closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 110 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Craftsman
    I quite enjoyed the original prison break but this new one is not captivating me at all, got a couple of episodes on the sky box. Is it worth sticking with? Seems to be going nowhere fast, but with lots of ott drama to get there!

Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    I quite enjoyed the original prison break but this new one is not captivating me at all, got a couple of episodes on the sky box. Is it worth sticking with? Seems to be going nowhere fast, but with lots of ott drama to get there!
    I'd say bin it. The first and second season of the original series were really good, the third was a bit iffy, and the fourth diabolical IMO. This revamp is following the footsteps of the fourth.

I think they've done as much as they can with the idea.

Master
    Watched the first episode of American Gods last night. If the first episode is anything to go by the I am in for a treat, looks amazing so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Watched the first episode of American Gods last night. If the first episode is anything to go by the I am in for a treat, looks amazing so far!

This has been brilliant so far. My only concern is that they need to bring together the threads of the story coherently, or else it could turn into a beautiful mess, like Legion.

I've been enjoying Schiits Creek recently, short episodes but enjoyable.

Journeyman
    Rick and morty is now a favourite of mine!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Sneaky pete is also not bad, have pbly just seen the 1st 2 episodes though

Master
    I just watched Ray Donovan series 1 to 3 on Amazon and can honestly say it is superb it blew me away the acting is just so good but as per usual with Amazon the 4th season isn't on prime so you have to pay for it and that's why I won't renew Amazon when it expires as it infuriates me having to pay but on Netflix you can watch anything on there.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    I just watched Ray Donovan series 1 to 3 on Amazon and can honestly say it is superb it blew me away the acting is just so good but as per usual with Amazon the 4th season isn't on prime so you have to pay for it and that's why I won't renew Amazon when it expires as it infuriates me having to pay but on Netflix you can watch anything on there.
    I know what you mean about the Amazon model. I think you have to be either all pay-per-download or all-you-can-eat. Having a combination of the two, particularly when some "seasons" are included and others chargeable just creates bad feeling.

Having said that, there's enough stuff justify the subscription for me e.g. Man in the High Castle, American Gods, Mr Robot.

American Gods - nope. Now maybe it's because I've read the book but the first epsiode was overly-stylised but lacking in any of the humour of the source material. It was a total mess. I'm going to try episode 2 over the weekend but don't hold high hopes.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but 13 Reasons Why. Ok it's on netflix but well worth a watch.

Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but 13 Reasons Why. Ok it's on netflix but well worth a watch.

Fish
    Yup I did a couple of pages back. I think it's quite a powerful series that starts without promising a great deal but I am glad I watched it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    I know what you mean about the Amazon model. I think you have to be either all pay-per-download or all-you-can-eat. Having a combination of the two, particularly when some "seasons" are included and others chargeable just creates bad feeling.

Having said that, there's enough stuff justify the subscription for me e.g. Man in the High Castle, American Gods, Mr Robot.
    That's exactly it as it does leave a bad feeling if I pay for a streaming service like Netflix then I expect to be able to watch anything on there yet on Amazon there are 4 seasons of Ray Donovan but I can only view 3 and if I want series 4 I have to pay the best part of £2 per episode and that bugs me so when my Amazon expires it won't be renewed until they change that nonsense!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    This has been brilliant so far. My only concern is that they need to bring together the threads of the story coherently, or else it could turn into a beautiful mess, like Legion.

Oh no they will because the book is great .

Legion I also considered terrific though...if only because its rare for a tv series to get as mind bending as this ( especially as on the surface its supposed to be some pulpy superhero thing). And the whole 70s vibe is lovely...made me want to immediately run ut and buy a vintage Bang and Olufson music system ...just for the lights and buttons.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerBabz View Post
    Rick and morty is now a favourite of mine!

Yes ...its so good.

I've watched both series multiple times . the season three early episode 1 release is a hoot as well if you haven't caught it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Legion I also considered terrific though...if only because its rare for a tv series to get as mind bending as this ( especially as on the surface its supposed to be some pulpy superhero thing). And the whole 70s vibe is lovely...made me want to immediately run ut and buy a vintage Bang and Olufson music system ...just for the lights and buttons.
    Legion was certainly lovely to look ok at. As you say, the 70s vibe was very well done.

On paper, I should've loved it, and I did initially, but I think I possibly didn't give it my full attention in the middle section, and it lost me after that.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    American gods.
    Not sure if it's been said already.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    American gods.
    Not sure if it's been said already.
    I still don't understand where it's going. Episode 4 was entertaining but I'm still not seeing an overall story.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blacklist is back (again) after its latest break on Sky Atlantic and, dare I say it, I enjoyed it more than any other episode this season. Maybe it'll end on a high after all...

New Season of House of cards out in a few days ,cant wait!

Craftsman
    Just started watching the new "Twin Peaks", extremely weird, but very good.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post

Did you watch seasons 1 and 2? I watched eps 1 and 2 of season 1 this week but don't think I'll make it through.

Can you just skip to season 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post

Brilliant isn't it?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    Did you watch seasons 1 and 2? I watched eps 1 and 2 of season 1 this week but don't think I'll make it through.

Can you just skip to season 3?
    If you can't manage series 1, I don't think you will like (or understand) series 3.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    If you can't manage series 1, I don't think you will like (or understand) series 3.
    I agree. It's marmite, and you either take to it quickly, or not at all.

I also think it's less about the story, more about the vibe/characters. I read that Lynch and Frost never wanted to reveal the killer, but had to after pressure from the network - they obviously just wanted to let it meander along.

"Ice" is a good watch with Ray Winstone, Donald Sutherland and Cam Gigandet despite Winstone's "peculiar" American accent.

Eddie

Just started watching 12 Monkeys, now on episode 7 of season 1.

More great post apocalyptic sci fi.

The handmaids tale...............very creepy but very watchable

Just started Into the Badlands - like it so far a couple of episodes in. Nice to have a few kung fu esque shows!

Also on ze list is Billions, Sense8, 12 Monkeys, Fargo (mid season 2) and Better Call Saul.

TV really is excellent nowadays!

Saw the first episode of series three of Fargo last night.

Loved the previous two and of course the original film.

This new series starts off promisingly with Ewan McGregor playing two brothers.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Just finished Season 2 of Wayward Pines. Not sure what others thought but I thought it was great! Also managed to catch the last season of Banshee and I think it wrapped it up nicely. 👍

Fargo Series 3

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Saw the first episode of series three of Fargo last night.

Loved the previous two and of course the original film.

This new series starts off promisingly with Ewan McGregor playing two brothers.
    As with the previous series this is a slow builder. I watched Series 3, Episode 6 last night and it has started to gather pace.

So far it has been another great series (I loved the first two and the film too). Ewan McGregor actually fits (and acts) the role(s) pretty well!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    Just finished Season 2 of Wayward Pines. Not sure what others thought but I thought it was great! Also managed to catch the last season of Banshee and I think it wrapped it up nicely. 
    I really liked Wayward Pines, especially the first series - gripping!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Captivated by Better Call Saul at the moment... it's been a proper slow burner, great build up... superb

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The handmaids tale...............very creepy but very watchable
    Just finished episode 1, excellent.

I know I've mentioned this before, but it really is worth another shout out, and recommendation, if you haven't already seen Strike Back, then buy it, right off the bat with season 1 it was amazing, but the thing is, each series right up to season 5 just kept on getting better and better, and its worth mentioning that this show appears to have a massive (millions) budget, but its one of the very few TV shows that has in-house actors who perform all their own stunts.

Its a proper guys film, loads of shooting, sex, and superb storylines. Damien Scott played by http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0822982/?ref_=tt_cl_t2 you will have seen him in Blindspot, , and Michael Stonebridge played by http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0934618/?ref_=tt_cl_t1 work so well together, it reels you in, edging them on, and wishing them well, some of the shootouts even though serious, and gritty, the dialogue, and swearing makes you chuckle as the banter between Stapleton, and Winchester during these scenes, its very obvious they loved travelling around the world filming this show, not to mention, performing their own stunt too boot. Stapleton suffered an injury during the filming, cannot remember off there top off my head which season, but it delayed filming for a while.

There's a sixth season too, unsure how this will shape up as theirs a new team, and no Stapleton or Winchester, but I will certainly give it a watch when its released, which it is anytime now.

Craftsman
    If not listed previously, i've just binge watched Sense8 - it really is amazing... A fair amount of NSFW however the storyline is worth it. Hoping for a season 3.

Re Sense8, given the cliffhanger at the end of Season 2 - much more than at the end of season 1, a third Season seems highly likely. I'm a huge fan too, one of the best and most original series I've ever seen. Love the Kung Futery - not surprising coming from the Matrix sisters (previously brothers).

Quote Originally Posted by Nt016 View Post
    If not listed previously, i've just binge watched Sense8 - it really is amazing... A fair amount of NSFW however the storyline is worth it. Hoping for a season 3.
    Doesn't look it I'm afraid -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/...cancels-sense8

On my list so I will be giving it a watching.

Master
    There was no Better Call Saul this week on netflix?

"The Crossing" looks interesting.

Eddie

I think it's been mentioned before but American Gods is really really good, the cinematography is great, has shades of Sin City in style.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Chabsy View Post
    There was no Better Call Saul this week on netflix?

Speaking of Better Call Saul, does everyone recognise Jimmy's brother Chuck from a previous existence - as singer and founding member of immensely successful British hard rock band Spinal Tap?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Just started watching 12 Monkeys, now on episode 7 of season 1.

More great post apocalyptic sci fi.
    I've nearly finished s3 of this now. It definitely suits binge-watching rather than week-by-week, as the plot gets a bit convoluted. I think it's possibly starting to lose its way (like any time travel serial tends to), and I think they're right to call it a day after s4, but on the whole it's pretty entertaining. A bit like Continuum - another time travel series I enjoyed.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I think it's been mentioned before but American Gods is really really good, the cinematography is great, has shades of Sin City in style.
    Just watched episodes 1 and 2. I like it... but what's with all the erect penis shots!? lol

Blog Entries
    Just watched the third episode of Paula.. ooya booya

Watch it...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Agreed. The soundtrack/music mix is exceptional too. Really enjoying it so far.

Cheers,
    Gary