closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,800 of 5468

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Master
    The night agent is worth watching

Silo on Apple TV is looking interesting, first 2 episodes superb, 3rd not too shabby either.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Really good especially as I hadn’t seen the previous series. Bit disappointed they didn’t give out the end times and remaining budgets.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I’ve got the final plus wash up program to watch and cannot wait as it’s been a brilliant series. Amazing footage of Canada too; I’d love to go there one day!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Watching Rabbit Hole with Kiefer Sutherland on Paramount +

It's no 24, but it's not bad.
    Started of good but after 3 episodes struggling to keep my interest

Master
    Blue Lights on iPlayer.
    4 episodes in and fantastic so far.

“Upright” on Sky has just started season 2. Tim Minchin wrote and starred and is very good.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    Silo on Apple TV is looking interesting, first 2 episodes superb, 3rd not too shabby either.

Only watched Episode 1 so far, which was good.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Really good especially as I hadn’t seen the previous series. Bit disappointed they didn’t give out the end times and remaining budgets.

We paused when they signed the book so we coudl see the time differences.

Winners were 2 hours before 2nd place, then 3rd place just 20 mins behind that.

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned it but on Netflix I watched Pepsi, where’s my jet?

Four episodes and really enjoyed it.

Thank you to everyone who recommended Colin from Accounts, it’s the funniest show we’ve watched in years!

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post

Watrched the first 2 episodes of this last night it's pretty good I wouldn't normally watch distopian stuff, but it's got me intrigued

The Office US is awesome. Yes I know its hardly new but for some reason I'd never watched it as I assumed it would be inferior to the UK version but it's not - it is very funny and Steve Carell is brilliant in it.

Plenty of Dwight Schrutes on tz-uk as well

Master
    Blog Entries
    Office US is superb, never quite the same when Steve Carrell left but stuff funny.

Parks and recreation has appeared on itvx, I saw on sky and if you haven't watched it, it's brilliant on the daft and high brow level.

Currently binging on Disney+ and recommend....

The Bear
    Andor
    The old man
    Candy
    Dopesick

I'm a bit behind on some TV series. I just watched/finished Bodyguard and thought it was quite good. Was it only intended to be a six-part series?

Blog Entries
    Yes, originally a BBC 6 part drama, now taken up by Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Yes, originally a BBC 6 part drama, now taken up by Netflix.
    Too bad they didn't continue it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The Office US is awesome. Yes I know its hardly new but for some reason I'd never watched it as I assumed it would be inferior to the UK version but it's not - it is very funny and Steve Carell is brilliant in it.

Plenty of Dwight Schrutes on tz-uk as well
    One of the very few series I’ve ever watched right through twice. Fantastic show and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Thank you to everyone who recommended Colin from Accounts, it’s the funniest show we’ve watched in years!
    Just watched this and found it very good.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I love Dwight schrute.

sci fi

I am just starting to watch Foundation on Apple TV. absolutely jaw dropping visuals. As a fan of this sort of thing I can't wait for the next Dune to drop. the previous one again was just superb.

Annika on the Beeb, also quirky and good with the excellent Nicola Walker I the titular rôle.

Craftsman
    Just rewatched all three seasons of Mr Inbetween on Disney +. It really is brilliant.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Just rewatched all three seasons of Mr Inbetween on Disney +. It really is brilliant.
    Was planning to do this myself, amazing show!

Just sad they only did 3 seasons……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not new but they are currently reshowing "Rovers" on Sky Comedy.

Hilarious and so much like the reality of non league football clubs.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quite an old series but finally got around to watching Lucifer, light hearted, its not a comedy but does have no laughing with his comments, very enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Was planning to do this myself, amazing show!

Just sad they only did 3 seasons……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed...even my missus was hooked on Mr Inbetween...will have to watch it again..class

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post

Seconded, watched it with the wife over the last couple of nights, haven't had that many laughs from a series in years.

Netflix just dropped ten episodes of Arnold's new spy series fubar. My 26 year-old son watched the first episode with me and we were both underwhelmed...the quality just wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Netflix just dropped ten episodes of Arnold's new spy series fubar. My 26 year-old son watched the first episode with me and we were both underwhelmed...the quality just wasn't there.
    Agree. I watched 3 last night and felt it was below average. I'll probably stick with it though and watch it when I'm at a loose end / finished other shows

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Just finished Black Bird on Apple+
    Very good
    If you like mindhunter you will like this.

Also finished Steeltown Murders yesterday which was decent.
    Last edited by Hood; 28th May 2023 at 02:05.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by toezapper View Post
    Annika on the Beeb, also quirky and good with the excellent Nicola Walker I the titular rôle.
    Watched episode 1 and thought it was really poor, horribly obvious and ridiculous in parts. My wife's a fan of the lead actress but even she's not wasting her time on another episode and she watches loads of crap tv!

Blog Entries
    We also usually like Nicola Walker's stuff but this was very poor - didn't even get through episode one!

Craftsman
    We also usually like Nicola Walker's stuff but this was very poor - didn't even get through episode one!
    I found three initial episodes of Annika just terrible and lacking in any decent plot line, possibly because each separate episode is around an hour long and it’s just not that interesting. Nicola Walker talking to the camera is slightly cringey too?!

Blog Entries
    What's even more disappointing is that she wrote and directed it too. That's her career on the other side of the camera over I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Show's of the calibre of The Sopranos, I'd also add the Wire, really do reset the bar.
    completely agree with this. haven't started succession yet but havent found anything to touch those two.

The Chernobyl drama was very, very good though.

Currently enjoying Barry on sky, black comedy about a hitman turned actor. I'd recommend.

Master
    What's even more disappointing is that she wrote and directed it too. That's her career on the other side of the camera over I think.
    I genuinely struggle to understand how such dross gets the go ahead to produce it. Utter tripe.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just finished watching The Patient. Not overlong but definitely worth a watch.

As others have rightly said, the US Office is simply sublime.

And while we are talking a little retro, I have just watched “Chuck” all the way through for the second time on Amazon.

Utterly brilliant on every level and quite unique - a dramedy perhaps.

Not only does it have the most incredible guest stars throughout its five season run of any show I’ve ever seen, but it is so, so clever. Funny, moving, exciting and just sheer feel-good fun in a way I’ve never encountered in any other show.

The two leads, Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski are utterly perfect and the chemistry is unparalleled.

Has anyone else here watched it all the way through? If not, do yourselves a favour.

Oh, and Yvonne is quite seriously the most gorgeous female lead and exceptional actress that I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching. Closely.

Not for nothing is it very highly rated on IMDB and has a very strong fanbase to this day.
    So clever my foot fell off.

I’m enjoying the Good Doctor; either on Ch.4 catch up or Amazon Prime. A very succinct synopsis is its an almost Americanised version of Doc Martin, but set in a Hospital with a young Autistic Doctor as the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I spotted ths guy in Galaxy Quest the other day:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

And while we are talking a little retro, I have just watched “Chuck” all the way through for the second time on Amazon.

Utterly brilliant on every level and quite unique - a dramedy perhaps.

Not only does it have the most incredible guest stars throughout its five season run of any show I’ve ever seen, but it is so, so clever. Funny, moving, exciting and just sheer feel-good fun in a way I’ve never encountered in any other show.

The two leads, Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski are utterly perfect and the chemistry is unparalleled.

Has anyone else here watched it all the way through? If not, do yourselves a favour.

Oh, and Yvonne is quite seriously the most gorgeous female lead and exceptional actress that I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching. Closely.

Not for nothing is it very highly rated on IMDB and has a very strong fanbase to this day.
    Yep I watched it a fair while ago and agree it is a great series with an amazing cameo list.

I can't really state my thoughts on S5 without having spoiler tags available....

Zachery Levi is still trying to get a film off the board I gather but it's been 10 years or so now.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Yep I watched it a fair while ago and agree it is a great series with an amazing cameo list.

I can't really state my thoughts on S5 without having spoiler tags available....

Zachery Levi is still trying to get a film off the board I gather but it's been 10 years or so now.
    If you set the text colour to white, you can do a sort of spoiler simulation, where you can only read the text if you select it [spoiler]Example white text[/spoiler]

Master
    Blog Entries
    Started to watch Mr Inbetween. So far excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I spotted ths guy in Galaxy Quest the other day

I love that film.

Never give up. Never surrender.

Watched the last (ever?) episode of Ted Lasso yesterday on Apple TV.

This is a series I have thoroughly enjoyed from the very beginning and whilst it has veered off course a few times the central themes the writers brought to the screen are hugely enjoyable to watch.

Season 3 (just finished) started off with darker tone but mid-way through it really kicked on and last nights finale (well, it was released Wednesday 31st) was, for me, a complete joy to watch. I know the reviews for it have been pretty dire but I loved it and if the series does end there (as is heavily rumoured) then I for one will really miss it.

It's one of the very best series that came along in Covid times and was just the tonic for many people.

Thought I’d give Poker Face a watch. It’s not bad at all and very much reminds me of watching Columbo all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by toezapper View Post
    I tried this and couldn't wait for it to end. Thought it was absolute tripe, which was frustrating as it had so much potential to be good and just seemed to miss every single opportunity.

Proves that we aren't all the same!

Clive Myrie's Italian Road Trip

Quite enjoying Clive Myrie's Italian Road Trip on BBC. He doesn't always come across as the most natural and relaxed visitor and some of the 'hidden gems' he uncovers have been seem numerous times on the TV before, but it is a relaxing travel show to watch with a glass of wine after a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Quite enjoying Clive Myrie's Italian Road Trip on BBC. He doesn't always come across as the most natural and relaxed visitor and some of the 'hidden gems' he uncovers have been seem numerous times on the TV before, but it is a relaxing travel show to watch with a glass of wine after a long day.
    Yeah he's enthusiasm for Italy seems natural, prior to 2016 we were seriously thinking of moving to Italy, anything else I say on the subject is only fit for the BP.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Yeah he's enthusiasm for Italy seems natural, prior to 2016 we were seriously thinking of moving to Italy, anything else I say on the subject is only fit for the BP.
    It is his manner when he is around other people which seemed a bit clunky to me. He clearly loves Italy though...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Really enjoying Tulsa king at the minute.