closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Super Bowl 50

Super Bowl 50

Its going to be a long night but looking forward to it. Anyone else going to watch live?
    Last edited by Thorien; 8th February 2016 at 00:03.

Master
    Never seen it in my life, but I'm going to tonight. Currently watching on sky, any thoughts on them or the Beeb for this?

I've been watching the build up with the beeb for a while so going to stick with them. Sky usually flashier but will have ads. Both should be good for analysis. Either way should be a good game ! Enjoy 😊

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    I've been watching the build up with the beeb for a while so going to stick with them. Sky usually flashier but will have ads. Both should be good for analysis. Either way should be a good game ! Enjoy 
    You too

I'll be up for as long as I can but reckon Coldplay might send me to sleep at half time!!

Going for Panthers tonight, unless Manning pulls something out.

Malc

Can see panthers winning this one

^ Hope so. 😉 I'm rooting for them too.

Craftsman
    I can't see me lasting past Coldplay!

Master
    Too many breaks in play for my liking. Did they all nip off for a cup of tea after that first field goal?

Complete reverse on the predicted start!!

Have to say, didn't agree with the review call, but what do I know?

Malc

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Great defence by Denver, sad to see Manning just there to make up the numbers.

Master
    Recorded it and going to watch it tonight.

Would have loved to have watched it live but had to be used at 5am.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeez Nuuutz View Post
    Recorded it and going to watch it tonight.

Would have loved to have watched it live but had to be used at 5am.
    Lucky lad....
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    I quite enjoyed it, but yes there are way too many breaks so it's had to get going.

Only odd thing is at the end - the victory and giving of the trophy is all a bit unorganised with people just wandering around.

Master
    Started well with Gaga doing a great job of the anthem which is pretty unusual. Denver defense outstanding but the Panthers didn't help themselves with poor passing and even poorer attempts at catching by their WRs.
    Coldplay not my favourites but again had to admit great half time show with Beyonce and titchy Bruno Mars.
    Manning did not do much but certainly managed his offense well. However the Broncos defense destroyed Carolina. Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware were wrecking Carolina on their own so big brash Cam never got a look in. It felt right Peyton got another ring as the tactics employed by the Seahawks a couple of years ago were disgraceful and with Tom Brady they have been fantastic team leaders. Kudos to Elway by sticking with Manning through the injuries and problems.
    Quote of the night by Mike Carlsson when asked surely Carolina would have a plan for a certain situation. He then quoted Mike Tyson who when asked if his opponents had a plan when facing him said " Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Yep agree with above. Good analysis. Cam just kept getting sacked and throws weren't good enough, too often long and incomplete. Cam also should have moved more himself instead of sitting back in the box. Broncos defence solid and deserved to win in the end. Actually enjoyed the half time show 😉

It's not often I manage to stay up until the end of the game but this one had me hooked. It was a battle of the defences without either offence getting much of a look in but it was close enough for me to constantly expect a comeback from Carolina.

I also quite enjoyed the half time show and was surprisingly impressed with Lady Gaga!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Lucky lad....
    lmao Bloody predictive text!

Master
    Anyone on here ever been to one live? I bet the atmosphere is amazing.

No, but would love to! Certainly is on the bucket list.

Master
    I think it's something I would like to experience too. I don't know much about the sport other than having four attempts to advance 10 yards or you lose possession, but the whole entertainment package is amazing.

Grand Master
    I recall watching American Football in the early 80s on channel 4. It was OK but (in my opinion) nowhere near as entertaining as other handling games such as rugby league, rugby union, Aussie Rules or Gaelic Football.

Rugby League has a similarity inasmuch as you get a limited number of plays to make progress.....but there the similarity ends!

Each to their own, I could enjoy watching the highlights without all the other stuff!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Anyone on here ever been to one live? I bet the atmosphere is amazing.
    I've not been to a Super bowl but at normal NFL games the atmosphere is nowhere near a big PL fixture.

Here we have songs, chants, amusing asides, "who ate all the pies!" etc but Americans don't have any of that, they just shout out "Go Dolphins!", "Defense!" or whatever.

Also the games are interminable, a sixty minute game can easily last two hours with offensive, defensive and special teams coming onto and leaving the pitch.

It's really like a game of chess played out by coaches.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Is there anywhere I could watch this after-the-fact, having not recorded it?

iPlayer doesn't seem to do red button channels.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Is there anywhere I could watch this after-the-fact, having not recorded it?

iPlayer doesn't seem to do red button channels.
    Was on BBC2.

Denver's defense lived up to the reputation they earned, Cam looked lost at times. Best highlight for me was when they announced Kubiac on the stand at trophy time and the crowd boo'd him. The guy is clueless, whereas Wade Phillips deserves a serious pay rise!

Fish

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Was on BBC2.
    Ahh ok thanks - when I was searching for this earlier the iPlayer site took me to the red button page which said... not available!

Will have another look!

EDIT: Found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Was on BBC2.
    Did you catch Lewis Hamilton on there: link? At 03h 16m 50s...

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Did you catch Lewis Hamilton on there: link? At 03h 16m 50s...
    No, missed him and spent lot of time asleep TBH.

Woken up at half time by Coldplay - Christ they're dull and terrible sound quality (TV anyway). As for Beyoncé, she's like becoming more and more like a Tina Turner tribute. Shame as she's got a great voice and would look much better with more clothes on (maybe showing my age here).

Master
    KINGSTEPPER: "Shame as she's got a great voice and would look much better with more clothes on (maybe showing my age here)"

I think the problem is that SHE is starting to show HER age! And those outfits don't help!

KINGSTEPPER: "Shame as she's got a great voice and would look much better with more clothes on (maybe showing my age here)"

I think the problem is that SHE is starting to show HER age! And those outfits don't help!
    Agreed - she'd look far better in a sexy dress!

Banned
    Everyone I know derides Coldplay, Beyoncé is just the leader of a boring bum waving dance troupe.

Hamilton apparently though looking like a slovenly chav,was wearing all the right on trend threads or whatever they called it.

Fashion isn't always cool.

As for the match also pretty boring, I would find it frustrating playing that game you might only get a minute on the pitch to actually play.

Blog Entries
    Nah
    I put the security lights on and watched the grass grow used to be a Dolphins fan back in the day when I lived in Florida but now no interest whatsoever.

Coincidence that, me too, when we lived in Boca circa 1985/86. Watched the dolphins play the Chicago bears. "Why have they all stopped?" "They're playing TV ads."

Wouldn't have missed it for the world but once was enough and like most sports you get a better actual view on the telly.

And that whole Black Panther type tribute dance thing she orchestrated is not cool.
    Cheers,
    Neil.