closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Robinson (Altrincham) robbed yet again.

David Robinson (Altrincham) robbed yet again.

My usual AD in my home town done again!
    Allegedly 2 Range Rovers stopped the traffic, allowing a Jaguar to smash through the shop front!
    I know most of the staff there, so fingers crossed there were no injuries caused.
    Occurred around 1700 today.

Apprentice
    Only in Cheshire would ram-raiders use a Jag… Blocking the traffic with Range Rovers is inspired. They seem to do that in normal everyday driving.

I live in Southport - with the amount of pensioners here the ram raid would probably be done on a mobility scooter…

Craftsman
    Mental

Although I have zero love for David Robinson (albeit the Manchester store) I feel for the staff. It must have been a scary few minutes

That would be rather scary.

Master
    FFS. Also my home town until August. I bet they're getting very tired of this stuff there and must be pretty scared by it all. Probably a good target for the a-holes because its so close to the M56 which is in the opposite direction from where the police would likely come from

Journeyman
    Sad to see this happen again in such a short space of time at my local AD. Must have been scary for the staff.

Craftsman
    Hope staff/bystanders all ok and not too shook up.

So, you state your location is Highlands, Scotland but Altrincham is your hometown. Hmmm, interesting. Could you explain to the court Mr Cregan what you were doing in Altrincham on the day the robbery took place, and what exactly is your relationship with the staff of David Robinson?

Master
    What scum. God forbid they worked for their money. Hope the staff are unharmed. That shop must be barely breaking even with their insurance costs and security installations / new glass!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    So, you state your location is Highlands, Scotland but Altrincham is your hometown. Hmmm, interesting.
    Both are true and I have a witness who places me well away from the crime scene too!

Master
    These idiots usually get caught and sentenced, but that's not such exciting news for the media and so there are always fresh divvies waiting to try the same and thinking it's a low risk crime.

It's not victimless : this is one further reason that retail margins have to be a few percent more than they would otherwise need to be.

Symapthies to them all, hope no one hurt and that they recover quickly.

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 19th February 2016 at 19:41.

Master
    Haywood, any update on your Liverpool shop? (fire damage rather than robbery, I know)...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Haywood, any update on your Liverpool shop? (fire damage rather than robbery, I know)...
    Thankyou for asking; we were able to reopen it late in January, very much as good as before, no stock loss and all AOK. Insurers looking on course for a solid performance and no-one hurt, so it becomes another part of our history and we move on.

Wouldn't wish to detract from the DMR story, though. This is dreadful for their staff.

H

Master
    Glad to hear it Haywood!

Master
    Just been getting some details about what's been taken :-(

H

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Just been getting some details about what's been taken :-(

H

Oh crumbs, that doesn't sound good.

Apprentice
    Did something very similar to my local dealer lister horsfall in Halifax
    Complete scum

Very bad. 2 vehicles stopping traffic and another smashing into the shop? These are proper hardened criminals and hopefully no one hurt, although anyone working there won't forget that day in a hurry. All the best to the staff.

Master
    If I remember correctly that window was the Rolex display with Omega round the other side. Might be wrong

Edit. I'm a plonker. The Rolex crown logos platered all over the wall suggest I'm correct!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

It's not victimless : this is one further reason that retail margins have to be a few percent more than they would otherwise need to be.
    A fact, often overlooked. We all pay for the actions of these scumbags in a round about way.

Have heard from Hugh the manager there. All ok but quite shook up.

Malc

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm68 View Post
    Have heard from Hugh the manager there. All ok but quite shook up.

Malc

Saw Hugh talking to the Police on a photo I chose not to post.
    Good to hear the staff are ok, and being shook up is totally understandable.

Master
    Hope the Police have some solid leads to pursue as this is scary for anyone caught up in it. You have to assume they see the risks as worthwhile so maybe that tells us everything about either the sentencing or their desperation!

Diplomatic words from HM below, had to smile at a solid performance from the insurers as recall how much he said he paid a while back and it certainly underlined why bricks and mortar had to be more expensive than a shop in the ether.

Master
    What scum. God forbid they worked for their money. Hope the staff are unharmed. That shop must be barely breaking even with their insurance costs and security installations / new glass!
    Why work when you can get your money easily. This is what they do for a living. They will know what the items are worth and each man got Ł5k then how quick do you get Ł5k. No doubt the cars will be stolen but these are hardened criminals not chancers. Can't understand why shops like DR don't have bollards in front of them either at the kerb or in front of the shop.

The ram raid Jaguar was left behind, so obviously stolen. Swines!

Master
    [quote not working AGAIN!]:
    "Can't understand why shops like DR don't have bollards in front of them either at the kerb or in front of the shop."

Planning permission, probably!

Might trip up a pensioner.

Master
    Utterly shocking. So glad there are no injuries. There's someone locally claiming to have a video of it all with the robbers escaping in an Audi.

"Can't understand why shops like DR don't have bollards in front of them either at the kerb or in front of the shop."

They can put the equivalent on their property if they want them.

Can't even put up an A frame outside my shop without threats of legal action from the council, so good luck will bollards.

Master
    I get the planning regs but put the bollards kerbside and paint them black/gold etc. I'm sure I've seen that in other towns. What cost is the bad publicity and the work that has to go on closing/opening the road and ensuring the property is safe. Range Rovers and Audi - the criminals choice!

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    I get the planning regs but put the bollards kerbside and paint them black/gold etc. I'm sure I've seen that in other towns. What cost is the bad publicity and the work that has to go on closing/opening the road and ensuring the property is safe. Range Rovers and Audi - the criminals choice!
    But your using common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    The ram raid Jaguar was left behind, so obviously stolen. Swines!
    You mean they didn't ram raid using their own car? They must be criminals!

Master
    Ha id love to ram my volvo into them and be a hero. Then run. Run for my life.

Master
    Awful. Can you imagine the shock from the impact?! Must have been terrifying!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Escaped in a merc, not an Audi, confirming my assumption that all Mercedes A45 drivers are cockwombles

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Those are usually along a whole street, not outside random shops which might think they're important enough to warrant them.

Craftsman
    That's really bad

Some people are unbelievable. Did you see the recent video of the guy who stuck is leg out and tripped up a criminal that a copper was chasing. That put a big smile on my face. I'm glad nobody was hurt in this instance.

I can't believe this has happened again!

Glad Hugh and everyone is OK. It's such a shame that people who are just trying to make a living have this sort of thing to contend with. Must be scary. I really feel for them.

Wow, I thought we had a problem here in Italy with East Europe military organized scumbags, but they sure aint fooling around there in the video, and in the daylight too!

Craftsman
    You have to ask why on earth would an insurance company allow a full length drop security glass to be installed ? Surely this is asking for exactly what happened . If the glass was set on a plinth 2-3 feet higher it would reduce the risk quite considerably .
    Just shows how badly the glass was fitted as the whole sheet just came out in one piece .
    This polycarbonate stuff is not cheap either but at least it should be fitted correctly in the most sensible way !
    Hardly surprising this happened imo

So, what do they do with these watches?

The 'headlines' will reflect the retail value of these watches, but they are identifiable stolen goods with no papers or boxes, and presumably models of mixed desirability.

Do they end up abroad?

Craftsman
    QUOTE=Geneve;3879752]The 'headlines' will reflect the retail value of these watches, but they are identifiable stolen goods with no papers or boxes, and presumably models of mixed desirability.

Do they end up abroad?[/QUOTE]

I always wonder the same thing, I also wonder who would be stupid enough to buy them as they can never be returned for service or repair. I imagine they could be stripped and sold on as parts.

I hope they are caught and the staff in Robinsons are all doing ok

Master
    it seems like a lot of criminality(potential prison time) for a relatively small reward at the end of it.

Master
    You need two things to happen to reduce this sort of nasty crime. First, a very high probability of. Being caught and, secondly, serious jail sentences.
    As has been mentioned, these watches are probably sold for very little. Pathetic crime by pathetic criminals.

I watched the video and thought I was watching a scene from a Guy Richey film.

Thugs have been able to organise themselves to the extent where they have a new Mercedes A45 AMG, a new Jag XF and new Range Rovers at their disposal, to carry out a robbery like this, in a fairly orderly manner in broad daylight.

Found it almost unbelievable to watch and I'm not someone who's easily shocked.

Master
    Organised clearly but frankly they looked pretty bloody clumsy. Falling over, knocking the display over. Getaway car with all doors closed, no-one really keeping watch whilst the buffoons stuffed their bags.

What a pity the driver of the truck didn't block their escape.

I feel dreadfully sorry for the poor staff, hopefully they're all ok.

Master
    The current trend is for a team to fly in from Eastern Europe for the day, the target having been "cased" by a separate team weeks earlier, usually filming the store and surroundings on mobile phones.

The main team will be out of the country and their booty either with them or following behind soon after. Very few police forces can move fast enough to deal with villains who have left the country that rapidly.

These, and smaller credit card fraudster teams working the same way, are known as "day-trippers." Yes, the UK has its own number of these who go and commit their own crimes abroad on a 24-hr return ticket.

Such watches as these will commonly end up sold in Eastern Europe or other parts of the world where a comparison with the "Wild West" would not be inappropriate. They may hit the radar years later, but that's no concern to the crooks.

A recent development is for the gangs also to light fires or fix chains across surrounding roads to delay police response.

Haywood