timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to slim down your wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Great thanks, I'll check it out :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    To undo the screws that hold it together.
    So you can change elastic when it wears out, add/remove the money clip etc
    Got it! Thank you! I had wondered how long the elastic would last and thought it was expensive if I could only use it til then!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    So the 2 things I always have on me are my phone and my wallet. In the interest of truly slimming down my daily carry I'd like a phone case that can carry my drivers license, 4 embossed cards and a few notes. I've not seen anything that'll do the job and would negate my need for a wallet totally. Anyone know of anything?

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    So the 2 things I always have on me are my phone and my wallet. In the interest of truly slimming down my daily carry I'd like a phone case that can carry my drivers license, 4 embossed cards and a few notes. I've not seen anything that'll do the job and would negate my need for a wallet totally. Anyone know of anything?
    Thought that might be a neat idea myself recently, but then thought it would be too thick and bulky all in 1, so am happy with my phone in it's otterbox case and a solid design aluminium wallet

Journeyman
    I'm still rocking the Trove Wallet

anyone got any new ones?

I'm still rocking my Trove Explorer - though I want one with a darker colour scheme as I find the orange and blue a bit loud for day to day usage.

The one complaint I have is poor water protection. In rainy Holland if I'm cycling around and its in my pocket it can get soaked which of course can soak the contents too. Though I'm not sure if there can be any inherent design changed to make it better.

Journeyman
    think my ideal will be

the trove with a pull up tab like the loft of cambie

sometime getting into the Trove can be a little annoying, have to sometimes have the credit card number upwards to use the embossed as grip :)

Still loving my solid design one, just wish i'd gone for the brass rather than black anodised aluminium as it's starting to pick up a scratch or 2 and think an aged weathered brass one would look much nicer long term
    Last edited by Brighty; 15th September 2017 at 12:46.

I'm enjoying the loft of cambie one currently but the trove and solid design are still firm favorites.

Always looking for something new though

Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    think my ideal will be

sometime getting into the Trove can be a little annoying, have to sometimes have the credit card number upwards to use the embossed as grip :)
    Its a good observation - especially for the single 'quick draw' slot would be an absolute god send.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Its a good observation - especially for the single 'quick draw' slot would be an absolute god send.
    defo, i may send them an email, you never know!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alun View Post
    In order to highjack the wireless in Apple Pay/Google Pay you have to have extreme physical proximity at the exact moment that the user activates the payment (through fingerprint or pin). Not impossible but would be tricky. Of course, malicious vendors could swap the machines and hijack the transaction but since each transaction has a unique ID they wouldn't be able to do this more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use Android Pay, it doesn't seem that secure as surprisingly it just needs the screen to be on and not unlocked to pay. I take the risk for the convenience.

Master
    After reading this thread, I've got the Securid Miniwallet Crisple Black.
    Excellent wallet, very minimal.
    After a couple weeks , I switched back to my normal wallet (cards/billfold) but found it simply too big to carry in comparison to the Miniwallet.
    Only issue is if I have to carry more than Ł100, I have to use a super slim note only wallet in addition to the Miniwallet.
    Taking into consideration the above, still happy with the Miniwallet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    think my ideal will be

Spooky! Have they been reading this thread I wonder?!!

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    Ha! Excellent - think I'll be ordering one, I love the Trove and even this small adjustment will make the world of difference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    After reading this thread, I've got the Securid Miniwallet Crisple Black.
    Excellent wallet, very minimal.
    After a couple weeks , I switched back to my normal wallet (cards/billfold) but found it simply too big to carry in comparison to the Miniwallet.
    Only issue is if I have to carry more than Ł100, I have to use a super slim note only wallet in addition to the Miniwallet.
    Taking into consideration the above, still happy with the Miniwallet.
    I'm still using the I-clip. Can carry six cards and cash comfortably. Today have. Ł220 in 20's and Ł40 in 10's and its no worries.

Master
    Ha! Excellent - think I'll be ordering one, I love the Trove and even this small adjustment will make the world of difference.
    Yeah I've backed it too. I tried one of the original ones but felt it was a bit overpriced for what it was, as well as having difficulty accessing my cards from it. The early bird price along with the pull tab seems much more palatable! I know from experience with the original Loft of Cambie wallet that having that extra ability to pull your cards up is very handy.

Boo! i thought i'd leave it till tonight and missed the damn Ł19 one! Now backed at 25 +5 for shipping. Which colours are people thinking of at the moment? I reckon dark/black - the orange/blue scheme i have is ok, but a bit loud/tiring for everyday use.

Master
    Boo! i thought i'd leave it till tonight and missed the damn Ł19 one! Now backed at 25 +5 for shipping. Which colours are people thinking of at the moment? I reckon dark/black - the orange/blue scheme i have is ok, but a bit loud/tiring for everyday use.
    Yep, the super-early birds went quickly! I'm thinking black/black, although I'd like to see some better pics of the navy as I may be tempted for a change. Shame there's no brown either as that might've swayed me too.

Yep, the super-early birds went quickly! I'm thinking black/black, although I'd like to see some better pics of the navy as I may be tempted for a change. Shame there's no brown either as that might've swayed me too.
    I think it's been live for a day(?) - there were still like 180 odd available at 5pm and boom gone! I agree a 'traditional' pale brown would be interesting, there is one in one of the pics but not one of the options its seems.

Master
    Which pic do you mean? I think the brown leather of this v1.0 one (coffee) would be nice, with matching elastic and other bits:

Oops its a gif, any simple way of getting that in a reply? Otherwise its in the pledge just above the 'Your Support'. That is definitely not yellow or orange as advertised below.
    Last edited by crazyp; 18th September 2017 at 22:19. Reason: Getting a damn gif to work!

Master
    Ah right, I see what you mean. It definitely looks like a tan colour!

Want to slim down your wallet?

My secrit still goes strong
    Although the card " spring" got a little loose

Here's that tan colour that doesn't seem to feature in the Kickstarter offer. I got in on the SEB 'two for forty quid delivered' yesterday.

I have the original Trove in Emerald and Autumn so will probably go for the Navy. The other one will probably be a Christmas present for somebody.

Green and Burgundy have been added to the initial colours for the Trove Swift. Maybe that tan will appear in time.

Green and Burgundy have been added to the initial colours for the Trove Swift. Maybe that tan will appear in time.
    Fingers crossed, that is my fav colour so far. The burgundy looks decent as well.

On a related theme - has anyone purchased the Trove Tag? Thoughts?

Have really enjoyed my V1 Trove in Cinnamon, but love the idea of the easy access tab, so just got in on the Kickstarter Trove 2.0 Swift campaign.

Only 62 places left as of now.

I'll probably go for black or navy.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    I love my Trove and this new one looks a great idea so I have just backed it so 61 left.

Master
    I'm very tempted by the navy but will probably go for black when decision time comes. I'm far to boring to go for any of the brighter colours!

Journeyman
    not been on this thread for few days so missed this

just got an email from the CEO as i emailed them last week about this pull tab

his words were "your wish is our command" and linked me to the Trove 2.0 Kickstarter

sadly missed the early bird Ł19! so went for the Ł25 early bird one

first time using KS aswell :)

So got the email that the Trove campaign is officially over - over 30k raised meaning pretty much all the colours unlocked. Also means time is nearing to choose a colour - I'm still totally undecided what to go for!

Master
    So got the email that the Trove campaign is officially over - over 30k raised meaning pretty much all the colours unlocked. Also means time is nearing to choose a colour - I'm still totally undecided what to go for!
    Nice to see they absolutely smashed their target. Although I think I'm going to be ultra-boring and just choose black!

Master
    I have the blue/orange at present so I might go crazy and get the purple :) I love the yellow but I wonder how dirty it will get.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Did not really get on with the trove. Have been using a Bellroy leather note sleeve wallet. Not as slimline as some but I love it. It’s half the size of my Aspinal wallets and fits lots of money in.
    Quality is great.

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    I have the blue/orange at present so I might go crazy and get the purple :) I love the yellow but I wonder how dirty it will get.
    I have the same blue/orange. It got a bit dirty so thought conservative.

But I'm bonkers so probably go with red, green or burgendy. Lol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maccer View Post
    Did not really get on with the trove. Have been using a Bellroy leather note sleeve wallet. Not as slimline as some but I love it. It’s half the size of my Aspinal wallets and fits lots of money in.
    Quality is great.
    I didn't particularly like the difficulty accessing the pockets when I handled the original Trove, so hoping this new version will be better for that. My wallet that I've always come back to in the last few years (despite dabbling in other smaller/minimalist ones) is a Bellroy Hi-Line, but if I'm honest I still find it a little too bulky and big in size, plus the limited number of card sleeves on it seem like a waste for the size. If the Trove doesn't work out for me I'm tempted to 'upgrade' to the Note Sleeve simply for the additional carrying space it allows over the Hi-Line.

Got my Trove 2.0 survey! Decided on going for green - what have the others on here gone for?

What's wrong with keeping your notes in socks and cards in the undercrackers?

Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    What's wrong with keeping your notes in socks and cards in the undercrackers?

I was once told that it was impossible to forge Gambian Dalasi because you would never be able to get the smell right.

Master
    Got my Trove 2.0 survey! Decided on going for green - what have the others on here gone for?
    Briefly considered the navy but with a lack of the promised better quality pics, I decided to play it safe and went for black.

I was once told that it was impossible to forge Gambian Dalasi because you would never be able to get the smell right.
    .. or Mongolian Tögrög, cuz no one wants it.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Been using Travel blue wallet for years, and finally it started to give up. Searched for a replacement two years and couldn't find, because of they don't original wallets anymore. I wanted two features - wallet has to be slim and it must have a zippered pocket I could access without opening wallet. That's where I keep my credit card and bus tickets. And finally after two year hunting I found something that wasn't so slim as travel blue, but it had zippered outer pocket - packsafe.

and this is Travel blue wallet.

I don't care about RFID protection much, it actually adds more hassle, because of I have to take my bus ticket out of wallet. Thankfully my work card works in the wallet.
    Last edited by Normunds; 13th December 2017 at 16:56.

Master
    I have gone for the purple Trove

My green came through today! I like the colour and the tab works well, much smoother operation. Lets see how it goes in day to day over the coming week.

Normunds - lifeventure also do a wallet with those features
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Had my trove for a year exactly now, use it every day and love it. Still looks like new too. Wished I had it years ago - 5 cards, a bit of cash and it's so small and convenient means I take it with me (old wallet left at home often as it was too bulky) and hardly notice it's in my pocket.

Master
    My black Trove 2.0 arrived at the end of last week - the experience so far's been a good one. You can hardly feel it's there in your pocket at all, although it does bulge out a bit (a combination of carrying it in the same pocket as my phone and snug trousers!). The pull tab works really well and it's very easy and accessible to reach your main cards. Retrieving cash from the other side of the elastic is a bit more fiddly, although I tend to use 'tap to pay' mostly these days so the cash is more for emergencies anyway (although I've had to check a few times to remind myself how much is there!). I've only had to retrieve a card from the main elastic pocket once so far and it worked fine. All-in-all a nice little product.

Ok, having just bought Andy's old Trove (which looked pretty new by the way) I have one question. How long does it take before you stop panicking when you realise you don't have your old wallet in your back pocket?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzer View Post
    Ok, having just bought Andy's old Trove (which looked pretty new by the way) I have one question. How long does it take before you stop panicking when you realise you don't have your old wallet in your back pocket?!
    At least two years, as I still find myself checking regularly. The size of the Trove means that it is comfortable in a front pocket which I greatly prefer.