closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: left handers - which wrist?

Grand Master

left handers - which wrist?

I'm not sure if it's just me - as a left hander i should wear my watches on the right wrist but i just can't do it and get used to it, which wrist do you other golly handers use and what made you choose? I even do it with supposedly left handed watches!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Left. Tried it on my right just to see how it felt. Felt all wrong.

Always been the left wrist.

But I do like to swap hands every now and again

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Left. Tried it on my right just to see how it felt. Felt all wrong.
    Same here.

Yep, left - Feels odd to have a watch on the right, but I guess you'd get used to it.

My son's right handed and wears his watch on his right wrist!

M

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Right.
    Wearing a watch on my left just feels alien and wrong. Like I've got sellotape on me that I can't shake off.

Right handed - Right wrist.

Just feels weird on my left.

All very sinister. On the right, but watches always look better on the left wrist.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Left.

im wearing on my wright wrist now as i find im using this side less

As a fellow leftie I always wear watches on the right wrist. Occasionally I'll try them on my left but it just feels all wrong and, if it's a big watch, I'll usually catch it on a doorframe etc.

Ultimately it's just what you're used too.

Cheers,
    Gary
    Last edited by Omegary; 22nd January 2016 at 12:52.

Grand Master
    just swapped mine onto the right for a bit, it's like chocolate on chips...feels very wrong!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Right.
    Wearing a watch on my left just feels alien and wrong. Like I've got sellotape on me that I can't shake off.

Ditto, just can't wear a watch on my left

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    I'm not sure if it's just me - as a left hander i should wear my watches on the right wrist but i just can't do it and get used to it, which wrist do you other golly handers use and what made you choose? I even do it with supposedly left handed watches!
    Em?? why?

I'm left-handed and it's never occurred to me to wear my watch on the right wrist.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Em?? why?

I'm left-handed and it's never occurred to me to wear my watch on the right wrist.
    most right handers use the left wrist so it's not exposed to as much potential damage, you use your dominant hand a lot more. If you wear it on the opposing wrist you will be a lot less prone to dings bashies and desk swirlies. Left handed watches only make sense if worn on the right wrist or the crown is facing the wrong way.
    Last edited by ktmog6uk; 22nd January 2016 at 13:10.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Craftsman
    Left hander here and I always wear watches on the right wrist.

You don't get the crown stabbing the back of your hand like you do when wearing on the left..

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    All very sinister. On the right, but watches always look better on the left wrist.
    Funny.
    I always think they look better on the right. Mainly because in a lot of wrist shots you can see the crown burrowing into the back of the hand, i always look and think "ouch".

Quote Originally Posted by dogboltt View Post
    Left hander here and I always wear watches on the right wrist.

You don't get the crown stabbing the back of your hand like you do when wearing on the left..
    I don't get that, but then I don't wear my watch over the wrist joint as some people seem to.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    most right handers use the left wrist so it's not exposed to as much potential damage, you use your dominant hand a lot more. If you wear it on the opposing wrist you with be a lot less prone to dings bashies and desk swirlies. Left handed watches only make sense if worn on the right wrist or the crown is facing the wrong way.
    Agree. Wore a watch on the left - trashed it. Chips in the crystal, burring, brassing, everything, especially the clasp and bracelet. On the right, not nearly as much damage; same logic as to why right-handers wear their watch on the left.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I don't get that, but then I don't wear my watch over the wrist joint as some people seem to.

M
    No it's never been a problem for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Right.
    Interesting description; I'm left handed and mostly wear on left, but sometimes (? Slightly swollen wrists with bracelets) swap over.

But do like wearing older smaller diameter watches on loose strap on the right. Have given up wearing leather straps otherwise.

Left handed, left wrist. Although at the moment I have a cast on my left arm forcing me to wear my watch on my right wrist, and I hate it!

From Monday I'm going to try and wear one on my right wrist for a week. Having only tried it in the past for a couple of hours at most, it probably deserves a longer test.

Then again it probably deserves nothing.

It'll have to be a lighter one though as it's generally the strange weight change that puts me off. I'll go with a titanium.

Let's see how it goes...

Left and left. Didn't realise anyone wore on their right! As wedding ring on left hand?

Master
    I'm left handed and have always worn my watch on the left wrist. It might be 35 years of habit but it feels right that way.
    On the other hand (sorry) I took a test not too long ago which indicated I was actually right handed. I had always assumed that the hand you write with denotes what handed you are bur apparently not.
    This does explain how I am fortunate enough to be able to use scissors. iron clothes and open tin cans. It just gets weird when I start throwing tennis balls with my right hand and catching them with my left!
    I am not alone in this though, I have met others the same.

Master
    I'm a left handed and wear my watch on my right wrist as it's always felt more natural that way. Can't imagine ever wearing it on my left

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Olic View Post
    Left and left. Didn't realise anyone wore on their right! As wedding ring on left hand?
    Look around, you'll see it more often than you'd think ;).

I also wear a wedding band on my right. Not because it's all European and sophisticated an' that, it just picks up less damage that way.

Left handed - left wrist. Wearing a watch on the right doesn't feel or look right to me though I do occasionally wear man bracelets on the right wrist. Surely most watches should be worm on the left wrist as the crown is on the right side of the watch generally?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Left handed - left wrist. Wearing a watch on the right doesn't feel or look right to me though I do occasionally wear man bracelets on the right wrist. Surely most watches should be worm on the left wrist as the crown is on the right side of the watch generally?
    If you operate the crown whilst still wearing the watch, sure. I assume that crowns gravitated to the right-hand side of the watch because they were worn predominantly on the left, even by left-hookers.

Master
    I am ambidextrous tend to write left handed and favor my right for using tools. I wear my watch on the left maybe I am subconsciously protecting my watch by using tools with the right.

Master
    Right, because left is my dominant hand so i used to catch my watch on bits and pieces when using spanners screwdrivers etc. Like anything it feels odd when you change hands but after a week or so you will forget.

Leftie and on the left always

Craftsman
    Left handed and can only wear a watch on my right wrist! Tried to wear one on my left wrist and it felt so wrong....

Left handed and wear it on my right. Makes sense to wear it on your non dominant hand when you think about it. I hammer in nails using my left hand, would catch a door closing in my face with my left hand, play tennis left handed. The same reason right handers wear it on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Look around, you'll see it more often than you'd think ;).

I also wear a wedding band on my right. Not because it's all European and sophisticated an' that, it just picks up less damage that way.
    What a great thread.... I thought of doing one similar but seen other left handed threads where suggesting the opposite arm marks you as a disciple of satan...

I'm similar to Andrew and also wear watch on right because I will clonk it on door frames and all sorts and also ring on right hand to minimise damage.... And single women thing I'm unattached too.... Not that's helped attract any of course.....

Once used to it it's fine but odd to start... I can wear either and sometimes going out to dinner and not doing anything much I put back on left as I admit it does sort of "look right" on there....

Have looked at leftie watches but not got one yet... I think panerai and Orient do models not sure of others ....
    Last edited by lordloz; 22nd January 2016 at 20:12.

Left.

Always left.

Blog Entries
    Not suggesting you wipe your arse with the wrist on your master hand but remember Latitude last year being told ,"best place for the wrist band is opposite hand as you won't cover it in shite wiping ya butt". Same with a watch ?????

Master
    Left handed, watch on right wrist - simples

Journeyman
    As a lefty I've alway worn my watches on the right. Would just feel wrong on the left.

On my left, but then I'm fairly ambidextrous yet always felt natural to go on the left.

Fish

Journeyman
    Left side

Left handed and wear right. Too prone to knocks otherwise.

Master
    Left handed, left wrist.

Master
    I used to use my right, but I broke it a few years back and now have a bulge which makes watches either uncomfortable, or too big to fit under a shirt. So I'm on the left now. At least it means I can use a chronograph without being a contortionist.

Right hander here - watch on right wrist. Always have, always will :)

Also wear my wedding ring on the right too.
    Last edited by Ashtennisguru; 22nd January 2016 at 21:10.

Master
    Left and left - I was brought up with hand-winding watches which becomes really difficult when you can't easily get to the crown.

Master
    Left hander, watch worn on right wrist, less damage. The alternative is just weird

Left hander and left wrist, just doesnt feel right on the other, but thats 30 years of habit for you.

Funny to read so many variations.... Left handed and I only wear on right.

Craftsman
    Left handed (one of the special few) and wear my watch on the right.

Really don't use my right hand / arm for much else - beyond holding the steering wheel, for which I'm quite happy to use either hand for oddly?