closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 5446

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Drugsland/Motherland

The new series stared last night following Police, Dealers, and users in Bristol, a place called Crack Alley where dealing is done in the open !, an excellent start as it dealt with all sides of the drugs 'war' hats off to the young coppers dealing with it every night really hard hitting stuff and if your local to Bristol, i presume you would know all of the locations they were filming in

and on the same night (Tuesday) is Motherland a real middle class who can embarrass each other the most comedy really well made and toe curling at times !, both are reviewed below

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8036521.html

The Last Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Watched the first episode of The Last Kingdom last night...and enjoyed it.

Given that there are only 8 episodes in all, it's not surprising that a lot of detail was omitted/altered, but I think they'll do justice to the book. The first episode certainly didn't suffer from a lack of pace.
    Something to look forward to?

I've just found this on wiki:

Series 3

This has been unofficially promised as of September 2017. It should appear late in 2018.

If it follows the pattern of the previous two seasons, it will be based on books 5 and 6 of The Saxon Stories. These are The Burning Land and Death of Kings.

Craftsman
    anyone seen sinners on netflix ? i'm three episodes in and am loving it, bill pullman is excellent as the haggered old cop

Quote Originally Posted by moggi1 View Post
    anyone seen sinners on netflix ? i'm three episodes in and am loving it, bill pullman is excellent as the haggered old cop
    Halfway up this page.

I've been watching The Good Place on Netflix. It sounds like a fairly typical American, over-polished, slightly twee sitcom, but it's actually not. It's pretty inoffensive, but it gets increasingly surreal and funnier as it goes on. I've just binged my way to the end of S1 and will be moving on to S2 next.

Master
    Just finished Season3 Narcos and that is right up there with the very best
    Roll on 4
    Finished season 1 of Mindhunter tonight too-pretty decent

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Just finished Season3 Narcos and that is right up there with the very best
    Roll on 4
    Finished season 1 of Mindhunter tonight too-pretty decent

There might not be a Narcos season 4. One of the producers was scouting for locations in Juarez, Mexico and stumbled into the wrong area and was murdered. Its still up in the air if they are continuing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I've been watching The Good Place on Netflix. It sounds like a fairly typical American, over-polished, slightly twee sitcom, but it's actually not. It's pretty inoffensive, but it gets increasingly surreal and funnier as it goes on. I've just binged my way to the end of S1 and will be moving on to S2 next.
    It's brilliant! I like inoffensive approach, really rare these days to have that kind of quality comedy.
    Anyway, as you say, I was little sceptical at first, but it grows on you and it gets funnier and funnier, Ted Danson again shows how good an actor he actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by caye031 View Post
    It's brilliant! I like inoffensive approach, really rare these days to have that kind of quality comedy.
    Anyway, as you say, I was little sceptical at first, but it grows on you and it gets funnier and funnier, Ted Danson again shows how good an actor he actually is.
    Yep, he's brilliantly deadpan in it. Janet (D'Arcy Carden) who seems like a minor side-joke in the first few episodes starts stealing the show more and more as it goes on and her "character" (if you can call it that) starts to develop. She's also quite a clever piece of misplaced sci-fi, for anyone who's a fan of Asimov (like me). Jameela Jamil, who is a kids TV presenter and has never acted before, is turning out to be a unexpectedly brilliant in this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post
    The Punisher on Netflix - Outstanding!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Finished Stranger Things and I have to say what a great show.
    Agreed x 2

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    We binge watched The Sinner on Netflix. It starts a bit slow and low-key, but once it gets going, it’s a great story.
    Just started this - looks good.

Godless on Netflix well worth a look if you like Westerns
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    started SOA the other week - now on season 3 already. ahah it's good!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Agreed x 2

Just started this - looks good.

Godless on Netflix well worth a look if you like Westerns
    I just started Godless as I like westerns but it is very slow but I am happy sticking with it as I sense it will be really good when it gets going.

Not a series but Last Men in Aleppo is well worth watching on BBC4/Netflix. It's about the White Helmet rescue workers.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've just finished the Mafiosa box set on All 4. I really enjoyed it - 5 series of 8 episodes each - each one had its own focus - the score was brilliant throughout and the ending did justice to the whole series. Now starting Snowfall!

Craftsman
    I just finished Ozark after a recommendation on here....I thought it was brillliant

Craftsman
    I'll second Godless on Netflix.
    Hoping to finish it tonight. If you can get over the menacing bad guy being one of the dimwits from Dumb and Dumber, it's great.

Finished both series of Start Up now and thoroughly enjoyed them. Edi Gathegi is outstanding as the Haitian gangster wanting more.

Just watched the pilot episode of Lucifer. Highly entertaining, especially the idea of having the devil as a rather fey Englishman running a nightclub in Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    Not a series but Last Men in Aleppo is well worth watching on BBC4/Netflix. It's about the White Helmet rescue workers.
    Good, but not easy viewing.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Watched new (first) German Netflix show 'Dark'. Superb stuff...crime drama with a side of sci-fi and some theoretical physics in the mix. Best not so say more for fear of spoilers but worth a look if you liked stuff like Fringe.

Craftsman
    watching godless at present...very enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Just watched the pilot episode of Lucifer. Highly entertaining, especially the idea of having the devil as a rather fey Englishman running a nightclub in Los Angeles.
    Just finished the first season, I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Just finished the first season, I loved it
    Lucifer is surprisingly good entertainment. My wife is up to date on this, and has been recommending it to me for a while, but I haven’t liked the idea - she watches Supernatural and other “teen” stuff (she’s in her 40s btw), but Lucifer has just enough of a subversive streak to separate it from this. Very entertaining, and Tom Ellis is clearly having a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    Watched new (first) German Netflix show 'Dark'. Superb stuff...crime drama with a side of sci-fi and some theoretical physics in the mix. Best not so say more for fear of spoilers but worth a look if you liked stuff like Fringe.
    JUst watched the first episode. The final scene reminded me of The OA.

I've just finished Gypsy on Netflix. Well, I say I watched it, she watched it while I wrote a better version in my head.

An idea with huge potential, this was padded out with crappy characters that have no point in the main narrative and... well... not much else. I can't really review this much further except to say don't bother.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    Really wanted to watch this, but couldn't get on with the dubbing. Would have preferred subtitles. Is it worth persevering with?

The thing that struck me about 'dark' was how similar it was to 'stranger things' in terms of plot themes etc

I think the netflix production team churn out so much stuff they are clutching for ideas and just turn to plundering other material. 'oh, so what's been popular? Oh, the revenant. Let's make a gritty series about fur trappers in the North West and get a dicaprio lookalike as the main character'

I did wonder how netflix could afford to produce so much content until i saw their subscription figures. No wonder they are churning it out.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

The thing that struck me about 'dark' was how similar it was to 'stranger things' in terms of plot themes etc

I think the netflix production team churn out so much stuff they are clutching for ideas and just turn to plundering other material. 'oh, so what's been popular? Oh, the revenant. Let's make a gritty series about fur trappers in the North West and get a dicaprio lookalike as the main character'

I did wonder how netflix could afford to produce so much content until i saw their subscription figures. No wonder they are churning it out.

Ps was very disappointed with the ending of 'punisher'. The last episode in particular was text book dross. Shame
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

For some awkward, silly comedy, but very entertaining I recommend "Nathan For You". :)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I've just finished Gypsy on Netflix. Well, I say I watched it, she watched it while I wrote a better version in my head.

An idea with huge potential, this was padded out with crappy characters that have no point in the main narrative and... well... not much else. I can't really review this much further except to say don't bother.
    We gave up after a couple of episodes..

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    We binge watched The Sinner on Netflix. It starts a bit slow and low-key, but once it gets going, it’s a great story.
    I almost gave up after the first episode but I'm 3 in now and it's beginning to peak my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    Really wanted to watch this, but couldn't get on with the dubbing. Would have preferred subtitles. Is it worth persevering with?
    Errr...it has subtitles...but you need to switch the language to German and subtitles to English. I have no idea why Netflix defaulted it to dubbed, terrible idea.

Didn't think it was anything like Stranger Things, which looks great but is a fairly empty story of kids in peril. Far more like Fringe in the context of looking at what time means and how one action affects another.

Craftsman
    Just halfway the 2nd season of "The man in the high castle" on Amazon;
    based on a novel from Philip K Dick (as also films like Total recall, Minority Report, The Adjustment Bureau, etc, etc) good!

Watching Manhunt: Unabomber. So far I'm sticking with it. Not entirely sure yet what I think of it but...interesting subject matter.

Quite enjoying travellers ( not the gypsy programme) good concept

Master
    Just discovered mindhunter. Interesting show about the beginning of psych profiling in the FBI during the late 70s. Directed by David Fincher too!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Like many people I’m watching the new Grand Tour, but I have started to watch the shameless box set from season one again. Really enjoying it too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Quite enjoying travellers ( not the gypsy programme) good concept
    Some personal story lines were not so great from beginning but they corrected mid season. Second season is even better. Low key sci fi.
    It reminds of short lived Odyssey 5

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Agree that dark is great and best viewed in German.

I'm really enjoying the marvellous Mrs masel on prime at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    I've been watching Tin Star. Getting a bit bored but the scenery is breathtaking! Just about worth watching it for at the moment
    Just finished it. Was worth watching. Quite different to anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    Also really enjoying Dark...just finished episode 4. I didn’t realise it was German and ditched the dubbing after 30 seconds - subtitles much better

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

I watched first three episodes, and I am really enjoying it so far. Be warned, this is brainchild of Amy Sherman-Palladin (of Gilmore Girls), so, we have a lot of rapid fire dialogues.
    Bit to girly at times, nevertheless very funny.
    I was mainly interested because they involved Lenny Bruce, and his character, although tone downed, is great.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Just about anything on BBC 4 !

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Just finished watching episode 2 of wormwood on Netflix. Enjoying it so far and would recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'd recommend Bojack Horseman on netflix. Just finished the 4th series.

Black Mirror season 4 on Netflix on December 29th. Woohoo.

Just finished The Night Of. Thoroughly enjoyable TV, and a shame it was only 8 episodes long.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_night_of/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I quite liked most of the Dr Who Christmas Special. Thoughtful though the ending dragged a bit.

Finished Dark on Netflix.

We thought it was very good, although tbh had a bit of trouble keeping track of which character was which in the different time periods (would’ve been easier if they were well known Brits/Yanks I guess).

Certainly interesting and worth a watch.

Apprentice
    May or may not have been mentioned in this 125 page thread - Vikings is definitely a good shout.

Confession to make i’ve been binge watching on Amazon prime over the christmas break. Quite gripping and good fun if you’ve a sound system connected up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk