the house rather than just drop to an address, especially if no tea or coffee is offered..

:D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    It gets better haha

Bog roll sheet count perhaps ??
    Come on no one counts toilet paper by the sheet!. Life is too short.

I draw a thin line on the side of the roll from the inner roll out to the rim.

Then periodically I measure it in mm and then plot the resuts in a graph. If I see an unusual trend developing I investigate and use elliot wave theory to forecast down range by a few days.

My sample rate is only every couple of days with any real level of accuracy but I am thinking of upping my fibre.

I feel this gives me adequate oversight of the consumption situation , any more than this would be too anal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    DRAWERS

IT'S DRAWERS

NOT DRAWS

THATS MY RANT
    It's that's

Not thats

:)

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think this may be a little worse than you think.
    I used to have a mate who works for the Ikea in Wembley and the drivers had a competition to take a photo of customer's tooth brushes in their poo. I think one of th fellas was sacked for it.
    Not sure if its company wide but I reckon you might want to invest on some new tooth brushes.
    Or at least give your ones a smell.

Craftsman
    I've heard their stuff is decent quality, but I just can't bring myself to go there - it's torture.

I once heard of a friend of a friend's friend who's house was burgled way back in the late 70's/early 80's (when Polaroid cameras were vogue).
    It was about 2 -3 weeks later they found hidden, some of said Polaroids of their toothbrushes stuck where the sun don't shine of the burglars.

Ooooohhh, I wanna heave.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    It's that's

Not thats

:)
    I was in a rage!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post

Then periodically I measure it in mm and then plot the resuts in a graph. If I see an unusual trend developing I investigate and use elliot wave theory to forecast down range by a few days.

My sample rate is only every couple of days with any real level of accuracy but I am thinking of upping my fibre.

I feel this gives me adequate oversight of the consumption situation , any more than this would be too anal.
    Seems long winded, I just check my secret camera and see who uses what.

Absolute classic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Time spent and skid marks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I think this may be a little worse than you think.
    I used to have a mate who works for the Ikea in Wembley and the drivers had a competition to take a photo of customer's tooth brushes in their poo. I think one of th fellas was sacked for it.
    Not sure if its company wide but I reckon you might want to invest on some new tooth brushes.
    Or at least give your ones a smell.
    Thankfully no tooth brushes in the downstairs we.

Master
    If both drivers were in the bathroom at the same time you may have stumbled on a flashmob cottaging group.

I know the police have cracked down in my area because of all the trouble George Michael caused. However all this accomplished was driving the cottaging circuit underground.

As a result this sort of tawdry practice is only going to become more widespread. You should also warn your neighbours on the troubles they are likley to face if you allow random trades people to setup clandestine rough trade arenas in your privvy. Cottagers are territorial , they will return given an opportune climate.

And don't think that women can't cottage too. Many a hapless bathroom owner has been caught out by that one.

As Dave has suggested hidden cameras are your best bet for both security ,enjoyment and profit.

I never thought I would see the words 'ikea flash mob cottaging group' all in the same place....

It gets worse, they came to collect the 5 unwanted doors, 5 unwanted hinges and three wardrobe rails that were 75 cm instead of 100cm and they replaced the 3 white 75cm rails with 3 grey 100cm rails, I said they should be white, driver rang his office and they said that's what I ordered! Why would I order white rails first time to fit my white wardrobe and grey the second time!

You have my deep sympathies (and I'm laughing as well, sorry). I'm 1 - 1 with IKEA. They gave me two right hand draw sliders with a desk. It took three deliveries from the factory before I ended up with 11 right hand drawer sliders and 1 left hand slider. On the last call I suggested they check the contents of the box marked left hand sliders in their warehouse - turned out it had been full of right hand sliders.

Fast forward to my next run in - blue wardrobe doors shipped with a white wardrobe. This time we didn't mess around and went into full outraged customer mode, insisting they came and collected the incorrect doors that afternoon and replaced them immediately. After 10 minutes the customer services agent asked if we were sure that we had removed the blue protective film from the wardrobe doors. I peeled the blue film off the now white doors and left my wife to do the apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I peeled the blue film off the now white doors and left my wife to do the apologies.

Coward ! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I peeled the blue film off the now white doors and left my wife to do the apologies.
    Brilliant

Master
    This is all very interesting fellas however the question remains.

Did the drivers again have a bongo bongo party in the lavvy?

Not this time, as soon as I went in to grumpy Tourette's git about the rails, all they wanted to do get in their van and go home.

Thomas Reid
    I too recently got a couple of stools from Ikea. (Ones that I ordered, however!) Delivered exactly when expected, well made, easy to put together, and a good deal.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Crap service.......

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier View Post
    I too recently got a couple of stools from Ikea. (Ones that I ordered, however!) Delivered exactly when expected, well made, easy to put together, and a good deal.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    At least you got the right Stools Bob

Craftsman
    Once bought a chest of drawers from Ikea. It's a 50 mile round trip to my nearest store so got up early on a Saturday only to find people queuing at locked doors. The doors opened and there was some pushing and barging to get in so I thought great it must be a sale day maybe I'll get it cheaper. Turns out it wasn't a sale day just sad people so desperate to get in!!

Waited for the mass to subside then bombed it through the one way, cutting off corners, taking short cuts across displays, it was like a race. It actually seemed some people were put out I'd legitimately weaved through and got in front.

Pleased with my performance I got a large undamaged box (weighed about 40kg) from the warehouse and proceeded home as the car park was filling at a ridiculous rate. One thing they have got right is the way they pack them boxes. It's quite amazing how they get it all in there. Anyway unpacking the box with bits everywhere and I find one of the corners is smashed off a piece.

Somewhat dismayed I tried to ring to see if I could just get that piece replaced but the phones were useless. After resigning myself to the fact I had to go back I tried unsuccessfully to repack the box and drove back. The car park was overflowing, people double parked, on verges, just everywhere with no consideration. Eventually got a space and manhandled the box to the returns.

At this point you have to take a number from a machine as there are loads of other people taking stuff back. Just listening to some of the reasons people were trying to get refunds were comical. If it's broken, give a refund. If it's the incorrect shade of white tell them to p*55 off they should have checked.

Anyway it my turn and I explain the situation and there's no issue with an exchange. Now at this point I've wasted hours of my life, will have driven 100 miles by the time I get home so the least I'd expect is that they go and get you the replacement unit. But no, they have the audacity to make you go and get it yourself. Now as a business model it's great, but as a customer it's just a bloody insult.

I complain somewhat that I have no intention of walking around they're crappy one way system with the store overflowing with people and what are the my options. Eventually I'm advised to go through the till the wrong way straight into the warehouse. Like a total IKEA rebel I stride through and score another set which fortunately turn out OK.

In a business sense they have it very right, and I guess you get what you pay for, but I'll never go back there again as it's just not worth the agro if things aren't right.

Banned
    What's this Ikea you speak of.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I think the medical term for your condition is xenodefecatumhabiliphobia.

A few months ago, I ordered eight PAX wardrobes. We chose what we wanted in-store, and bought the handles etc. I ordered the wardrobesonline, with delivery. They delivered exactly what I had ordered, on the arranged day. So no complaints from me. I was also impressed by the quality - flat pack has come on a bit.

I went to Lakeside a couple of weeks ago, and had a similar experience on the roads - it's the A13 road works. Heaven knows how bad it is for commuters.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've used IKEA stuff for years and always found it great quality for the price. However, the last two things I've put together had a marked difference in quality to the previous offerings. I've got a load more to buy soon as I'll be moving so I'm hoping that these two were just flukes as I really like their stuff.

Master
    It's a very smart business model. They put the kitchen displays right in the middle without shortcut options, as everyone buys kitchen accessories there so everyone goes through the whole shop (even against the one-way system). You always leave with more things than you intended to buy, and of course there is the infamous furniture construction hell with the allen keys and the crazy drawings. OTOH, they have some decent stuff, especially accessories like lamps and small furniture. You'll have a hard time finding cheaper LED bulbs. And the restaurant is not bad - cheap and decent food. As the Swedes are quite into thinhs like salmon salads you can also eat there if you have a food allergy - we use the new IKEA here in the sticks in central France as a midday meal stop on our rare shopping raids to the big city, instead of other fast food joints (the one in Clermont-Ferrand has a restaurant with a view of volcanoes). But you must try to avoid weekends, Fridays and school holidays.
    It is one of the best examples of monster-scale dehumanized consumerism. But practical if you are on a budget.

They now team up with a company that builds your units for you, the example we had was to build two wardrobes, two bedside cabinets and a dressing table was £160 which I thoughts was a good price, trouble is you have to have delivery one day then they come another, throw in the fact things were wrong I'd have had to have another day off for redelivery and another day for the guys to come and finish the job.

IKEA can be tricky to deal with right enough, but boy is some of their stuff cheap for the quality. Two examples: their superb upper range mattresses and top end duvets. And then there's the irritating: a perfectly reasonable king sized bed frame with absolutely daft slats that are just a bit too short...

they probably had a bongo bongo in the van on the way back - hence the duo-defecation colon-emptying session
    Last edited by Xantiagib; 24th February 2016 at 14:23.

Master
    Some really funny replies to this thread