closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dreadnought PRS-2

Dreadnought PRS-2

Thinking of putting mine on Ebay

Posts like this are bad form. Seems a little stealth. Did you get the bezel fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by stickfly View Post
    Thinking of putting mine on Ebay
    As someone once wrote "If you own some Eddie Platt watches where else would you sell them ? I'm not being funny, but not everyone has heard of them so you can't take them to an average watch shop, you can only put them on ebay and hope that some fans of these watches notice them"

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Posts like this are bad form. Seems a little stealth. Did you get the bezel fixed?
    Bad form ??? I don't understand that comment.

I have owned this watch from new and it's a great watch. I also own 4 other Timefactor watches including my favourites the Mk1 and Mk2 Speedbirds.
    I have not yet made the decision to sell, but the fact is that I want to buy my wife a special present for our wedding anniversary this year. My speedbirds are watches that I can wear whenever I want as they are more " Dress " style so I am thinking that the Dreadnought would be the best way to raise some extra money. ( Due to circumstances over the last few years I do not have as much money as I should have )

I also feel sure that there will be someone who can make better use of the Dreadnought than I can. ( When I bought the Dreadnought I intended to do my BSAC divers course, so envisaged wearing the watch for it's intended purpose. However, whilst doing the BSAC course in Gran Canaria a while later, I had to be rescued and brought to shore It seems that I get claustrophobic and freeze in deep water! )

This forum would obviously be the best place to advertise but I would have to sit here and make 250 posts as I understand it.
    My apologies to anyone who thinks that I am doing something wrong here but I didn't think that I was.

And yes, Gavbaz, the bezel has been changed and works perfectly.

Regards ........ Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    As someone once wrote "If you own some Eddie Platt watches where else would you sell them ? I'm not being funny, but not everyone has heard of them so you can't take them to an average watch shop, you can only put them on ebay and hope that some fans of these watches notice them"
    Thanks for saying that Der Amf it is appreciated that someone understands.

Regards ........... Gary.

Master
    You could always ask Eddie if he would allow you a one off sales post given the content.

Stickfly, sorry about your current situation, I hope it resolves its self on your favour.

Great watch, and a Eddie watch fan, so dofs cap to you sir.

Waffling here sorry, but I remember from years ago whilst in the British army in Germany. The first thing they did if you wanted to do the free scuba course, was throw you in the deep end with the scuba gear on.

Surprising the amount of people that can't take to breathing whilst underwater.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    Stickfly, sorry about your current situation, I hope it resolves its self on your favour.

Great watch, and a Eddie watch fan, so dofs cap to you sir.

Waffling here sorry, but I remember from years ago whilst in the British army in Germany. The first thing they did if you wanted to do the free scuba course, was throw you in the deep end with the scuba gear on.

Surprising the amount of people that can't take to breathing whilst underwater.
    Thanks nickyboyo,
    Good to see you were British military, one of the good guys.
    I was Royal Navy, went to sea on a submarine ( And it was black and diesel not yellow !! ) but can still barely swim !! Not bad on the surface but once under water I am rubbish. Luckily this wasn't a problem whilst inside the boat.