closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam Beautiful Straps

Hybrid View

Vietnam Beautiful Straps

http://www.vietnambeautiful.com/

Just purchased 3 gator straps from Tung, friendly chap. Arriving in about 3 weeks time. Will post photos here then.

Couldn't resist getting myself of of em' custom gator belts, a steal considering it's genuine.

P.S. Do clear your browsing history to avoid a potential bicker or two as the URL is a bit dodgy
    Last edited by Dan95; 15th March 2016 at 16:05.

ETA 20-30 days.

Bought the orange strap for a friend of mine, intended use was for his Speedy Reduced... That's before I realised the lug-lug size is 38mm

I hope they are not real gator. I'm guessing not at £16. Otherwise you may be in for a lot of trouble with the CITES regulations.

Edit. Just saw you have a real gator belt incoming. Not good. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I hope they are not real gator. I'm guessing not at £16. Otherwise you may be in for a lot of trouble with the CITES regulations.

Edit. Just saw you have a real gator belt incoming. Not good. :(
    Fingers crossed

Farmed animals (if any consolation), purportedly for their meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan95 View Post
    Fingers crossed

I don't think it matters they're farmed if you don't have the necessary paperwork in advance. At least that's how it is in Finland and I'm guessing it's the same in all EU. I would get my reptiles from within the EU for peace of mind.

I hope they come past customs without trouble.

Fingers crossed

This is what the EU has to say:

Captive Breeding and Artificial Propagation

Since trade in animals that were born and bred in captivity and in plants that were artificially propagated does not have the same potential impact on wild populations of fauna and flora, CITES and the EU Wildlife Trade Regulations include provisions that are less strict for trade in such specimens.

I imagine Vietnam has something similar.

Edit: After having posted the above I looked into this some more and I'm struggling to find anything that says a CITES certificate isn't needed. Was there any paperwork with what they sent to you, the OP, please?

I'm guessing that even if one was needed, if it's already through customs you'll be OK unless an official asks you where you got them at some point in the future.
    Last edited by PickleB; 7th March 2016 at 18:45.

The upcoming three weeks or so would be less than settling

...image...

ETA 20-30 days.

Bought the orange strap for a friend of mine, intended use was for his Speedy Reduced... That's before I realised the lug-lug size is [3]18mm
    The straps look good...and a slight correction.

It's nice to see reptiles being put to good use.

Master
    hi,i have a crocodile strap from this vietnam seller,definately real crocodile and super value for money, looks a treat on one of my omega's,have another custom made to order strap on its way from them now..

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi,i have a crocodile strap from this vietnam seller,definately real crocodile and super value for money, looks a treat on one of my omega's,have another custom made to order strap on its way from them now..
    How long did it take to reach your doorsteps?

In hindsight, shouldn't have ordered the bloody belt

It's the belt you'll get jail time for.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    It's the belt you'll get jail time for.
    It shouldn't be too bad, after all its free board and lodgings for a couple of months

You may have just enough time to buy some Taylor Swift perfume from SC to take with you. It might ease your passage

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    It shouldn't be too bad, after all its free board and lodgings for a couple of months

You may have just enough time to buy some Taylor Swift perfume from SC to take with you. It might ease your passage
    More worried about not getting my daily dose of ArchieLuxury in the can.

Master
    How long did it take to reach your doorsteps?

In hindsight, shouldn't have ordered the bloody belt
    about two weeks,i think,the seller is also on ebay and is a helpful chap..

I'm waiting on two to arrive too from Tuan. photos of straps arrived yesterday.

Burgundy strap's the next one on my list

Using a deployant I see. Nice!

Arrived today.

The stitching is a little inconsistent, but when you're wearing it, it's not that noticeable.

The strap is very soft and supple (my initial fear is that it may be a little too soft, but we'll see).

I am a little disappointed in the thread colour - It looked very YELLOW in the initial photo, but is a more orangey gold in the 'flesh' and doesn't really match the yellow on the Seamaster dial, sadly (my photo doesn't reflect it either, to be fair...).

For the money, I'm happy, but I may have to find another watch to wear it on...

M.
    Last edited by snowman; 27th April 2016 at 14:33.

Looks pretty cool from my screen. Stitching indeed a little uneven. On stock straps you can see that upfront luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Looks pretty cool from my screen. Stitching indeed a little uneven. On stock straps you can see that upfront luckily.
    To be fair, they send a photo (which I posted before) before they ship, so I could (had I not been busy on holiday ) have said I wasn't happy had I paid more attention.

Whether it would have been much better had I done so, I can't say.

M.
    Last edited by snowman; 27th April 2016 at 14:38.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    To be fair, they send a photo (which I posted before) before they ship, so I could (had I not been busy on holiday ) have said I wasn't happy had I paid more attention.

Whether it would have been much better had I done so, I can't say.

M.
    Perhaps one of those Omega buckles on eBay would do wonders to the outlook of the watch

Master
    this arrived today,dark green hornback crocodile 25mm to 22mm custom made for me for my PRS30,cost about £20 inc post..[sorry for cr@p iphone pic]...........

this arrived today,dark green hornback crocodile 25mm to 22mm custom made for me for my PRS30,cost about £20 inc post..[sorry for cr@p iphone pic]...........

On the website the strap thickness is quoted as 1.8 - 2mm, can you tell me if this is correct please ? It seems a little on the thin side if that's accurate.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    On the website the strap thickness is quoted as 1.8 - 2mm, can you tell me if this is correct please ? It seems a little on the thin side if that's accurate.
    Ones I have ordered are

Blue gray
    - size 22mm/20mm (can't curved on lugs)
    - lenght 120mm/75mm
    - thickness:* 2mm-5mm (padded)
    - Holes: 5 standard holes 2mm

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Ones I have ordered are

Blue gray
    - size 22mm/20mm (can't curved on lugs)
    - lenght 120mm/75mm
    - thickness:* 2mm-5mm (padded)
    - Holes: 5 standard holes 2mm
    Thanks for that, 2-5mm looks more like it. I'll have a better look at the site when I'm on my Mac, I viewed it on a mobile earlier. I look forward to your opinions on the straps when they arrive.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    hi,i specified padded to 5mm and thats what i got,it thins down at the buckle area obviously,contact tuan, he's a very helpful pleasant chap and keen to do business,tell him what you want ,a couple of weeks later,he will email you thats its ready,another two weeks in the post and there you are, a custom made one off strap for your watch..quick cr@p photo's on the wrist ......................
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 10th March 2016 at 20:26.

hi,i specified padded to 5mm and thats what i got,it thins down at the buckle area obviously,contact tuan, he's a very helpful pleasant chap and keen to do business,tell him what you want ,a couple of weeks later,he will email you thats its ready,another two weeks in the post and there you are, a custom made one off strap for your watch..quick photo on the wrist ....

Thanks for that, very helpful. I've been looking for something like this for a while for my Archimede Deck Watch, looks like I'll be ordering soon!
    F.T.F.A.

Straps are here!

Took 8 days to arrive! Having an urge to get more... Better than expected!

Picked one of these straps up today a brown crocodile strap. Took about 2 weeks to arrive and came with spring bars and buckle. First thing I noticed that it was starting to come away slightly just where the padding was on the fold of the skin on the strap. Not a massive issue but as a consequence, cant see it lasting very long. Slightly pointless sending it back to Vietnam for a replacement and as I say, it will probably last a while but at some point I guess the tear will increase and the strap will eventually split.

Pity really as I would have probably bought a few from them, the stitching by the way I thought was pretty good and was certainly more even than the one below.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Picked one of these straps up today a brown crocodile strap. Took about 2 weeks to arrive and came with spring bars and buckle. First thing I noticed that it was starting to come away slightly just where the padding was on the fold of the skin on the strap. Not a massive issue but as a consequence, cant see it lasting very long. Slightly pointless sending it back to Vietnam for a replacement and as I say, it will probably last a while but at some point I guess the tear will increase and the strap will eventually split.

Pity really as I would have probably bought a few from them, the stitching by the way I thought was pretty good and was certainly more even than the one below.
    Notified Tuan? I find him receptive to criticism.

Notified Tuan? I find him receptive to criticism.
    Yes I sent him an e-mail and in short he acknowledged that the problem could occur with the strap and offered to have the watch sent back to him to replace. Didn't really want to go to all the hassle sending a watch strap back to Vietnam and as I said, I will last a while but I can see it coming undone at some point.

Like I say pity, as I would have certainly ordered a few from him.

Looks excellent for price

All 3 look great.

All 3 look great.
    Thanks Andy!

In hindsight, I should've ordered a 135mm x 55mm strap more suited for the deployant clasp, instead of the standard 115mm x 75mm.

I like that blue one. A sort of understated subtle injection of colour.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post
    I like that blue one. A sort of understated subtle injection of colour.
    I think the dye came off a tad. It's supposed to look like the one Andy posted earlier. Am a happy camper regardless!

I think the dye came off a tad. It's supposed to look like the one Andy posted earlier. Am a happy camper regardless!
    I think I prefer the softer blue than the brighter personally.

How do you like thickness ?

But I'll not lie - it kind of put s me off that they are selling belts with fake Hermes buckles. Really puts me off.

Any more indication of the veracity of these being farmed crocodiles?

I'm tempted, but still a little sceptical about them being above board (not least, as someone else mentioned, because they sell fake goods).

M.

Any more indication of the veracity of these being farmed crocodiles?

I'm tempted, but still a little sceptical about them being above board (not least, as someone else mentioned, because they sell fake goods).

M.
    Why wouldn't they used farmed crocodiles:

...?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Because it might be cheaper to poach wild ones?

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_23216109.htm

M.

Because it might be cheaper to poach wild ones?

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_23216109.htm

M.
    Given their rarity, I don't think it would be cheaper. But it is a valid point and I may be wrong.

Vietnam Beautiful has a presence on eBay.com (anhtuantom1) and so I'd have thought that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service would have been on the case if there is a problem. In that case, wouldn't we see lots about this on the US forums etc? Maybe I've missed it? All I found was an exchange between a supplier in Vietnam and Gary of Watch Obsession.

How do you like thickness ?
    Said the bishop to the actress...
    Last edited by PickleB; 16th March 2016 at 11:38.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Vietnam Beautiful has a presence on eBay.com (anhtuantom1) and so I'd have thought that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service would have been on the case if there is a problem. In that case, wouldn't we see lots about this on the US forums etc? Maybe I've missed it? All I found was an exchange between a supplier in Vietnam and Gary of Watch Obsession.
    Possibly.

I'm not suggesting I have any evidence these aren't farmed (and I wouldn't be interested if I did), but I'm equally not seeing much (beyond their statement) that they are ,which I take with a pinch of salt...

I'm assuming there's nothing arriving with these straps to support the assertion?

M.

Master
    hi, it seems he is on an enforced holiday from ebay.i have ordered a custom strap from him via his website and its business as usual..

Craftsman
    hi, it seems he is on an enforced holiday from ebay.i have ordered a custom strap from him via his website and its business as usual..
    Enforced holiday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Did you receive this OK? Judging by his final eBay feedback he seems to have let a few people down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Hi Danish,
    All crocodile leather get from Crocodile Farmed (not from natural) .
    Regards.
    Tuan"

Arrived ,stitching looks better than most I have seen. You can smell chemicals but first appearance looks money well spent.

Am loving the blue strap Andy!

I couldn't resist putting through another order of 2 straps, this time with larger scales (as in the example below).