closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to slim down your wallet?

I've had a Bellroy for a good few years but it finally started to look tatty so thought I'd buy another the same, they've changed the design what was on the right is now on the left and the build isn't as good, but I stuck with it UNTILL this week a friend bought me a Sergid, I love it. I've had to swap a few cards around because it really does only hold 5 in the flip and 2-3 in the pockets but so far it's been great.

i must have spend most of my layover time trying out each and every TUMI wallet in hamburg airport (ok they are pricy) but not one fitted my needs
    the secrid was the closest and a month after wondering why I didn't sooner

Journeyman
    Fancy a change from the trove, finding it with fat fingers a bit difficult to pull the top card out and gets a little annoying when the checkout person is waiting lol

ordered a Loft of cambie :)

Still very happy with my secrid

Trove doesnt get a look in. Beginning to wonder why I spent thirty quid on an elastic band.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

If only more places would increase the Apple Pay contactless limit I wouldn't even need to get the trove out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty small list right now - http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1397...y-more-than-30

Master
    If anyone wants to sell their Trove then give me a shout. I use mine all the time and would like a second one for nights out and holidays.

Contactless is an accident waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Contactless is an accident waiting to happen
    Do you think security aspect or the impulse buy part? Contactless security (as implemented by google and Apple) is a lot better than physical cards.

Security.

Do you mean compared to anything else or just that Apple Pay/Googlepay hasn't had its moment in the news yet the way credit cards, online payments and contactless have?

I think you're going to see a whole new generation of remote card readers available on the open market

In order to highjack the wireless in Apple Pay/Google Pay you have to have extreme physical proximity at the exact moment that the user activates the payment (through fingerprint or pin). Not impossible but would be tricky. Of course, malicious vendors could swap the machines and hijack the transaction but since each transaction has a unique ID they wouldn't be able to do this more than once.

I don't know anything about Apple pay /Google pay.

Love my Troves. I can't be @rsed with blockers, when it becomes an issue I'll either opt out of RFID or disable it on my cards.

Craftsman
    Due to this thread I have bought a Secrid - distressed brown leather - a few weeks ago and I Love it

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Love my Troves. I can't be @rsed with blockers, when it becomes an issue I'll either opt out of RFID or disable it on my cards.
    Completely agree with you the Trove is far superior to my Secrid and as for the blockers it just isn't an issue and I don't think it will be either it is just scaremongering as per normal.

Journeyman
    Received the loft of cambe today and as lovely as it is it's going back, it only holds a max 7 cards and feels restrictive compared to the trove (for me)

I think if you can use the loft of cambe daily then you have cracked the minimalist grail :)

On occasions I need to carry more cards (family has cineworld unlimited cards) so I can use the trove to carry them too when needed.

Craftsman
    Love the bellroy wallets which are very slimline

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OK OK.. I gave in.. and you lot were right!! Went straight to a Trove and seriously.. I'm a convert! I've been carrying a jacket round for years because it was needed to house my massive wallet. Now, this wee thing fits in my jeans pocket along side my phone. Awesome bit of kit. Slightly underwhelming on day one with its minimalist packing - you kind of wonder why you spent £27 on it and then it clicks. The 2 elasticated money pockets are genius. I've 8 cards in it and £30 in the pics below. Love it!!! (code OHGOONTHEN still working for 10% off with slim wallet junkie).

Master
    The Trove is brilliant and I often draw out £200 in cash and it fits in no problem:)

Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    Received the loft of cambe today and as lovely as it is it's going back, it only holds a max 7 cards and feels restrictive compared to the trove (for me)

I think if you can use the loft of cambe daily then you have cracked the minimalist grail :)

On occasions I need to carry more cards (family has cineworld unlimited cards) so I can use the trove to carry them too when needed.
    it all depends what type of cards you need to carry - if you have a lot of non bank cards then the trove is perfect - if you have a lot of bank cards then using apply pay/google pay/ or the Curve Card really saves space

Just ordered a trove explorer. Should match this well!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    OK OK.. I gave in.. and you lot were right!! Went straight to a Trove and seriously.. I'm a convert! I've been carrying a jacket round for years because it was needed to house my massive wallet. Now, this wee thing fits in my jeans pocket along side my phone. Awesome bit of kit. Slightly underwhelming on day one with its minimalist packing - you kind of wonder why you spent £27 on it and then it clicks. The 2 elasticated money pockets are genius. I've 8 cards in it and £30 in the pics below. Love it!!! (code OHGOONTHEN still working for 10% off with slim wallet junkie).
    I finally got around to buying a Trove too last week. Clever design, though regardless of that and material quality it still feels a wee bit expensive! Nevertheless I am a convert!! I personally didn't mind my old wallet, and I still have that for the very odd occasion when it may be necessary but the Trove also has changed my mentality on how I use my wallet. Paradigm shift!

Craftsman
    I use an exentri. Bought a few years back for £18. Good quality leather. Carries a huge amount for such a small size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Just ordered a Trove Explorer on the back of this thread!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SNA View Post
    Just ordered a Trove Explorer on the back of this thread!!
    i got one a Xmas. The Orange and blue looks really good. The leather is starting to darken more now with use.

Received mine, really happy with it

Journeyman
    Think the reason the trove is so good is it has scalability when you need it, i.e. You can keep adding to it unlike the other which only have a max card limit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    Think the reason the trove is so good is it has scalability when you need it, i.e. You can keep adding to it unlike the other which only have a max card limit.
    Tru dat

Still a glorified hair band though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyloves2boogie View Post
    I picked up one of these iclips a couple of months ago & not used anything else since.
    Been looking to replace a trifold wallet for front pocket carry. I carry cash and cards so thinking about one of these.

Only drawback I can see is no space for receipts photo etc

Ian.

I've just bought the LOC Flip Wolyt. Looks the best option for me, as I prefer not to fold up cash.

Master
    I stumbled across this thread a couple of weeks ago and was intrigued by some of the designs

I don't carry much around with me, usually 3 or 4 cards and a couple of notes
    I tried a money clip but needed something for cards so I bought a cheap 'granite' card holder which I have used for some time
    this is basically a couple of bits of Carbon fibre/plastic held together with a rubber band (imagine a wrist band) it served me well but the hard plastic has slowly damaged my embossed cards

so, after looking at slim wallet junkie and here I decide on a Trove,
    after changing my colour choice about 5 times before clicking buy I have finally got this Trove Persia

as has been said before a simple design but it just works, very happy with it

Craftsman
    This looks bloody cool http://volterman.com/

Built-in Powerbank, Distance Alarm, Global GPS Tracking, Worldwide WiFi Hotspot, Anti-Thief Camera.

It doesn't even look too bulky. Seriously considering this if they ship to the UK!

I have a couple from here......

https://wingback.co.uk

Backed them both via kickstarter, and there are really well made.

Quote Originally Posted by matt666 View Post

Built-in Powerbank, Distance Alarm, Global GPS Tracking, Worldwide WiFi Hotspot, Anti-Thief Camera.

It doesn't even look too bulky. Seriously considering this if they ship to the UK!

What does that work out at? 350 quid?
    Ah'm oot as Duncan would say.

Craftsman
    What does that work out at? 350 quid?
    Ah'm oot as Duncan would say.
    $139 isn't it? Seems good value

Craftsman
    Yes, the billfold as pictured, if you order it now through indiegogo is $139 due for delivery in December.

How does indiegogo work, do you actually get charged now? And what happens if it never takes off?

Yes, the billfold as pictured, if you order it now through indiegogo is $139 due for delivery in December.

How does indiegogo work, do you actually get charged now? And what happens if it never takes off?
    They keep the money and you don't get a wallet?

Blog Entries
    It works like this: you are betting that enough other people want to gamble with you.

They keep the money and you don't get a wallet?
    Exactly.

Blog Entries
    So the I-clip arrived. Pic next to my old trifold wallet, bit smaller. Just see how it goes now.

I've just bought one of these. It wasn't cheap but it did come with a free watch.

Got a Ridge for my birthday from my sister. Lovely bit of kit but I have a question.

It comes with a screwdriver. I have no idea what the screwdriver is for. Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Got a Ridge for my birthday from my sister. Lovely bit of kit but I have a question.

It comes with a screwdriver. I have no idea what the screwdriver is for. Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    To undo the screws that hold it together.
    So you can change elastic when it wears out, add/remove the money clip etc

Craftsman

This is seriously cool. I want one so much.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    I was using an belroy but bought a trove this week and have to say I am impressed. A much slimmer option for summer and holidays.

I'm looking for a decent condition bellroy travel wallet if anyone has got one to sell

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I've just bought one of these. It wasn't cheap but it did come with a free watch.

That's cool. Please show/tell/linky

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    The 'scramble' watch from 6b watches here

Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    And a thread here: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-Unboxing-Ever