closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Arrival - Seiko Blue Turtle!

New Arrival - Seiko Blue Turtle!

This beauty arrived today! Loving it so far, I'm a sucker for a blue faced diver! I'll post better pics and my initial impressions when I get a chance.

Master
    That looks great, I was just looking at the black version on-line, do you mind me asking where you bought it from?

Nice looking piece.

The 12 O'Clock lume pip and triangle look to be free of the crease/tool mark that marred some of the examples received by other members.

Hoping to get one of the black dial versions myself, funds permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by halfscrew View Post
    Nice looking piece.

The 12 O'Clock lume pip and triangle look to be free of the crease/tool mark that marred some of the examples received by other members.

Hoping to get one of the black dial versions myself, funds permitting.
    Thanks. After a quick forum search of the model number brought up only 2 threads I thought I may have been the first member to bag one of these. I guess I should have read the "Slam Dunk by Seiko" thread right to the end!

The overall quality of the watch feels great for the money and a big step up from the SKX007. I've read a lot about the QC issues which are surprising so I'm glad this one doesn't appear to have any of these problems.

So far the accuracy is very good which is a bonus. I'm also liking the slightly larger case size versus the orignal. Yes it looks quite big on my girly wrist but the lugs don't hang over the edge and I prefer a watch to be a little oversized without being the size of a dinner plate.

The blue dial is very nice although it can look navy or even black in lower light. I'm interested to know what it will look like in daylight tomorrow.

Overall it's a great re-edition of a classic. I hope Seiko continues to release re-edit ions of their iconic watches if they will be as good as this!
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 10th February 2016 at 03:18.

Quote Originally Posted by zak View Post
    That looks great, I was just looking at the black version on-line, do you mind me asking where you bought it from?
    I got it from a UK seller on eBay but it was a private sale not a dealer. The watch originally came from Asia.

Master
    Looks great. I got mine a few weeks ago and was barely wearing anything else since then...

Love it!

Great to see one, minus the known issues. I'm still hoping to get one at some point...definitely the pepsi version!

Craftsman
    + 1 for Pepsi - are they definitely not coming to the UK dealers?

I do like mine, but find the extension clasp digs into my wrist, so have it on a rubber strap at the moment.

Looks great!

Master
    Saw one today here in the metal and it looks good, although the bracelet looked like a different finish. Might have been the light and angle in the shop window?

Apprentice
    Just missed the black and gold-model for sale, but i think the prices are a bit high on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by RayTango View Post
    + 1 for Pepsi - are they definitely not coming to the UK dealers?
    If you find anything, keep us posted. Would still be tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    I got it from a UK seller on eBay but it was a private sale not a dealer. The watch originally came from Asia.
    Was that the one that ended at£282?, was watching that myself if it was but the more bidding the more the price is pushed up. Will have to wait until Creation has stock

Really nice, definitely getting one of the Turtles when the hype dies down and prices ease.

I'm a sucker for a blue faced diver!
    If you see one on the beach, get their mask off quickly and dial the coastguard ;-)

Great looking watch, thanks for sharing, I hope you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    Really nice, definitely getting one of the Turtles when the hype dies down and prices ease.
    Hype and prices I can stomach. It's consistent QC I'm waiting for.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Here's a few comparison pics to the original and other Seiko Divers / Watches (taken on my phone in poor light).

And another wrist shot:

Craftsman
    That looks really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Hype and prices I can stomach. It's consistent QC I'm waiting for.
    Well yeah, after years of misalignment problems I keep thinking they'll sort it out for new releases........

And another wrist shot:

Fair play, it looks stunning there. Great proportions.

Nice collection!

Looking good ,be nice to see it on a jubilee bracelet . Some nice Seikos in your collection ,enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeOut View Post
    Nice collection!
    Was thinking the same :)

Just itching to get my hands on one of these, they look superb.

Hello Dan, how are you? Good to see you using some of that money you got back!

That's really handsome and the blue dial/blue bezel is a lot more interesting than yet another black dialled Seiko diver. Looks a decent size too.

Good catch.

Simon

[QUOTE="Mcb2007;3869360"] ...be nice to see it on a jubilee bracelet ... /QUOTE]

Why on earth would he want to do that? In my experience Jubilees are rattly and not very nice...

Simon

[QUOTE=mycroft;3870255]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcb2007 View Post
    ...be nice to see it on a jubilee bracelet ... /QUOTE]

Why on earth would he want to do that? In my experience Jubilees are rattly and not very nice...

Simon
    I love the comfort of a jubilee, the look too, but you're right, my seiko jubilee is loud n loose

Just bought an skx009 on jubilee. Already have an skx007 on rubber so figured I could swap straps. Also ordered a strapcode oyster so I have three options.

Then the 009 on jubilee arrived and I sort of liked it more than I thought and kept it on. I like the vintage look, it is very comfortable and the rattle is there but just doesn't annoy me.

Then again I have something against mesh that others seem to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Just bought an skx009 on jubilee. Already have an skx007 on rubber so figured I could swap straps. Also ordered a strapcode oyster so I have three options. Then the 009 on jubilee arrived and I sort of liked it more than I thought and kept it on. I like the vintage look, it is very comfortable and the rattle is there but just doesn't annoy me. Then again I have something against mesh that others seem to like.
    Sorry, but if it was mine the 009 would be on the oyster by now...

Simon

Oh, and please tell me the 007 isn't on the original Z22 - without a doubt the most fiendishly uncomfortable strap I've ever owned!

Any rubber strap you have to boil before it's even vaguely wearable just shouldn't exist...

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 12th February 2016 at 00:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Just bought an skx009 on jubilee. Already have an skx007 on rubber so figured I could swap straps. Also ordered a strapcode oyster so I have three options.

Then the 009 on jubilee arrived and I sort of liked it more than I thought and kept it on. I like the vintage look, it is very comfortable and the rattle is there but just doesn't annoy me.

Then again I have something against mesh that others seem to like.
    SKX009 looks perfect on the jubilee if the rattle doesn't bother you. Here's mine.

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    SKX009 looks perfect on the jubilee if the rattle doesn't bother you. Here's mine.
    My problem is that the rattle really does bother me and I also think super oysters look so much better...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Hello Dan, how are you? Good to see you using some of that money you got back!

That's really handsome and the blue dial/blue bezel is a lot more interesting than yet another black dialled Seiko diver. Looks a decent size too.

Good catch.

Simon
    Hi Simon. I'm good thanks, hope you are too.

Yes, that money has helped a lot in getting this collection together! :)

I agree on the blue dial - I don't think I would have brought this if it was only available in black as it would've been too similar to my other divers. It is quite a subtle blue though, in an ideal world I would like it to be a bit brighter but it is different enough from black.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeOut View Post
    Nice collection!
    Thanks I've really got the Seiko bug at the moment! Next on the list (when funds allow) are a 6138 "UFO" chrono and a Tuna. The Pogue doesn't get any wrist time & needs a little tlc so that may have to make way.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    My problem is that the rattle really does bother me and I also think super oysters look so much better...

Simon
    Sorry Simon I'm a Jubilee fan too! I've got to admit they are bloody rattley though!

An Oyster can look equally as good but decent ones seem to be quite pricey.

Sorry Simon I'm a Jubilee fan too! I've got to admit they are bloody rattley though! An Oyster can look equally as good but decent ones seem to be quite pricey.
    When I had a 009 I put it on a wjean super oyster - great bracelet and not hugely pricey if I recall correctly...

Simon