closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 29 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 5388

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Just finished season one of Star Trek Discovery.

Great ending and cliffhanger...
    Yes, I think on-the-whole it's been a success. There's been a few missteps with silly plot-lines, and hopefully they'll let the spore-drive slip into obscurity, but the main story-arcs have been pretty good. It'll be interesting to see where they take it next series.

Quote Originally Posted by caye031 View Post
    Just watched 2 first episodes of Babylon Berlin, well, I didn't expect it to be this good! Nothing in "a German period drama" sounds appetising, but it turns out to be complex, interesting, dark, fantastically filmed tv show populated with flawed characters that I already sympathise with.
    We have watched the first 4 now, absolutely loving it. The soundtrack is fantastic as well.

I'm sure that one or two members of the forum have made an appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Homeland is back for season 7.

Eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post

At last! Best character on TV....
    Really looking forward to tonight's start of the new series, it's looking like it's kicking off straight from where the last series finished.

It can be slow at times though it's not short of twists and the last series has left me hungry for more. Given the current political climate in America this series could be a belter - I can't wait!
    Last edited by CardShark; 18th February 2018 at 20:53.

I can't remember if it has been mentioned yet, but Spanish robbery drama - La Casa De Papel (English title - Money Heist) on Netflx is absolutely riveting - with a cliff-hanger at the end of every episode. 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

Modus looking OK, but hard to see how the plot line of the 1st 2 episodes could last very long without getting a bit daft.
    How are you getting on with Modus; we switched off half way into episode 2? Ridiculous plot, poorly written characters and particularly badly-written dialogues. Clearly everything Scandi isn't always good.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Mosaic is pretty watchable so far (watched 3 episode). Far-fetched and implausible, but entertaining.

Macmafia was excellent. Aleksey Serebryakov as always drunken father was brilliant, was not convinced by James Norton acting.

Blog Entries
    Watched the first 2 episodes of 7 Seconds on Netflix...so far, so good.

Billions Season 3 coming to SKY Atlantic on 29/03/18.

Best thing on TV by miles and miles for me. Paul Giamatti is the finest character working today IMO.

Craftsman
    Really looking forward to the new season of Billions.

I watched the first episode of Save Me on SkyAtlantic last night...seems like it might be good and has a great cast.

Not a series, but might be of interest to anyone who did a stint as a squaddy in Northern Ireland. Squaddies on the Frontline, BBC iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09cfyj9/squaddies-on-the-frontline

Master
    Managed to catch the first few episodes of Get Shorty on a flight the other day. Based around the idea of the movie starring Ray Romano and Chris O’Dowd playing a hard man. Really enjoyed it so far, looking forward to watching the rest on the return journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Brazilian dystopian series 3% (available on Netflix) is shaping up nicely. Not the best thing in the world and clearly on a small budget, but it has that bingable quality that you need to watch the next one right away.
    It has bit of a Hunger Games vibe, and I fully expect some Black Mirror twist at the end

Master
    Blog Entries
    Seven Seconds
    Netflix

Brilliant grim new york (ok, jersey city...) Crime/detective/internal affairs 10-part series. You get the full story start to end, no need to wait for a second series.

Both swmbo and I agreed it was one of the best things we had watched in a while. There are a few poor reviews out there but I really cannot think why.

It's focused around the cover up of an hit&run in which a teenage boy dies.

Still waiting for Goliath season 2, in the meantime I’ll try 7 seconds...

Thought 7 seconds was great, equally 13 reasons why was excellent. Initially wrote it off as some sort of teenage angst-ty thing, but the other half was keen and it turned out to be well worth a watch.

Just started the first episode of Altered Carbon last night, anyone else have any views?

Wasn't a fan...it was missing something for me. I hadn't read the books, so can't comment on how faithful it is to those but overall I thought it was conceptually strong but poorly executed. There's just too many other sci-fi dystopian dramas and films going around.

Well that smouldering bonfire just re-ignited big time on Homeland

Wow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    Thought 7 seconds was great, equally 13 reasons why was excellent. Initially wrote it off as some sort of teenage angst-ty thing, but the other half was keen and it turned out to be well worth a watch.
    13 reasons why is superb, I think it should be mandatory viewing in schools for all 14+ yr olds.

I thought altered carbon was pretty good. I read the books last year and I feel the tv series I'd having a decent stab at it in broad strokes.

Started watching 2nd season of Jessica Jones but gave up half way through the first episode. It felt very slow and had non of the attributes of the first season. Maybe I'm being a little harsh but it'll take a while for me to return to it which is a shame as I enjoyed the first season.

Watching Superstore as well. A nice comedy set in, well a superstore.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

^^^ I really enjoyed Superstore. One of the best comedies produced in ages (I'm my opinion of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    Seven Seconds
    Netflix

Brilliant grim new york (ok, jersey city...) Crime/detective/internal affairs 10-part series. You get the full story start to end, no need to wait for a second series.

Both swmbo and I agreed it was one of the best things we had watched in a while. There are a few poor reviews out there but I really cannot think why.

It's focused around the cover up of an hit&run in which a teenage boy dies.
    Really enjoying Seven Seconds, thanks for the tip.
    It's good to see some International casts in these new TV series.

Save Me with Lenny James was great - all episodes available to stream on Now. OK, a bit implausible at times, very uncomfortable at others but very entertaining throughout. Some good actors involved too.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I thought altered carbon was pretty good. I read the books last year and I feel the tv series I'd having a decent stab at it in broad strokes.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I watched the first episode but found the acting to wooden, to many cliches for me. Will they ever run out of bullets!

I loved Stranger things and am enjoying Better call Saul immensely

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I watched the first episode but found the acting to wooden, to many cliches for me. Will they ever run out of bullets!

I am only half way through Altered Carbon but not sure I will make it to the end. This piece sums up my feelings about the series very well. Some spoilers ahead:
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/12/1...retro-futurism

Gomorrah is pure class

Save me - excellent.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Waco was quite good, makes you think how can be people so crazy in some situations...

Action Team.

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Wild Wild Country on Netflix is a really engaging documentary. I am very impressed.
    It concerns a massive new age cult that builds a city in a remote Oregon Valley in the eighties, triggering a serious row with the 40 odd locals in the area.
    Two episodes in and I am hooked. I am finding myself empathising more with the cult than the locals!
    Great soundtrack as well.

Blog Entries
    Damnation on Netflix - 2 episodes in and so far, so good...

Just watched the first episode of Tin Star with Tim Roth, bloody great so far!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Just watched the first episode of Tin Star with Tim Roth, bloody great so far!
    It is good, and so different to anything else I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s probably been mentioned but ‘Detectorists’ is superbly written, gentle and hilarious in equal measure.

On Sky Box Sets - Gomorrah and Maltese: The Mafia Detective

On Netflix - Fauda, Suburra, Nobel and Hostages

Just finished Fauda (chaos, in Arabic) on Netflix. Israeli series - 12 half hour episodes. Scary, edge of your seat stuff about an Israeli counter-terrorism unit. The team reminded me a bit of the team in Braquo, crossing moral and legal lines to get the job done against thoroughly ruthless enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Just finished Fauda (chaos, in Arabic) on Netflix. Israeli series - 12 half hour episodes. Scary, edge of your seat stuff about an Israeli counter-terrorism unit. The team reminded me a bit of the team in Braquo, crossing moral and legal lines to get the job done against thoroughly ruthless enemies.
    Fantastic series. Can't wait for the next season to come out on Netflix, not sure why it hasn't already.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Just seen this, thanks for heads up. Just signed up for Netflix trial so will gorge on this for the next couple of days

Homeland has got to be the best thing on TV right now.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

The Looming Tower on Amazon Prime is a very good series about the lack of cooperation between the FBI and the CIA prior to the 9/11 attack on the twin towers.

On a lighter note, Lee and Dean on C4.

Comedy about two builders that has just the right balance of laughs and pathos.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    On a lighter note, Lee and Dean on C4.

Comedy about two builders that has just the right balance of laughs and pathos.
    I watched the first episode and won’t be watching another.

I found it quite dull to be honest and felt it could have been done in a five minute sketch. I see further episodes as just a rehash of the same joke over again.

I’m looking forward to the new series of Plebs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    was not convinced by James Norton acting.
    Binned it after 4 episodes. I cannot bear to watch James Norton's ugly mug pulling the same old two facial expressions.

The boy can't act! He must have attended the Harrison Ford school of acting.

Future James Bond? Behave!
    Last edited by halfpasttwothirty; 3rd April 2018 at 10:26.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Homeland has got to be the best thing on TV right now.

Eddie
    As ever, it is absolutely thrilling. Danes is an amazing actress... here face just changes when the is having a mental episode. You honestly believe she is bipolar.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    As ever, it is absolutely thrilling. Danes is an amazing actress... here face just changes when the is having a mental episode. You honestly believe she is bipolar.
    I haven't got started on Homeland yet, but this comment made me thing of The Bridge (the Danish/Swedish version), which is excellent. I'm sure it used to be on Netflix, but it isn't anymore unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I haven't got started on Homeland yet, but this comment made me thing of The Bridge (the Danish/Swedish version), which is excellent. I'm sure it used to be on Netflix, but it isn't anymore unfortunately.
    All three series of The Bridge are on Iplayer at the minute.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    What a treat - to have not seen it before and to be able to watch all three series. The theme tune by The Choir of Young Believers still gives me
    goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    I am only half way through Altered Carbon but not sure I will make it to the end. This piece sums up my feelings about the series very well. Some spoilers ahead:
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/12/1...retro-futurism
    I'll warn you now - there's lots of gratuitous female nudity. I hope it doesn't spoil things for you.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    The Looming Tower on Amazon Prime is a very good series about the lack of cooperation between the FBI and the CIA prior to the 9/11 attack on the twin towers.
    This is shaping up nicely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post