closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 5388

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Don't waste your time with Quantico. My God, what trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    La Mante is good enough. And now watching another French Netflix show called Frozen Dead. Excellently shot and an interesting plot so far.
    Agreed - watched both and they were excellent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    Agreed - watched both and they were excellent.

Now onto ep. 3 of 'The Break'.... Belgium (thought it was French at first - languages not my thing). IMHO better than Frozen Dead. Worth a try as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Banshee is very good, think the box sets are still on sky
    Agreed - very watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    Now onto ep. 3 of 'The Break'.... Belgium (thought it was French at first - languages not my thing). IMHO better than Frozen Dead. Worth a try as well.
    Will check that out - cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Don't waste your time with Quantico. My God, what trash.
    We watched the first series. Started off OK, then went downhill rapidly. I think they looked at Homeland but then completely failed to produce anything remotely realistic or watchable, even by the standards of that kind of thing.

Watched the first 'Kiri' last night on Ch4 catch-up (the second one was on last night - Weds 19th).

It started pretty well. All about an abducted young girl in foster care and the impact on the social worker etc.

I quite like Sarah Lancashire's TV stuff, so I may be a bit biased though.

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    We watched the first series. Started off OK, then went downhill rapidly. I think they looked at Homeland but then completely failed to produce anything remotely realistic or watchable, even by the standards of that kind of thing.
    I lasted a few episodes but it's entirely laughable. From the Indian lead to the Muslim twins to the suicidal Mormon, through the nerdy fake gay guy to the badass female, it was a diversity and inclusivity party. Then the cliched "lessons", everything was just so f**cking monumentally STUPID.

That said, Priyanka Chopra is easy viewing.

Started watching Weeds from the start now Netflix have all 8 series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeds_(TV_series)

Craftsman
    Happy! Over the top and completely insane, dark and funny, highly recommended

And no, it is not Pharrell Williams' song, it's this guy

and this guy

Master
    Had anyone mentioned Babylon Berlin?

Have just watched 3 episodes on NowTV.

Very enjoyable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gex23 View Post
    Is this as good as the advert makes it seem?

Every time I see the advert I feel I should start watching it.
    Such a funny series! Maybe it’s because my mum’s family came from Derry that the humour just strikes a chord.

Tonight’s one line classic - describing the potato famine, “they ran out of spuds and everybody was raging”.

watched the first few episodes of power on Netflix, seems good so far

Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad The Bad View Post
    Started watching Weeds from the start now Netflix have all 8 series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeds_(TV_series)
    Its definitely worth watching. Not perfect - but the early series are very good. I think it lost its way a bit, then the plot veered wildly until they ended it quite well.

I found it quite difficult to like any of the characters though, even the ones we are supposed to be rooting for.

We’re on series 2 of The Good Place, and it’s even better than the first season IMO. Quite a complex plot for a sitcom. Very clever, and funny. (What the fork!).

Just finished The Punisher, which is by a large margin the best of all the Marvel series so far. The story has some depth to it and isn't populated with irrationally 2-dimensional characters. The acting is generally excellent throughout. Gets pretty brutal in places (some may consider that a good thing, others a bad thing).

Master
    Enjoyed the Punisher but for me wasn't as good as Daredevil and nowhere near as good as Jessica Jones (which was superb!)

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Just finished The Punisher, which is by a large margin the best of all the Marvel series so far. The story has some depth to it and isn't populated with irrationally 2-dimensional characters. The acting is generally excellent throughout. Gets pretty brutal in places (some may consider that a good thing, others a bad thing).

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Enjoyed the Punisher but for me wasn't as good as Daredevil and nowhere near as good as Jessica Jones (which was superb!)
    They were both good, but didn't have the same intellectual depth to them, plus both are let down by OTT acting in places. The Punisher is the first one to be able to really stand up against serious drama IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Just started on 'Californication' with David Ducovney, not new but it's pretty funny so far, plenty of norks too.
    Another vote for Californication. Right up my street, good nip count and laugh out loud funny.

Mrs hates it, bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    'Before We Die' boxed set on All 4 was fantastic.

scooter

Started watching Hard Sun iPlayer. First episode was certainly quite good.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    Rita, on Netflix is good. Like a Danish version of 'raised by wolves'

Craftsman
    Kicks showing on sky cinema mixture of funny, sadness and brutal life in the California gang related ghettos

Derry Girls is amusing.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Can anyone recommend some good comedies on at the moment?

We are coming to the end of Brooklyn Nine Nine for the moment...
    If you have Netflix check out 'Real Rob' with Rob Schneider. I doubt very much that he is really like this because his character is an insufferable prick but his Hispanic Mrs is switched on (and easy on the eye).

If you have Sky (or NOWtv) check out 'Dice' featuring the late 80's comedian Andrew 'Dice' Clay. Surprisingly entertaining to be honest, comedy tinged with a little regret.

Netflix again, 'Santa Clara Diet' is worth a look and so is 'The Good Place', both quiet clever in different ways.

Craftsman
    Just watched 2 first episodes of Babylon Berlin, well, I didn't expect it to be this good! Nothing in "a German period drama" sounds appetising, but it turns out to be complex, interesting, dark, fantastically filmed tv show populated with flawed characters that I already sympathise with.

Germans are on the roll, I just finished Dark which is also excellent.

Series 3 of Gomorrah starts on Wednesday on Sky Atlantic

Absolutely loved the first two series

"Gunsmoke," is a series that takes place during the settling of the American West. It follows U.S. Marshall Matt Dillon as he tries to maintain order in the rough and tumble town of Dodge City, Kansas.

Nothing like anything else mentioned here however I've started to make a point of watching the BBC's "Click" and "The Travel Show". Click is sort of along the lines of Tomorrow's World, the other speaks for itself! C4's "Travel Man" is a great alternative holiday programme.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Click is sort of along the lines of Tomorrow's World
    I've been watching it on and off for years since the first episode, when it was "Click Online". I definitely agree that since then it has evolved into the spiritual successor to Tomorrow's World, as these days it's less about the internet and more about robots and stuff. It's also probably the most under-appreciated programme on the BBC.

As someone who keeps up with tech news, I always assume I'm not missing much if I don't watch it. Then whenever I do watch it they have some exclusive behind-the-scenes interview about the latest thing at CES. It's amazing how deeply they can dig into the details of emerging technologies, yet still keep the format light and accessible. It's like he exact opposite of Gell-Mann amnesia: everyone assumes that because it's for a general audience that it must be light on details and full of mistakes. It isn't.

BTW, anyone else remember the original presenter, before Spencer Kelly and Stephen Cole? I think it was Dominic something. Tried googling it but can't find anything from before 2004.

Anyone with young kids (or even if not) should watch Hey Duggee.

So many references packed in including a lengthy Apocalypse Now one...which for an under 5s show is pretty brave.

I thought nothing would top Sarah and duck but this does easily.

Apologies for the slight tangent but it's been essential watching in our house for months

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    If you have Netflix check out 'Real Rob' with Rob Schneider. I doubt very much that he is really like this because his character is an insufferable prick but his Hispanic Mrs is switched on (and easy on the eye).

If you have Sky (or NOWtv) check out 'Dice' featuring the late 80's comedian Andrew 'Dice' Clay. Surprisingly entertaining to be honest, comedy tinged with a little regret.

Netflix again, 'Santa Clara Diet' is worth a look and so is 'The Good Place', both quiet clever in different ways.

I'll have a look at those - thanks!
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Nothing like anything else mentioned here however I've started to make a point of watching the BBC's "Click" and "The Travel Show". Click is sort of along the lines of Tomorrow's World, the other speaks for itself! C4's "Travel Man" is a great alternative holiday programme.
    I've always had a crush on LJ Rich and Kate Russell..:)

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    I've always had a crush on LJ Rich and Kate Russell..:)
    That leaves me with Lara Lewington. I think I can live with that

Just finished Britannia, really enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Series 3 of Gomorrah starts on Wednesday on Sky Atlantic

Absolutely loved the first two series
    An incredible, gritty, shocking & realistic show - can't wait for the new Series. I was in Naples last year, but didn't make it out to Scampia or Secondigliano!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Loved 'American Vandal' on Netflix.
    It's a mockumentary in a similar vein to serial (S1) base around a student investigation of an act of vandalism that saw a pupil expelled, trying to prove if he did or did not do it.

It's very well made/acted and it's not a spoof/comedy, but it's not based on true events either. There are a few silly moments (3rd base reenactment) but it's generally serious.

If you cannot tolerate teenage antics it may not be for you though.

It's all about the dicks y'all

Master
    Blog Entries
    Another vote for mcmafia on BBC also, can't wait for next week's climax, same goes for 'Kiri' on itv

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    Loved 'American Vandal' on Netflix.
    It's a mockumentary in a similar vein to serial (S1) base around a student investigation of an act of vandalism that saw a pupil expelled, trying to prove if he did or did not do it.

It's very well made/acted and it's not a spoof/comedy, but it's not based on true events either. There are a few silly moments (3rd base reenactment) but it's generally serious.

If you cannot tolerate teenage antics it may not be for you though.

It's all about the dicks y'all
    I really enjoyed this, had no idea what to expect and on paper didn’t look good. Oddly engaging and really funny, well worth a look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice

The crown

Highly recommended.

Blog Entries
    Having a mad binge on 30 for 30 documentaries, not much knowledge of the sports involved but the stories are fantastic. Anyone else interested in Russian ice hockey coaches?

'Dirty Money' on Netflix.

6 Very good documentaries on malfeasance in big business.
    The one on the VW emissions scandal is particularly damning.

https://youtu.be/CsplLiZHbj0

I'm late to the party on this one I know but I'm currently bingeing Black Mirror on Netflix. I've done it all in a bit of an odd order though as I started with season four but clicking "next episode" took me to the beginning of season three before I realised, so I then skipped back to season one after I finished three.

Surprised to find an episode with a happy ending (no, not that sort), it's the only one I've ever seen on BM! I won't post the name of the episode in case anyone still has to catch up.

Journeyman
    Yet another vote for McMafia

Craftsman
    Altered Carbon - started today on Netflix. Great book. Good adaptation so far - Blade Runner-sequel with real twists

Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    Altered Carbon - started today on Netflix. Great book. Good adaptation so far - Blade Runner-sequel with real twists
    Just came here to mention this, pretty good so far.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    9-1-1
    From the American horror folks. It's brilliant.

Love the books and the Kovacs character, looking forward to hopefully catching this.

Blade Runner + AI + Strange Days + Total Recall. And norgs. Lots of norgs.

Craftsman
    I am big fan of Altered Carbon novel, series expands on it and it is really visual treat, but it takes too much time indulging itself with certain scenes, but overall very good

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Blade Runner + AI + Strange Days + Total Recall. And norgs. Lots of norgs.
    Update: and the occasional willie.