closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Homeland is really hotting up now, no spoilers though, I think those watching it will realise whats going on, and whats to come, its all very well executed, with great writing.
    The last ep (S06E05) was out of the line in my opinion (a bit absurd).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Perhaps not as racy as some, but currently up to session 3 of Modern Family and the whole family is enjoying it. Worth watching just for Sofía Vergara

Very tasty
    I love this show. I avoided it for ages as the setup is very traditional. But it really is great.

And Sofia!! The first time I saw her (guest on Entourage) my eyes nearly popped out of my head, and spent the rest of the episode in awe. She is beautiful. She seems (though you never know) to be very sweet IRL too. She's always a guest on Ellen's chat show.

Master

Sneaky Pete

Watching this and only 2 to go. Really enjoying it and good to see Cranston again.

Currently watching the second season of Fortitude, and its shaping up to be as good, if not better, than the fist season.

It has a stellar cast too.
    Yes - very good

Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    Quarry

8 episodes, Sky Atlantic

Pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    We've just watched the first episode of Legion. I don't normally like superhero stuff, but this seems a bit more quirky and complex - bit like Jessica Jones.
    It definitely shows promise.
    Gave up after episode 2 - too surreal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    I'm a real hard one to please when it comes to a TV series, but I am absolutely transfixed by the History Channel's Vikings.
    Just finished S4 via Amazon Prime - really good

Homeland is really hotting up now, no spoilers though, I think those watching it will realise whats going on, and whats to come, its all very well executed, with great writing.
    Liking this after a slow start.

Billions S2 on now - S1 was excellent.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

This Country on BBC3 is very funny.

Master
    Try Suits or Grimm - broacst on Dave and W channels on sky.

Stan Lee's Lucky Man is back with season 2

Grand Master
    Loving Taboo. Final one tonight

Instagram @blowersmayfair
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by vcarter View Post
    The last ep (S06E05) was out of the line in my opinion (a bit absurd).
    What you think of the latest episode? Poor Peter, but a familiar face has turned up.

Craftsman
    What you think of the latest episode? Poor Peter, but a familiar face has turned up.
    A bit better ep than the last one, but again some inconsistent/predictable scenes (FBI agent).
    I don't know how long they'll let poor Peter suffer...

Journeyman
    I really enjoyed Rick n Morty

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerBabz View Post
    I really enjoyed Rick n Morty
    It's a bit of a acquired taste, but true, probably the best cartoon series currently on TV.
    Can't wait for 3rd season to start.

That reminds me, I quite enjoyed Trollhunters, a more traditional cartoon series by great Guillermo del Toro. It's has a old Buffy wibe. It starts slow and predictable but later on is really really good.

Journeyman
    3rd series of Broadchurch starts tonight. David Tenant and Olivia Colman reprise their roles with some of the original cast it looks like plus Lenny Henry. Loved the 1st series as a straight "whodunnit" but thought the 2nd series was a let down due to the other plot about his Tennants previous Sandford case. Plus i thought the murder trial outcome was obvious. Sounds like this series is a straight "whodunnit" again which bodes well.
    Will also make me think about going to the Dorset coast this summer again. Beautiful part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MelbournSimon View Post
    3rd series of Broadchurch starts tonight. David Tenant and Olivia Colman reprise their roles with some of the original cast it looks like plus Lenny Henry. Loved the 1st series as a straight "whodunnit" but thought the 2nd series was a let down due to the other plot about his Tennants previous Sandford case. Plus i thought the murder trial outcome was obvious. Sounds like this series is a straight "whodunnit" again which bodes well.
    Will also make me think about going to the Dorset coast this summer again. Beautiful part of the world.
    God, I hope it's more like the first series. The second was dire in so many respects that I'm surprised it was recommissioned. Olivia Coleman's stock is too high to be involved in turkeys.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Instagram @blowersmayfair

"I have a use for you"

'The last panthers' on sky is great featuring the late John Hurt. Subtitles (which I enjoy) it is a European crime mini series.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

Gave up after episode 2 - too surreal for me.

I've watched a few more episodes of Legion now, and I agree - trying to be too clever IMO. It's a shame, as it's a novel approach to a superhero TV prog, but just doesn't work for me.

Also, I've been watching High Maintenance. It's another novel concept - loosely-connected vignettes with a weed dealer as the central link. It's got some big names, and is certainly a bit different. (Possibly disappeared up it's own arse though).

Craftsman
    We've started to watch Big little lies, female characters in focus, but so far so good.

Thats me up to date with Fortitude, suspense is shaping up nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats me up to date with Fortitude, suspense is shaping up nicely.

The Americans season 5 starts today.

A vote for "Big Little Lies" with Reese Witherspoon, Shailene Woodley, and Nicole Kidman.

ALSO, starting Wednesday night this week (in the U.S.) is Season 2 of Kiefer Sutherland in "Designated Survivor."

The Americans season 5 starts today.
    In the U.K.?

I'm watching rEvolution on Amazon.

Produced by JJ Abrams company Bad Robot.

Set fifteen years into the future after a total worldwide power failure. No electrical devices work anymore, and no-one knows why.

Society has collapsed, and the USA has fragmented into rival territories.

As you'd expect, amazing production values, first class scripting, and outstanding acting.

So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

Set fifteen years into the future after a total worldwide power failure. No electrical devices work anymore, and no-one knows why.

As you'd expect, amazing production values, first class scripting, and outstanding acting.

God!! How will the 'smart phone' generation cope? i.e. they won't.

Craftsman
    I found Revolution for my GF to watch (she watches more TV than me). She loved it. But hated me for the fact I got her hooked and I knew full well it was cancelled after two series!

Craftsman
    i know this isn't new but i'm on the last season of 'the goodwife' and iv'e got to say it's up there with some of the best tv iv'e ever seen, every season and episode top quality can't recommend it enough..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by moggi1 View Post
    i know this isn't new but i'm on the last season of 'the goodwife' and iv'e got to say it's up there with some of the best tv iv'e ever seen, every season and episode top quality can't recommend it enough..
    +1 it's one of the few, which got better with new seasons and didn't become dull.

The good fight also good, but they should have kept Alicia :)

Craftsman
    Legion, really strange, but addictive.

Master
    I'm sure it will have been mentioned earlier on in this thread, but finally got talked into watching Walking Dead by my work colleagues. Excellent show. took a couple of episodes to get into it. Two weeks later and I'm on season 3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vcarter View Post
    We've started to watch Big little lies, female characters in focus, but so far so good.
    Starts on Monday on sky Atlantic I think. Going to give this a go.

Finished watching this last week. Really liked it, in fact binge watched in two sittings - the ending looks good for a season 2 !

Quote Originally Posted by stevieb View Post
    Watching this and only 2 to go. Really enjoying it and good to see Cranston again.

Started watching Catastrophe on 4ondemand....thought it might be your typical romcom but its brilliant...great one liners, excellent characters and laugh out loud funny...cringe a bit watching the rude bits with the wife mind but even those are injected (ahem) with great humour

Is anyone else keeping faith with The Blacklist? Still great when James Spader is on screen but I feel the writing has lost it's way this season.

Blog Entries
    They finally showed episode 11 of Designated Survivor. It's becoming a bit meh but will keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Is anyone else keeping faith with The Blacklist? Still great when James Spader is on screen but I feel the writing has lost it's way this season.
    Wife and I have just binned this off, as well as Person Of Interest. I think both started around the same time, were enjoyably silly, but have lost their way.

There's enough new stuff to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Yes - only because I feel I have invested so much into it. The latest before (another) break was better and I'm interested in seeing where they take it to close the season.

Blacklist Redemption has just started - not too bad so far. Not quite the same without Spader but the style is also distinctly different.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Yes - only because I feel I have invested so much into it. The latest before (another) break was better and I'm interested in seeing where they take it to close the season.
    That's it. I can't just bin it off now without knowing what happens. Grrrrr.

I know I'm very late to the party on this one, our planner is full of stuff and we're working slowly through it, but I really enjoyed Westworld!

It's sci-fi so obviously suspension of disbelief is a pre-requisite, thus I could forgive some of the inconsistencies. The performances are mostly excellent and the story is twisty and turny enough to keep the momentum going.

Can't wait for season two now.

new series Line of Duty BBC1 26th March - previous series have been terrific

Journeyman
    Series 2 of Follow the Money, is excellent, 4 episodes in & it's even better than the first.

Craftsman
    Patriot on Amazon Film. It was in their pilot season at the same time as Man in the High Castle but has taken longer to get made.

It's like a cross between breaking Bad and a Wes Anderson film. Well worth a go.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    Started watching Catastrophe on 4ondemand....thought it might be your typical romcom but its brilliant...great one liners, excellent characters and laugh out loud funny...cringe a bit watching the rude bits with the wife mind but even those are injected (ahem) with great humour
    I second Catastrophe too!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    +1

I also love Fauda - its on netflix only one season though (hope more will come)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4565380/

Master

Really? I don't believe we could be watching the same program, I thought this was pony.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I don't believe we could be watching the same program, I thought this was pony.

Is that the 2012 show that got cancelled?

- - - Updated - - -

Is that the 2012 show that got cancelled?

Journeyman
    I'd also recommend Billions, as season 2 will start shortly..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4270492/

Love on Netflix is an easy watching, kind of funny series.

The second series has just been released on Netflix.

60 Days in Jail.

Reality show whereby normal civilians spend 60 days in an 'open' prison.

They showed the first season on terrestrial tv recently, pretty good, - however I have just discovered that there's 2 more seasons out... I am nearly halfway through the second season and it's more interesting than the first. Would recommend

Quote Originally Posted by jchlu View Post
    In the U.K.?
    Its Stateside.

Patriot - on Amazon.

I wasn't sure after the first episode, then binged the rest as fast as I could. I thought it was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

Fair enough, it has solid but variable reviews. I've just finished the 22 episodes of season one, now about to start season two.

Did you watch enough to really get in to the complexities of the characters and storylines?

I think it keeps getting better the further in you watch.

About 100,000 have now signed a petition to bring it back.

I love post apocalyptic sci-fi anyhow.
    So clever my foot fell off.