closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Bremont's

New Bremont's

What do people think of the new models? I like them. Although not sure if the white MB2 is a bit close to the Solo?

http://www.bremont.com/collection/new-releases
    Last edited by dougair; 11th February 2016 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    What do people think of the new models? I like them. Although not sure if the white MB2 is a bit close to the Solo?

http://www.bremont.com/collection/new-releases
    Arn't they just a colour variation to existing models? I thought they are going to launch a completely new model...

Granted, not groundbreaking new designs!

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Granted, not groundbreaking new designs!
    But nice looking watches.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I really don't 'get' the coloured barrels...

Simon

I remember for about the first year or two they had the pricing about right, then they went a bit crazy with the pricing.

Fish

Looks like they have jumped on the "Heritage-look" bandwagon with faked aged lume and yes I know many other companies are doing similar. It is a nice design but just more fancy clothing on an existing model.

The White MBII looks horrendous. The White Solo is classy but this one isn't! It just doesn't work for me at all!

Does anyone think the White MBII model works?

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Looks like they have jumped on the "Heritage-look" bandwagon with faked aged lume and yes I know many other companies are doing similar. It is a nice design but just more fancy clothing on an existing model.
    I had assumed, from the name, that it was based on this watch from 2011...

Bremont P-51 seconds by Noodlefish, on Flickr

So they use the same case, have a brown strap and use lume paint that is a little similar in colour. Seems very tendinous to me and more like trying to justify the colours! I remember that it took quite a while for this "popular" Limited Edition to sell out which was basically just a re-dialled EP-120 with a new rotor!

Don't get me wrong I think the watch looks nice but do we really need all this marketing guff especially as we know that Bremont aren't adverse to bending the truth!

I'm ashamed to say that none of their watches appeal to me..

That's OK you don't have to like them!

Breitlings do nothing for me either!

Craftsman
    That white MBII is hot fire, IMO. I can't wait to see one IRL.

Regards,
    Adam

Master
    I like the Black face polished ALT1C. It even has applied numerals, very classy.

[QUOTE=Broussard;3870257]I had assumed, from the name, that it was based on this watch from 2011...

Not 'based on', more 'inspired by': "The ALT1-ZT/51 adds a new dimension to the range whilst integrating a very important design cue from Bremont’s past - The Limited Edition P51. "

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    I had assumed, from the name, that it was based on this watch from 2011...
    Not 'based on', more 'inspired by': "The ALT1-ZT/51 adds a new dimension to the range whilst integrating a very important design cue from Bremont’s past - The Limited Edition P51. "

My point was more in response to the "jumping on the "Heritage-look" bandwagon with faked aged lume."

Whether 'based on' / 'inspired by', it's *still* from 2011.

New Bremont's

It doesn't use the aged fake lume like all the other current "heritage style" watches and so I will stand by my comment about bandwagons!

Of course you are free to disagree as this is just my opinion but the link in my mind is very very weak and smells of Bremont's usual marketing justification!
    Last edited by paw3001; 12th February 2016 at 14:18.

I really don't like the white MBII but the others are quite nice, whilst not exactly breaking the boundaries.

It looks like the watch that sold me on the brand long before I signed up to this place, the BC-S2, has been discontinued which is a shame as I found the aesthetic far more distinctive than their other three-handers which I find a bit meh.
    Last edited by Optimum; 12th February 2016 at 18:29.

I like the 51 alot, however not too sure if i like white MBii' or not.

Master
    I like this! I'm guessing the case will have the usual treatment as well so shouldn't scratch as easily as most...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    I'm ashamed to say that none of their watches appeal to me..
    I'm not ashamed to say that none of their watches appeal to me..

The White MBII looks horrendous. The White Solo is classy but this one isn't! It just doesn't work for me at all!

Does anyone think the White MBII model works?
    ^^^ Yes, I do!

Always really, really liked the MB11 but something a,ways held me back (cost aside). As a leftie my watches live on my right wrist. The double crown on the right hand side would realistically prevent me from using internal bezel. BUT to me this looks awesome. Good enough even for me to waiver my crown concern. I'd get it on a bracelet though as I regret not doing so with my ALT1-P.

I also hope they also bring out a new diver. The other two new models don't appeal to me. Looking forward to seeing more in March.

Jon

Blog Entries
    Still my favourite Bremont

Quote Originally Posted by FellBasher View Post
    ^^^ Yes, I do!

Always really, really liked the MB11 but something a,ways held me back (cost aside). As a leftie my watches live on my right wrist. The double crown on the right hand side would realistically prevent me from using internal bezel. BUT to me this looks awesome. Good enough even for me to waiver my crown concern. I'd get it on a bracelet though as I regret not doing so with my ALT1-P.

I also hope they also bring out a new diver. The other two new models don't appeal to me. Looking forward to seeing more in March.

Jon
    That is fair enough and glad you find it tempting, I prefer the black dial. You may be disappointed though as the MBII doesn't have a bracelet option due to the knurled aluminium barrel. I think some people have fitted another model's bracelet but be aware that it will rub and damage the barrel.

Personally, I think the best white dial watch they do is the Solo.

Blog Entries
    That is fair enough and glad you find it tempting, I prefer the black dial. You may be disappointed though as the MBII doesn't have a bracelet option due to the knurled aluminium barrel. I think some people have fitted another model's bracelet but be aware that it will rub and damage the barrel.

Personally, I think the best white dial watch they do is the Solo.
    Bracelet option is now available for the MBII and yes it will rub against the coloured barrel.

http://watchfinder.co.uk/Bremont/Mar...945/item/60505

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    I like this! I'm guessing the case will have the usual treatment as well so shouldn't scratch as easily as most...

Clean lines on this.

The one above is quite tasteful, but I don't really like white dials that much, so the mb2 doesn't do anything good for me.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I've had a look at the white dial MBII in person and have to say I do like it - but then I have a soft spot for white dials. Having said that I didn't like it enough....maybe that says something in itself

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I've had a look at the white dial MBII in person and have to say I do like it - but then I have a soft spot for white dials. Having said that I didn't like it enough....maybe that says something in itself
    Interested to know where you saw a white MBII?

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Interested to know where you saw a white MBII?
    It was in Leeds (Berry's I think) - but I'm getting myself confused - having looked in more detail it was a Boeing Model I I saw, looks similar at first glance to the MBII. The guy said he was getting a similar model in stock in March; so I'd guess it's that one
    Last edited by Megatron; 14th February 2016 at 13:58.

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post

Totally agree. My tastes have definitely changed over the course of my time on TZ-UK. I'm liking cleaner dials with fewer subdials. Used to be happy with three but two is the sweet spot for me now. This is lovely. No doubt overpriced though....

Some subtle changes here. I like.