closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling on Chrono24

Journeyman

Selling on Chrono24

Hi.

I am wanting to sell a couple of Rolex and wondered what people thought of selling as a private seller on Chrono24.

I ask because my friend tried selling his breguet on there but had no interest. Despite it being by far the lowest priced on there.

The watches I am looking to sell are a couple of the most popular watches out, so I wonder would i stand a better chance. I am not going to say what they are because this isn't an attempt to sell them on here.

The only reason I ask is because I don't want to pay and it be completely pointless. They say they offer refunds but my friend sold his private elsewhere and they ask for pictures to prove you still have the watch

Interested in people's thoughts.

Thanks

Have you not got sc access

Re : my friend sold his private elsewhere

His private or privates??

To answer your question, unfortunately have no experience with selling on Chrono 24. But, is a good question. Doubt If most here have tried though.

Journeyman
    No SC access. I'll see what people suggest if no one has tried I'll come back and share my experience.

Craftsman
    I've sold through eBay. Well made contact with a buyer through eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Have you not got sc access
    Joined last month and with 20 posts? I going to guess 'no'.

That said, classy bloke for not trying the stealth sales route!

OP, private buyers just don't get a look in, it's just so easy to buy from a dealer and get a bricks and mortar guarantee. eBay all the way, face to face, cash on collection and plenty of phone and mail contact.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Joined last month and with 20 posts? I going to guess 'no'.

That said, classy bloke for not trying the stealth sales route!

OP, private buyers just don't get a look in, it's just so easy to buy from a dealer and get a bricks and mortar guarantee. eBay all the way, face to face, cash on collection and plenty of phone and mail contact.
    I looked at eBay but it has a limit of £2700 on my account. Not sure why I have 500 all positive feedback. A part from one which a guy left neutral because he couldn't find my house. A call might have resolved this ay.

That's what I feared. I know when I'm looking to buy on chrono24 I usually ignore the private sellers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    I know when I'm looking to buy on chrono24 I usually ignore the private sellers.
    It's almost like you've gotten a response to your own question without having to look very hard.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    It's almost like you've gotten a response to your own question without having to look very hard.
    I quite agree. Why would anyone risk buying an expensive watch on Chrono24 from a seller with no feedback / known history and no comeback if it unravels?

Matt

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sxgeeza View Post
    I quite agree. Why would anyone risk buying an expensive watch on Chrono24 from a seller with no feedback / known history and no comeback if it unravels?

Matt
    Face to face?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Face to face?
    Maybe, yes. I am a newbie in this world of nice watches, though, so personally I would still be nervous!

I must learn more. :)

Matt

Craftsman
    As a private seller can you use the trusted checkout? That allows a buyer to use a credit card and pay after delivery I think.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonG156 View Post
    As a private seller can you use the trusted checkout? That allows a buyer to use a credit card and pay after delivery I think.
    I've been looking on there recently, has anyone purchased a watch using the chrono website or just gone the traditional route of contacting the seller and making payment that way?

Craftsman
    I have, twice. One normally, by using it as an introduction and once through the trusted checkout entirely.

Apprentice
    I have, twice. One normally, by using it as an introduction and once through the trusted checkout entirely.
    Thanks Simon.

Blog Entries
    OP. If I was selling outside of SC some well known high value watches, I would consider selling on a commission basis via some well known websites. Commission runs at around 20% check with them, of your sale value. Maybe worth a go. I think they are sale or return. Chronext. https://www.chronext.co.uk/sell. I have no affiliation with this site. Just a suggestion

Martyn

Two weeks ago I bought a brand new Breitling Navitimer World from an Italian dealer through Chrono24 using the Trusted Checkout system, which worked perfectly and only added 2.5% to the cost. Now I trust that dealer and if I bought from them again I'd go direct.

For whatever it's worth, when I was researching the purchase on Chrono24 I automatically ignored private sellers. I will only buy from a private seller on this forum - I wouldn't do it through Chrono24 and I wouldn't do it through eBay either.

Hope this helps.

Simon

Whenever I see a private seller on chrono24 I always think how sad they don't belong to a nice forum on which they could sell it.
    Last edited by Der Amf; 18th January 2016 at 11:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Whenever I see a private seller on chrono24 I always think how sad they belong to a nice forum on which they could sell it.
    Certain watches just don't sell on the forums though. I had advertised a few watches on here which have ended up being sold to Watchfinder. Sub & Speedy, sure, all day. Other more interesting/expensive pieces - maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Certain watches just don't sell on the forums though. I had advertised a few watches on here which have ended up being sold to Watchfinder. Sub & Speedy, sure, all day. Other more interesting/expensive pieces - maybe not.
    Yeah I was thinking more like people trying to shift pre-in house Nomos (Nomoses? Nomoi?) with terribly hopeful prices, a little one-man sailing boat bobbing about in a busy shipping lane

my 2 cents of experience as a private seller on ch24: sold 2-3 watches there so far (only reason I used chrono was higher price achieved compared to watch forums), but my references from watch forums have been of importance when gaining buyers confidence. recently ch24 added the feature that allows private sellers with successful sales to show that number on their profile. no trusted checkout for privates is available though. i would buy from other private sellers there but only if their communication manner was on par with what I expect and would only personal collect within EU..

I've sold once on Ch24. Definitely achieved a higher price than on SC and completed a straight forward F2F deal in London.

Journeyman
    Just an update. Ive listed my watch he site. It cost about £100 to list a 16610, so not cheap. I will let people know my experience of it as a seller. Thanks for the advice guys.