closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TAG Heuer just officially announced the "affordable" Tourbillon

Master

TAG Heuer just officially announced the "affordable" Tourbillon

The press release for the TH Tourbillon is here... http://m.tagheuer.com/int-en/news/ta...rera-heuer-02t

14,900CHF, with a limited number of 250 pieces at 5000chf more.

I actually like them a lot more than expected, although I haven't seen a quoted case size.

Master
    That's quite interesting both for the more affordable price, but also perhaps the first "sport" Tourbillon which looks good.

Master
    Looks like the Carrera CH-01 case to me, suggesting 45mm? It's certainly a much nicer looking watch than that, being less skeletonised, and priced well for what it is compared to comparable Swiss models. It looks like they are really trying to sell the hand-assembled bit to justify the price though; rather than the actual tourbillon?

Craftsman
    It seems quite a few users here dislike it, many of them knocking Biver and the fact it looks a bit similar to a Hublot:

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tag-heue...ll-cost-15000/

Does anyone know what the movement is? Seagull?

ETA: If TAG depreciation is anything to go by, this piece might be a veritable bargain soon! :D

Master
    That will be a cracking secondhand buy in a year or so :-)

I like that a lot. I wish TAG Heuer would sort out its branding, maybe issue this stuff as Heuer and leave the TAG name on the bread and butter stuff. I'm not really a fan of the bread and butter TAG watches I walk past every day in my local Ernest Jones. I'm not suggesting TAG do a Lexus on us, just that they already have a brand name they can use, or even split them again so the normal stuff is called TAG and the interesting new stuff and the reissues are branded Heuer.
    "A man of little significance"

It's probably 45mm as suggested so a little on the large side but I've no issue with the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonimouse View Post
    It seems quite a few users here dislike it, many of them knocking Biver and the fact it looks a bit similar to a Hublot:

ETA: If TAG depreciation is anything to go by, this piece might be a veritable bargain soon! :D
    Add me to the list it looks tish .

Quote Originally Posted by Anonimouse View Post
    Does anyone know what the movement is? Seagull?
    From the article, it's their own.

I've really never seen the point of a tourbillon in a wristwatch.

So this good news, then — TAG Heuer offering one should help seal its demise.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I like that a lot. I wish TAG Heuer would sort out its branding, maybe issue this stuff as Heuer and leave the TAG name on the bread and butter stuff. I'm not really a fan of the bread and butter TAG watches I walk past every day in my local Ernest Jones. I'm not suggesting TAG do a Lexus on us, just that they already have a brand name they can use, or even split them again so the normal stuff is called TAG and the interesting new stuff and the reissues are branded Heuer.
    I never understand these comments regarding branding "new" watches as Heuer....

The re-issues of old watches, yes fair enough but not new designs....

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post

Are you over 30? You are not meant to be a fan - TAG is the 'low-end' entry to draw in young consumers that want their first 'proper' watch. Sure there are few things around the edges designed for higher end consumers but in the main its not the target audience.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    From the article, it's their own.
    So Seiko then...

Grand Master
    Let me guess - you hate TAG Heuer!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    Not wishing to be controversial but I really do not see the point of a tourbillon on a wristwatch as I understood that these were designed to counter the effects of gravity on timekeeping on a pocket watch which were mainly in one position all the time. The tourbillon would counter this by rotation.

As a wristwatch is in a multitude of positions when being worn I assume this feature is unnecessary.

Craftsman
    Impending Tourbillon price war?
    From Oct 2015

"Speaking of cost… this, to many, will sound like an awful lot of money to spend on a Raymond Weil. On the other hand, it is one of the most affordable tourbillon watches out there. To the brand’s chagrin, its claim as “most affordable tourbillon” is short-lived: TAG Heuer is readying the release of the Carrera Calibre-02 Tourbillon, which it entered into this year’s GPHG, likely to cost rather less again."

http://www.salonqp.com/updates/new_w...co-tourbillon/

I find myself (as a huge non fan of the brand) liking that TAG a lot. Bit confused by this section though;

"which have made it the only COSC automatic chronograph with Tourbillon produced by the Swiss watch industry for under 15,000 CHF" So which one is that given the pictured one is, I assume/think, the 19,900 CHF "Black Phantom" version?? (apologies if a stupid question)

I don't however see it being a bargain anytime soon given they (it says) only releasing 250 numbered units....that should ensure it's RRP is safe despite whatever the brand value might suggest beforehand.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I find myself (as a huge non fan of the brand) liking that TAG a lot. Bit confused by this section though;

"which have made it the only COSC automatic chronograph with Tourbillon produced by the Swiss watch industry for under 15,000 CHF" So which one is that given the pictured one is, I assume/think, the 19,900 CHF "Black Phantom" version?? (apologies if a stupid question)

I don't however see it being a bargain anytime soon given they (it says) only releasing 250 numbered units....that should ensure it's RRP is safe despite whatever the brand value might suggest beforehand.
    There's 250 black phantom model, and a standard production model that's not a limited edition (however I'm sure they won't sell TAH many. But then again we all said that about the Connected...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Tried this on today, £16K. To big for me at 44mm but quite a cool watch, I've never spent any time staring at a tourbillon, it is quite mesmerising.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Has anyone on the forum bought one?

Craftsman
    I think 16k for a tag is quite a lot and think that the residual value will not be very good
    With that in mind there is a tag outlet in the states may have a look there see if there selling them of

Watchfinder already have one at just below £11k

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    I think 16k for a tag is quite a lot and think that the residual value will not be very good
    With that in mind there is a tag outlet in the states may have a look there see if there selling them of
    Afaik from my local AD, this model was fully sold out.