closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai dating ,I'm confused

Panerai dating ,I'm confused

I wish I could help.......I can't........only here to say that my eyes stopped at 'TIT RUB'.

Very sorry :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I wish I could help.......I can't........only here to say that my eyes stopped at 'TIT RUB'.

EXCELLENT! post of the day!

Master
    If you go on a date with her, you're sure to get some ;). Not very confusing now, is it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

Best reply ever. Truly epic.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Master
    Blog Entries
    Would the 14/03/14 not be the date?

Hahaaaa epic!!!!! Jokes aside looks like 2014?

Master
    Start from A serial 1998 and count forward,the one pictured is a 2012 serial.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    Start from A serial 1998 and count forward,the one pictured is a 2012 serial.
    Yes I'm aware of this but the box and stickers correspond and the sticker says 2014 but an O dates 2012 ,but when googling this model came out in 2013

Grand Master
    Don't fight it , embrace it, welcome to the world of Panerai. Many manufacturers make watches that sit on shelves for years but they have remained in a yearly letter prefix system so you do have a clue roughly when it was made.

Potentially the caseback might have been manufactured at a different time to the rest of the packaging but I wouldn't get hung up on it it doesn't effect the price of chips
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Yes I'm aware of this but the box and stickers correspond and the sticker says 2014 but an O dates 2012 ,but when googling this model came out in 2013
    The letter designation is the start year of production and usually late on in the year. So quite possible it was made in 2012 ready for release in 2013.
    The other confusing thing is that 'O' start year is 2012, but if the production run isn't finished by year end it will carry on through to the next year, or until the full production run is complete.

The matching stickers inside and the on the box are the actual date of completed production for a particular watch.
    Check the original warranty book as that will have the AD stamp in it, which will show the year it was originally sold. And that's when the warranty period starts.

It is quite possible that a PAM 'O' serial started production in 2012, but this one was made in 2014 (a late number 0836 / 1000), sat at an AD (lost sale, change of mind etc) until 2016, then entered the grey market.

I've just checked one I had previously
    K205/250 PAM282
    Made in 2008 and purchased from an AD in 2008

And my current one
    Rnot/aclue (forgot to take note)
    Sticker = 04/15
    AD stamp = 09/15
    I bought from AMJ = 12/15

Master

It was announced in 2012 and unveiled in 2013. It's not uncommon for manufacturers to start production beforehand. The "O" serial by their serial number system should be 2012 on paper and a run of 1000. A "Q" is 2014 and a run of 800.

There is no rhyme or reason with manufacturers. Look at the Rolex scrambled serial number scenario. Easy way to rid yourself of age old stock without the customer having a clue. I certainly wouldn't want a 5 year old watch that an unscrupulous AD might want to pass off as fresh from the factory. Now that the RRPs are out of the majority of peoples comfort zones,the more difficult it has become to shift stock hence they prefer customers to not be able to date theirs. Yours is a high number "O" serial so most probably one of the last in that production run,which personally i'd prefer. Bear in mind that a late number in "P" serial could well manufactured later than an early number in "Q" serial.

If they sold you a watch stating it was 2016 i'd return it.

Fine time pieces are trying to say they never advertised it as a 2016,but on chrono24 there were 4 sellers with the same watch on that year , you can no longer view that add,I do have a right to return ,I'm more cheesed off as there are some missing item,I may try and get some discount so I can replace these,the problem with returning it is its them who arrange it and I have to pay and its in Germany so not sure how much this will be

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974;38631ite0
    Fine time pieces are trying to say they never advertised it as a 2016,but on chrono24 there were 4 sellers with the same watch on that year , you can no longer view that add,I do have a right to return ,I'm more cheesed off as there are some missing item,I may try and get some discount so I can replace these,the problem with returning it is its them who arrange it and I have to pay and its in Germany so not sure how much this will be

Adding the missing Items will cost less than returning it and you'll keep a nice watch. Manufactured in 2014 and sold in (just) 2016 surely not a reason alone for rejection, not as long as warranty and the watch are 'new'.

Master
    It's frustrating when you purchase BNIB and it's missing relevant items. If i'd purchased in 2016,a 2012 serial that was manufactured,or shall we say left the factory in early 2014,i'd not be best pleased. Or put another way,i'd much prefer a 2016 serial,manufactured in 2016,and sold in 2016 with all the relevant bits. So the price you paid plays a part here. At a glance their prices aren't that competitive,if it were me i'd swallow the 100 Euros or so return shipping costs and start again. You'll most probably find a more recent complete example for similar or less money and will be happier with the purchase.

Having had all day to think about it and read your opinions I've decided to keep it,partly because I can't fault the watches condition, it'll cost me to send it back and then I'll have to wait for my money and then source another which may end up costing me more,and then I mite get more hassle ,so I'll put it down to a lesson learnt,and I'm really too busy to be dealing with all the potential grief,cheers for all the replies mick

the 389 is a great watch, I've talked radiology into letting me put mine in the MRI scanner to see if it can survive the magnetic field it's meant to

ok i get bored at work sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post
    the 389 is a great watch, I've talked radiology into letting me put mine in the MRI scanner to see if it can survive the magnetic field it's meant to

ok i get bored at work sometimes
    That would be interesting to see the results,that's why I bought it ,you never know when you may accidentally trip and fall in one

Master
    Having had all day to think about it and read your opinions I've decided to keep it,partly because I can't fault the watches condition, it'll cost me to send it back and then I'll have to wait for my money and then source another which may end up costing me more,and then I mite get more hassle ,so I'll put it down to a lesson learnt,and I'm really too busy to be dealing with all the potential grief,cheers for all the replies mick
    You've had time to think it over and come to a decision that you're comfortable with and that's all that matters. Great watch,enjoy.

The warranty booklet arrived this week,they don't send them out with the watch for security reasons,now the book is stamped 2016 ,am I to presume that's when my warranty starts from,I recon it would be fun and games trying to claim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Depends who has initiated the warranty from the sale. Acknowledged AD then no hassle. A N other maybe. But hopefully it will be faultless within its warranty period and beyond.

You can check all the AD''s via Panerai''s website.
    Last edited by shadowman; 13th February 2016 at 21:37.

I bought it from Germany but the stamp is from Sami watches who are an AD in turkey

Master
    Blog Entries
    All sounds good then AD stamped and dated is as good as it gets for any of us.

Any explanation offered on the missing strap and screwdriver, or compensation in lieu?

They never offered any explanation and when I asked for discount I was told the price reflected the missing items,at least the watch is mint,which id rather it be than have the bits and a rough watch

Craftsman
    Very nice watch

Interesting Thread, now solved.

Enjoy this great Sub.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They never offered any explanation and when I asked for discount I was told the price reflected the missing items,at least the watch is mint,which id rather it be than have the bits and a rough watch
    It would be Interesting to know what you paid for it?

The missing screwdriver is only applicable to the buckle screw on this model of course and as noted elsewhere Watch Obsession sell the same as originals for very little cost. There is a busy trade in straps on Paneristi if you want an original but so many other choices out there