closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 5464

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    Altered Carbon - started today on Netflix. Great book. Good adaptation so far - Blade Runner-sequel with real twists
    Looks like I'll be doing a bit of a Blade Runner marathon when my copy of 2049 gets here. I haven't watched them all, but I've got five different cuts of the original on Blu Ray too. Should probably start with at least two of those. I'm gonna be so sick of replicants by the end of February.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by caye031 View Post
    I am big fan of Altered Carbon novel, series expands on it and it is really visual treat, but it takes too much time indulging itself with certain scenes, but overall very good
    Big fan of the books.

This seems to miss the mark. Its very derivative looking and feels very small and set-bound.

Watered down . Its missing a lot of the scenes that I loved from the book: the gunsmith shop.

It feels like the 1980s rather than the 25th century.

Far too much exposition. Too self concious. Don’t understand all the extra character development on Ortega.

Kovacs is a sissy compared with the book version who seriousl could not give two effs about mostly anyone or anything.

I really wanted it to look really futuristic . It doesn’t.

They are treating it as a detective story and its nothing like that in the book.

Think even the cinematography is bland and small looking.

They will really murder the next two books if they handle them the same way.

Another comment on Altered Carbon...

I haven't read the books, so came to this completely fresh.

I am enjoying it, although it isn't a "light" watch - the story is not that easy to follow as of yet (I'm at episode 7).

However, I do think it is very impressive visually and clearly very adult sci-fi in its content. I will stick with it for the timebeing.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    I am struggling to enjoy Altered Carbon, has all the elements of something I should enjoy but after 3 episodes I’m just not there. Not 100% sure right now but I am not finding it engaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    If you want to know what's new, being renewed or cancelled, geektown.co.uk is a good place to look.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I am struggling to enjoy Altered Carbon, has all the elements of something I should enjoy but after 3 episodes I’m just not there. Not 100% sure right now but I am not finding it engaging

Totally with you on that, tbh I've given up, now Gomarroh on the other hand even with subtitles is one hell of a show...

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    "Gunsmoke," is a series that takes place during the settling of the American West. It follows U.S. Marshall Matt Dillon as he tries to maintain order in the rough and tumble town of Dodge City, Kansas.
    You all failed my test (or I did!).

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Any good New TV Series worth watching

You all failed my test (or I did!).
    I did not failed, I checked :)

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    I did not failed, I checked :)
    But the Series Finale was 43 years ago, following a record-setting 20 year run!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Totally with you on that, tbh I've given up, now Gomarroh on the other hand even with subtitles is one hell of a show...
    I am delaying watching Gomorrah at the moment, pleasure delaying I guess you could say.........

Journeyman
    Inside Number 9 seems to be getting better as the series progresses

In a similar vein as Westworld comes the new STARZ (U.S.) series "Counterpart" starring Academy Award winner, J.K. Simmons. In my brief checking, it seems there is no U.K. broadcaster at the moment, but I'm sure that will change. Two seasons of ten episodes each have already been ordered. I binge-watched the three opening episodes a few days ago and I'm definitely hooked!

I did just check the STARZ website, where it looks like you can purchase the STARZ app or STARZ Direct for your computer for $8.99 per month, giving you access to their full array of programming:

https://www.starz.com/buy-starz/create-account

Last edited by pacifichrono; 7th February 2018 at 02:01.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Just came here to mention this, pretty good so far.
    I'd tend to agree. Interesting adaptation, that misses out much of the book, conflates characters and does away with much of the exposition but still manages to work. Costume design also pretty good (I like Tanaka's new knot) and the locations are suitable altered. Minor quibbles but a really solid series. Looking forward to S2 and 3.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kickstart View Post
    Inside Number 9 seems to be getting better as the series progresses
    The episodes have been mostly very well written and played out. A couple have been a bit flat but bizarrely they get better watched again.

RIAC

another vote for altered carbon , westworld/bladerunner like with great visuals.

I finished first season of The deuce. I recommend it.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4998350/

Blog Entries
    Another vote for Inside No9, thought Zanzibar was fantastic.

^ Counterpart looks right up my street, will keep my eye out for that one - cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Another vote for Inside No9, thought Zanzibar was fantastic.

^ Counterpart looks right up my street, will keep my eye out for that one - cheers
    Just started 'Inside No9' and am really enjoying it. A bit of a late comer seeing as i enjoyed both 'League Of Gentlemen' and 'Psychoville'. I originally thought it was about politics for some bizarre reason so avoided it. A bit annoyed with myself really as it looks to be series 4! Reminded me of 'Tales Of The Unexpected' but funnier.......and darker in places.

Blog Entries
    Series 2 is on sky catch up if you have it

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    New and sadly last series of Engrenages (The Spiral) on BBC4 is again edge of the seat stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Agreed.

I just love Caroline Proust.
    Just finished this - very good.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Presuming this will have been mentioned a few pages back but have just finished the Sinner (after watching the first 7 episodes in December and not getting round to the final one until now).

7/10. Meanders a bit at the start which some people seem to find either intriguing on unengaging. Pretty good themes but not quite as dark as I had hoped it would be. Not sure I would watch a second series of it but my friends seem to rate it.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Spiral - Just finished this - very good.
    And not the last series (It may have been mentioned already, but I couldn't quickly find the original post).

M

Blog Entries
    Gomorrah season 3 -

Just got up to date with The Orville at the weekend and I have to say I'm enjoying it!

For those few who don't know, it was created by (and stars) Seth McFarlane and it's like Star Trek but with more humour, though it's not Family Guy by any stretch.

It really does have an early Star Trek feel, perhaps not the Original Series, maybe more Next Generation, in the sets and storylines and the humour just adds an extra dimension to it.

Probably not for everyone but I'm loving it.

I tried this, but it just felt like Galaxy Quest without the charm. Might give it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by thefatboy View Post
    Just got up to date with The Orville at the weekend and I have to say I'm enjoying it!

For those few who don't know, it was created by (and stars) Seth McFarlane and it's like Star Trek but with more humour, though it's not Family Guy by any stretch.

It really does have an early Star Trek feel, perhaps not the Original Series, maybe more Next Generation, in the sets and storylines and the humour just adds an extra dimension to it.

Blog Entries
    I've really enjoyed McMafia on BBC1 and am looking forward to Collateral, which starts today on BBC2 - hopefully will be good too.

I tried to watch Hard Sun but after 2 episodes gave up, it was too disjointed or perhaps it was me...?

Just finished Season 3 of Mr Robot. It's worth a watch.

Blog Entries
    I thoroughly enjoyed Spiral and about to start Modus also follow a lot on All4 Walter Presents.

Gomorrah season 3

Hard Sun what a waste of time

Finished Absentia on Amazon (Prime original) - a neat little who dunnit / FBI piece that although contains a lot of very obvious stuff has a couple of good twists in it. 10 epsiodes, each around 50 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by thefatboy View Post

I’ve really enjoyed it - it gets better and better. Some really clever storylines too.

Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    I've really enjoyed McMafia on BBC1 and am looking forward to Collateral, which starts today on BBC2 - hopefully will be good too.

I tried to watch Hard Sun but after 2 episodes gave up, it was too disjointed or perhaps it was me...?
    Totally agree McMafia was great, he is still no James Bond.

Collateral looks good.

You made a wise decision as I watch all of Hard Sun, the ending was very disappointing.

I agree. McMafia is good no-brain entertainment. Hard Sun was very disappointing (considering I like Luther) - needed to be sci-fi, or a crime drama, not a strange mix of both. We watched the whole series, but it didn’t really get any better.

Just finished season one of Star Trek Discovery.

Great ending and cliffhanger...

Yep and a nice nod to the history there as well!

Homeland is back for season 7.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Just finished season one of Star Trek Discovery.

Great ending and cliffhanger...
    I am about 5 episodes in and I have been pleasantly surprised.
    I watched Travelers after your recommendation so thanks for that.

Craftsman
    BBC has a new series on iPlayer - Young Offenders - set in Cork and based around two 15 year old "delinquents" (read loveable rogues). it's a TV series based off the excellent film of the same name. I have found it utterly hilarious so far.

Master
    Blog Entries
    BBC has a new series on iPlayer - Young Offenders - set in Cork and based around two 15 year old "delinquents" (read loveable rogues). it's a TV series based off the excellent film of the same name. I have found it utterly hilarious so far.
    I started watching it but it seemed to be exactly the same script as the film. Does it get any new material later on? I liked the original.

Only over 3 nights but Trauma has me hooked

Apprentice
    Mitchell and Webb sitcom.
    Called "home" or "back"
    Not sure which but an easy watch,
    Proper funny.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Gomorrah season 3 -
    ^^^^ Absolutely - Hope there will be a 4th

I've really enjoyed McMafia on BBC1 and am looking forward to Collateral
    I liked McMafia & Collateral looks pretty good after the 1st episode.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed Spiral and about to start Modus
    Agreed re Spiral - brilliant.

Modus looking OK, but hard to see how the plot line of the 1st 2 episodes could last very long without getting a bit daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Only over 3 nights but Trauma has me hooked
    Only watched episode 1, but looking pretty good so far.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post

I watched the first episode as the reviews have been good. Far too much style over substance and I've not had much inclination to watch episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Andy 264 View Post
    Called "home" or "back"
    "Back", apparently. Didn't know they were making a new series, I will be checking that out as I'm a huge fan of David Mitchell and Robert Webb. Thanks for the heads-up!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5676590/

Love the fact the reviews include "Peep show is back!" and "Don't expect Peep Show". Can't really blame people for comparing it to one of the all-time greatest sitcoms, but they have done other stuff. It doesn't have to be more Peep Show to be good.

Just in case the reviewer who gave it 1 star and said Robert Webb has no talent is a member on here, a reminder of one of the best things from That Mitchell and Webb Look: their tribute to Blackadder. I actually didn't get all of this the first time round, because I missed the second-last episode, which the first part is from:

Planning the Blackadder sketch continues:

The final sketch of that episode doesn't appear to be available online anywhere, but it's a completely overdone faux obituary for James Bachman "1972-2010", with the words "Tragically got put into a woodchipper for narrative reasons", followed by a fade-to-black and the words "SOD CANCER".

Then, in the next episode, the final sketch of the entire series:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy 264 View Post
    Called "home" or "back"
    Not sure which but an easy watch,
    Proper funny.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    Cheers for that, just watched first episode it's excellent

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    I started watching it but it seemed to be exactly the same script as the film. Does it get any new material later on? I liked the original.
    Episode 2 is all new and hilarious. There’s no Coke in episode 1 so not entirely like the film! 😀

Journeyman
    I enjoyed the first episode but Mrs K could barely understand a word...

Two doors down is one of my favourites

Young Offenders as above, loved the film and the TV series is shaping up nicely too. First episode did have a fair bit drawn from the full length and I’m sure there will be more throughout but it didn’t bother me personally. All filmed in the most beautiful city in the world too

Altered Carbon was excellent.

Glow was great fun, definitely one to watch with the missus. Who doesn’t love anything 80s, anything with wrestling and anything with attractive young ladies in it.

Currently watching Ozark. Worth a watch imo.

Craftsman
    We are on the penultimate episode of The Sinner and are really enjoying it.

Another vote for McMafia, some very good Russian actors in there. And I thought 'Eddie Jordan' was very good as Semiyon . Anyone notice that some of the scenes with Alex were filmed outside Rolex St James?

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Homeland is back for season 7.

Eddie

At last! Best character on TV....