closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Blog Entries
    Been watching the OA on Netflix and after about 5 episodes I'm a bit meh about it. Might stick with it and see it to the end though.

Also been watching Van Helsing and again it's a bit meh.

Watching Shooter with my son and that isn't too bad - we are both enjoying that.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    ^ That looks right up my street, thanks.
    Up your channel, surely? ;-)

Not sure if its been posted, but Taboo on BBC looks interesting. Its a sort of vague horror thing I think.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Been watching the OA on Netflix and after about 5 episodes I'm a bit meh about it. Might stick with it and see it to the end though.
    Just finished it, thought the same. There's something about this particular type of sci-fi that bothers me. I'm not sure if I'd class it as outright pseudo-sci-fi, but I'm not actually certain it can really be called sci-fi either. It walks a fine line between thought-provoking and lazy. What bothers me is that it seems to have some important things to say which, instead of actually saying them through the medium of a powerful drama, just kinda hints at them as if that makes it more "intelligent", which it doesn't.

It is at least an unusual story and not some instantly forgettable cookie-cutter rubbish, which definitely counts in its favour. It's mostly let down by not executing on some of its ideas well enough - not the sci-fi aspects so much as the more fundamental dramatic aspects like Prairie's relationship with her parents and the back stories of the other characters. Some of the acting is very good though, especially Phyllis "I'm eating a sandwich" Smith.
    Last edited by robt; 13th January 2017 at 17:44.

Enjoying Sneaky Pete, the premier was ages ago, but the remainder of the series is now on demand.

Up to episode 7 now of Sneaky Pete, its really hotting up now, Brian Cranston is in it too.

Any of you guys started watching, Taboo yet? If so, how does it compare to Peaky Blinders, and Boardwalk Empire? Curious as to know due to them all being period set around Prohibition.

Craftsman
    Not quite a 'New' TV series, but Series 4 of Sherlock which finished on Sunday has been a bit crap. Feels like the writers are struggling a bit and they need to get back to the pre-Moriarty 'new-case-every-episode' style of the first two series, rather than trying to settle everyone down with marriage and kids.

Hi SSTEEL
    Bit earlier than Prohibition.. 1814 , its been pretty good the first 2 episodes that have been on, impressive cast and sets all dark and broody moves at a good pace with dialect you can follow !, whether it can be as good for 8 episodes though !! anyway good start so far
    Last edited by arthurDALEY; 17th January 2017 at 15:06.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Hi SSTEEL
    Bit earlier than Prohibition.. 1814 , its been pretty good the first 2 episodes that have been on, impressive cast and sets all dark and broody moves at a good pace with dialect you can follow !, whether it can be as good for 8 episoes though !! anyway good start so far
    Yup, you are quite right, just been reading about Taboo, thanks for that, i will dig out the credit card, and buy the available episodes.

Taboo is great, I've just started The 5...hooked after two episodes!

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Taboo is great, I've just started The 5...hooked after two episodes!
    This one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4370528/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    That's the one!

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    That's the one!
    Thanks, I will check that out too :)

+1 for Taboo, good so far.
    Should be available on either BBC iPlayer if you can VPN to the UK, or via FX who are showing it in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by jchlu View Post
    +1 for Taboo, good so far.
    Should be available on either BBC iPlayer if you can VPN to the UK, or via FX who are showing it in the US.

Blog Entries
    Finished Better Call Saul S1 & S2 over the past few weeks - thoroughly enjoyed it, perhaps even more so than BB, which is saying something!

I'll join the choir wrt Taboo. I don't normally like stuff set in the 19th century, as it can end up being a bit twee, but definitely not Taboo - cracking stuff. Grimey and dark.

Not convinced by The Night Manager, can't see why all the awards. Hugh Laurie was in fine form but overall it lacked some suspense in parts. Taboo on the list now.

Finished season 1 of Sneaky Pete, brilliant, ended in such a open manner that a second season is possible.

Right now, I'm watching Shooter, episode 10, so far so good with only one more episode left, as said, its good, and worthy of your time.

Taboo is looking good, I just finished the first season of Bosche on amazon, pretty good and going to start series 2 tonight...

Journeyman
    I am on episode 9 of Backstrom on Netflix, I have actually really liked it and the story keeps unfolding. It is about a washed up Cop who heads up a special unit and has his own way of getting results. It has just the right amount of comedy to lighten the story lines and is worth a watch.

American Odyssey is worth a watch.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Final episode to go this evening of The five, great show, so thanks to those who recommended it, very gripping!

Journeyman
    Unbelievably I have only just started Homeland, seems good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Another vote for Shooter, really enjoyable. Also Roadies is well worth a look if you liked Almost Famous!

Journeyman
    +1 for shooter. Very much the same as the film to start with but the story evolves, roll on Wednesday for the next episode!

Master
    I think Shooter is done for this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Oh no really?! Off to check Netflix......

Journeyman
    Damn it zanderpants you're right!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Another vote for Shooter, really enjoyable. Also Roadies is well worth a look if you liked Almost Famous!
    +1 for Roadies really enjoyed it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    American Odyssey is worth a watch.

Eddie
    Yes, I really enjoyed it originally when on BBC2. Shame they are not making a second series - as S1 leaves it nicely balanced.

Craftsman
    Watching the expanse on Netflix, one of their own shows. Sci-fi story about the solar system being colonised and the three factions of earth, mars and the belts. Few episodes in and enjoying it so far, hopefully Netflix won't dump it halfway through.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    Watching the expanse on Netflix, one of their own shows. Sci-fi story about the solar system being colonised and the three factions of earth, mars and the belts. Few episodes in and enjoying it so far, hopefully Netflix won't dump it halfway through.
    Wiki says second season about to start "A 13-episode second season will premiere on February 1, 2017."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(TV_series)

Master
    Not sure if it's already mentioned but the new Black Mirror series on Netflix is very good. Worth checking out the previous 2 on Ch4 as well.
    Typical Charlie Brooker, darkly comic, twisted and often leaves you a little uneasy....

this isn't a drama type series but as a biker I'm really enjoying

Ride With Norman Reedus..... but I think most people might enjoy it and it does seem to explain why we ride these irrational things....

So it's Darryl from the Walking Dead in his series of road trips, he seems to be a real petrolhead biker and maybe why they gave him one as transport in the series.....

this isn't just a couple of Easy Rider type Harley riding boys thing, or I wouldn't be as keen,

they go on different machines and go to some not often seen parts of America instead of just LA and NY... this week he was in Austin with Robert Rodriguez and eat lunch with him in the actual T****y Twister bar!! (within his film studio)
    (somehow that twat JOliver got Salma Hayek onto Southend Pier on his show last week!! - I will never ever forget that scene in the bar)

and then down to San Antonio.... different vibe to the normal US stereotype images(well almost)

but he also comes across as pretty decent, humble down to earth guy and has some fun road trips and eccentric American characters he meets on the way....and some of the landscapes are just jaw dropping... what a great way to work...

http://www.amc.com/shows/ride-with-norman-reedus

Craftsman
    Watching Tina and Bobby on ITV. About Bobby Moore. It's OKish. It is kind of like a soap. Not a huge amount of football, but it's decent enough. My main interest is quite shallow due to Michelle Keegan to be honest!

Season 6 of Homeland is two episodes in

Craftsman
    House of Cards?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm quite enjoying Taboo. It's all pretty daft if I'm honest but the grimy period location and good turns by Tom Hardy, Jonathan Pryce and Stephen Graham amongst others makes it very watchable.

First episode of the current Homeland was a bit slow IMHO and I'm not very excited about the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    I'm quite enjoying Taboo. It's all pretty daft if I'm honest but the grimy period location and good turns by Tom Hardy, Jonathan Pryce and Stephen Graham amongst others makes it very watchable.

First episode of the current Homeland was a bit slow IMHO and I'm not very excited about the next.
    Completely agree Homeland was a bit slow and predictable. Hopeful that it sets it up nicely for a good season.

Taboo is in a different class. Really excellent, great locations, suspenseful dark atmosphere.

Master
    Nearly finished season 2 of Bosch its very entertaining, season 3 due soon as well as Better call Saul S3.

Craftsman
    Another vote for Shooter.
    That and Designated Survivor have kept me entertained for a while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    Another vote for Shooter.
    That and Designated Survivor have kept me entertained for a while.
    Annoyed that we have had to wait so long for episode 11 of Designated Survivor. They showed episode 10 mid December?!

Add : Episode 11 now scheduled for March!!!! WTF!!! I'll have forgotten what happened by then!
    Last edited by vagabond; 29th January 2017 at 19:41.

Fortitude is back for season 2.

Also found something on Sky called Quarry which was quite good. It was available to download all episodes immediately. Well worth a watch.

Chris

4 episodes into Sense8 now and whilst it takes a while to get going I'm glad I persevered, it's getting more interesting now.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    4 episodes into Sense8 now and whilst it takes a while to get going I'm glad I persevered, it's getting more interesting now.
    it's not to everyone's taste and can seem slow, but it really gets into its stride later with some great action sequences and the plot develops... it's no crash,bang pow but I enjoyed it...
    The Latino girl who moves in with the male couple is absolutely stunning and smokin' hot... though could do with a decent meal

Indeed!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Loved Sense8, and when you have finished season 1 there is the 2 hour Christmas special.

If it hasn't already been mentioned...Uncle now showing the third series (IMDb).

I didn't catch on until halfway through series 2, but they're all on iPlayer.