closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Giving my PRS18A some love today

Master

Giving my PRS18A some love today

Being the ponce that I am I love NATO/belt combos so here's my 18A on a Strapcode bright red strap with brushed hardware (that's an almost perfect colour match with the watch case), and a Carharrt fabric belt. Fortunately the belt has brushed hardware too. My OCD couldn't cope with a mismatch

Let's see some PRS18 love...

Q

Love the 18.

Journeyman
    Mine's been on a TF Bond Nato the past week or so but here's an old pic on its normal Navy Blue (not that you can tell it's blue).

Looks stunning on that red NATO.

I love the 18s. My plan is to buy an 18A next summer when I get my 25 year service award - so long as there's some in stock.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by quietly View Post
    Love the 18.

Lovely pic, that's a nice pair!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
    Mine's been on a TF Bond Nato the past week or so but here's an old pic on its normal Navy Blue (not that you can tell it's blue).

Love a bit of Navy myself too, it's one of the most versatile watches I have. Seems to go with pretty much anything!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeOut View Post
    Looks stunning on that red NATO.
    Thank you, it certainly gets noticed!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I love the 18s. My plan is to buy an 18A next summer when I get my 25 year service award - so long as there's some in stock.
    Nice idea, I hope you achieve your goal.

I've thought a lot about if it's a keeper or a placeholder... every time I think about switching it out for something more expensive or different I end up asking myself why I'd bother. The dimensions, look, spec everything is just so balanced I can't bring myself to part with it.
    Last edited by S Works; 30th January 2016 at 08:14.

Quote Originally Posted by S Works View Post
    Nice idea, I hope you achieve your goal.

I've thought a lot about if it's a keeper or a placeholder... every time I think about switching it out for something more expensive or different I end up asking myself why is bother. The dimensions, look, spec everything is just so balanced I can't bring myself to part with it.
    I very rarely wear mine, but it's one that I can't quite let go of either. Partly because it was such amazing value - what else could I get of comparable quality for the money that I'd get if I sold it.

I really wanted to like mine when I got one. Had (and still do) admired many a photograph of them on here and always lusted after one.
    I love the asymmetric case, brushed finish, bezel design and handset, dial markings, the way it suits a NATO - almost everything about it in fact/
    But they just wear too small for my tastes. I know why it is the size it is, I'd just prefer a bigger one. For me it seems the Submariner is at the bottom end of what I feel comfortable wearing, anything smaller just seems out of place for me. I have moved away from (what I consider) bonkers hockey puck sized watches in recent years and now don't own anything bigger than 45mm, but below 40mm just doesn't feel right either. Maybe its because I'm 6' 4" and 20 stone (but then my wrists are a comparatively average 7 1/2" to 7 3/4"). Either way as much as I admire the watch I ended up selling it back on the forum as it never got worn.

If only there was a PRS18A+ I'd love to own one. I know there's a Dagaz version that is bigger and somewhat similar, but it doesn't grab me as being as coherent as Eddie's (maybe though that's at least in part a scaling thing).

I guess it's just one of those watches that I'll continue to admire but is just the wrong size for me. I know others have different watches that fit that bill for them - its all very personal. I'm wearing my Sinn U1 today and that and my Pelagos come as close to my perfect watch as I've yet found - and I've seen both listed on Sales Corner by people who find them too big and bulky...

The OP's photo on the bright red NATO makes me want to try one again, but I know how it will end.

Hey ho - ramble over.

I share similar feelings; really wanted one and initially well pleased with it but now donīt wear it so much but canīt quite bear to part with it, yet. I also find that the high bezel unfortunately tends to catch quite a bit when Iīm taking ruck-sacks off.
    Still a handsome and great value for money watch.

Master
    Totally understand where you're coming from Crazytrain, I'm actually in the camp where around the 40mm mark is becoming my preferred "right size".

I couldn't quote, but in response to Passenger, the bezel is a little high, and I think that's the only reason I don't wear it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMint View Post
    I couldn't quote, but in response to Passenger, the bezel is a little high, and I think that's the only reason I don't wear it more often.
    I've realised another reason why I didn't wear it very much and that's because I didn't have a NATO that fitted perfectly. If it's not tight enough then the it tends to drift round my wrist more than other watches (more top heavy perhaps?). Now I've found the right NATO I've been wearing it more often, prompted by the new chronometer thread as well.

I have the miyota version and it currently loses about 15 seconds a day. I suspect I could get that reduced if I sent it off for regulation. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't wear it on a bright red NATO personally, but I love mine

Properly fantastic VFM
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I wouldn't wear it on a bright red NATO personally, but I love mine

Properly fantastic VFM
    I thought the red looked quite good actually, I was wondering if I had one at home.

It looks good on green and grey as well. And orange, but my orange strap is filthy as my son wore it for a couple of days.

Inspired by this thread I'm going to wear mine tomorrow, red and black nato I think.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMint View Post
    I thought the red looked quite good actually, I was wondering if I had one at home.

It looks good on green and grey as well. And orange, but my orange strap is filthy as my son wore it for a couple of days.
    For me it was the watch that launched a ton of NATO’s.

Black, grey (x2), khaki, sand, Bond, grey/orange/black, navy/sky blue, navy, black/sand, red. And then the perlons...

Quote Originally Posted by S Works View Post
    For me it was the watch that launched a ton of NATO’s.

Black, grey (x2), khaki, sand, Bond, grey/orange/black, navy/sky blue, navy, black/sand, red. And then the perlons...
    I like a nice perlon too, but the only good perlon is an Eulit perlon and unfortunately they only come with polished buckles, which I just can't pair with a blasted watch head.

Grand Master
    another watch i want back!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    A PRS 18A I picked up from this forum recently. It's on a Phoenix NATO which is what would have been used on the original issued pieces.