closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 84 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,200 of 5470

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

That was superb. What an utter sh*t show.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Trainwreck:Woodstock 99 on Netflix, talk about a screwed up festival. It’s a must see tbh…

I've just finished it and thought the same. Lead actor was fantastic. I thought it was sensitively made considering the subject matter. I thought it was going to be a lot more violent and gory but pleased they stayed true to what's out there in the public domain and didn't sensationalise the violence for dramatic effect.

A great touch was that his demise was the most graphic, making any claim of sensationalist killing about the serial killer. I'm now watching The John Wayne Gasy Tapes. Arguably a worse serial killer that Dahmer (relatively) but it's not as gripping and it isn't a drama. It's a mix of interviews with those involved and recordings of Gacy.

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Dahmer on Netflix is dark & gripping!

Agreed, I didn't find it at all gory. Lots of the violence was implied which is still psychologically disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Dark but wouldn’t say gory to be honest. Or I missed those parts as not affected. My wife hates gore and has not complained once yet.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not new but if you like legal dramas, The Good Wife on All4 is excellent (as if the follow up drama, The Good Fight on Amazon Prime).

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Anyone seen Mr In Between? Its billed as an Australian comedy drama. The humour is right up my street. I think series 1 is on the Disney channel of all places. Its hard to explain without any spoilers but it is about a criminal/hitman for hire juggling his work with family and friend issues. I think its a few years old now but there are lots of clips on youtube to get a flavour of it

Craftsman
    The Old Man with Jeff Bridges

Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    Im sure its been mentioned but my son and I and working through Suits on Netflix.
    Oh how we love Harvey !!
    Up to series 6 now so 3 more to go . You need to keep on top of things as its pretty complex and as a lawyer friend said " i wish all my documents are two pages and can be read in 5 seconds " but thats missing the point.

And Donna .................................................
    Yes! I’ve been watching 3 or 4 episodes at a time for the last few weeks, on season 8 now, it’s been interesting watching the characters develop, I’ve even grown fond of Lewis Litt.
    And yes, Donna…
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus04 View Post
    Anyone seen Mr In Between? Its billed as an Australian comedy drama. The humour is right up my street. I think series 1 is on the Disney channel of all places. Its hard to explain without any spoilers but it is about a criminal/hitman for hire juggling his work with family and friend issues. I think its a few years old now but there are lots of clips on youtube to get a flavour of it
    Mr Inbetween was/is excellent, if you enjoyed that search out for Happy! Very similar concept and even crazier!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanKing View Post
    Mr Inbetween was/is excellent, if you enjoyed that search out for Happy! Very similar concept and even crazier!
    Happy! was one of the most off the wall and crackers series i’ve ever seen, loved it!
    Will check Mr Inbetween out now.

Craftsman
    Mr Inbetween was superb.

Dharma on Netflix is pretty strong.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Agreed, I didn't find it at all gory. Lots of the violence was implied which is still psychologically disturbing.
    Half way through it. I did read people couldn't get past the first episode as so disturbing etc however it was not quite that bad.....well so far anyhow!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Watched 5 episodes last night with my wife. Loved it. Lot of fun as you say.
    Avoided Cobra Kai for years as assumed for kids and didn't realise it was mainly adult humour.

The best thing about it of course is the reversal of roles - the Karate Kid himself is a bit of an annoying idiot and Jonny Lawrence is the guy you end up loving as he is hilarious. Total opposite of the movies!!!!

Master
    One of my favourites! Have watches it a couple of times through now and it got better on second watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might have been mentioned before, but The Boys is pretty good. Dark twist on your usual superhero shows.

Really enjoying the Amazon show 'The Rings Of Power', the last episode ending was amazing, considering I wasn't that plussed on watching this as I was gearing up for 'House Of Dragons' (which tbh is stale)...

The Rings Of Power is highly recommended...

Master
    BBC recently have been hitting it out of the park.

1) Crossfire. First two episodes are edge-of-the-seat, nail-biting stuff. Keeley Hawes is excellent as usual.
    2) The Capture. Tense and twisty, state-of-the-art drama
    3*) Inside Man. Properly twisted story-line, like a four-hour episode of Inside Number Nine. Written by Stephen J Moffat, who does some of the better Dr Who episodes.
    4*) Shetland. Compelling and very-well acted

Others

1*) She-Hulk. Taking a long time to hot up, but getting there.
    2*) Rings of Power. Good in a LOTR sort of way.

* means I've not finished these, more to happen...

Master
    Just getting into The Leftovers, interesting so far, heard it gets better in season 2 and 3.

Well that certainly turned out to be true! One of the most interesting and thought-provoking series I have watched, and with a good ending too, which is very rare, unlike Line of Duty, GOT, Dexter, Sopranos etc.
    Last edited by aksing; 7th December 2022 at 20:17.

Master
    Blog Entries

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Really enjoying the Amazon show 'The Rings Of Power', the last episode ending was amazing, considering I wasn't that plussed on watching this as I was gearing up for 'House Of Dragons' (which tbh is stale)...

Yes my thoughts as well, enjoying it far more than the GOT prequel

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Just getting into The Leftovers, interesting so far, heard it gets better in season 2 and 3.
    Funnily enough just started watching this a couple of nights ago. Superb so far!

Master
    Just started The old man- I’m enjoying it

I’m rewatching Taboo. Superb.

i am struggling with both, House of Dragons is just so slow with nothing really happening. Rings of power is ok, but neither have me waiting for the new episodes like with GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by stuchyg View Post
    I have sat down to watch BCS on three separate occasion on never got past the first episode for some reason
    You have to stick with it. I felt the same. Starts off slow but honestly I reckon its better than BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    You have to stick with it. I felt the same. Starts off slow but honestly I reckon its better than BB.
    I stoped after 10 episodes or so - I couldn't stand main character.

I recently discovered an absolute gem on Amazon - Rob Riggle: Global Investigator

If you haven't see this, do yourself a favour and watch. It is completely original, informative and very funny. The basic premise is Rob investigates a genuine historical mystery - eg Knights Templar, Pirates etc, and meets genuine experts. But Rob isn't quite your normal documentary presenter... you just have to watch it.

It's quite brilliant.

"Has anyone patented the butt-sponge do you know?"
    Last edited by TheFlyingBanana; 7th October 2022 at 20:46.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    i am struggling with both, House of Dragons is just so slow with nothing really happening.
    It feels slow but also moves so fast I don’t care about any of the characters. And the dragons are lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchmanuk4 View Post
    It feels slow but also moves so fast I don’t care about any of the characters. And the dragons are lame.
    Have to agree it’s like watching a very average 20 hour long movie cut up to make 20 odd episodes finding it hard to connect with any characters , Matt Smith is actually better than I expected and Paddy Constantine great but just feels hollow compared to GOT.

Anyway “Curb your enthusiasm” I’m 10-15 years late to it but simply superb
    Larry David I salute you.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    BBC recently have been hitting it out of the park.

1) Crossfire. First two episodes are edge-of-the-seat, nail-biting stuff. Keeley Hawes is excellent as usual.
    2) The Capture. Tense and twisty, state-of-the-art drama
    3*) Inside Man. Properly twisted story-line, like a four-hour episode of Inside Number Nine. Written by Stephen J Moffat, who does some of the better Dr Who episodes.
    4*) Shetland. Compelling and very-well acted

Others

1*) She-Hulk. Taking a long time to hot up, but getting there.
    2*) Rings of Power. Good in a LOTR sort of way.

* means I've not finished these, more to happen...
    I’ve just watched the latest series of Shetland and thought it was brilliant.
    I have heard good things about Crossfire too!

Master
    Started watching Snabba Cash last night
    A sort of Swedish"The Wire"
    very good so far

Blog Entries
    Check Stanley Tucci out in Inside Man.

Superb as ever

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2500 View Post
    I’ve just watched the latest series of Shetland and thought it was brilliant.
    I have heard good things about Crossfire too!

Shetland is always good , be interesting
    To see if Tosh takes over now Perez has left ?
    I enjoyed Crossfire reckon there is a follow up series in the offing there....

Master
    The Bear on Disney +, one of the best things I have seen all year. Truly exceptional, can’t recommend highly enough!

rings of power , house of the dragon, dahmer - all 8+ /10 and worth a watch
    andor - 4/10 gave up 2 eps in

The Watcher on Netflix.

Six episodes in (all last night) and very good so far.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    The Bear on Disney +, one of the best things I have seen all year. Truly exceptional, can’t recommend highly enough!

I’ll check it out, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    The Watcher on Netflix.

^^ Thought this was fantastic, and based on a true story. ^^
    Last edited by Zephyr; 17th October 2022 at 22:27.

Master
    Shantaram has started on Apple TV - a fantastic book that's been stuck for years in various states of limbo in film and tv land.

The Old Man on Disney+ is good. In the vein of Bourne, John Wicke and Nobody, and breaks absolutely no new ground.
    Last edited by hogthrob; 17th October 2022 at 17:04.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    The Old Man on Disney+ is good. In the vein of Bourne, John Wicke and Nobody, and breaks absolutely no new ground.
    I’ve been watching it and enjoying it, John Lithgow and Jeff Bridges take it to a level the plot and script probabyl don’t.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    The Watcher on Netflix.

Just hanging in after one episode. Do I carry on or is it the usual Yank offering

Pitch

Agreed. Finished it last night.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

forgot to add > season 2 of gangs of london starts this thur (20th) , if you have not seen the first season its well worth a go.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Sure it’s been mentioned before but Cobra Kai is a real fun watch.

Daft but a lot of fun
    Absolutely love Cobra Kai and heartily recommend it.

Also suggest Superstore on Netflix if comedy is up your street. It's about retail workers in a Target/WallMart style shop, went 6 seasons and started pre COVID and paused in the pandemic then came back and was contemporary to COVID and how the USA retail sector dealt with it. Amusing and horrifying at times.

Rgds

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Watched The Bear within a couple of days. It's exceptional! The writing, cast, direction, are all wonderful. It's such a special show, both gritty and strangely feel-good and uplifting. Watch out for cameo of the year by Jon Bernthal too. Absolutely loved it!

I also watched Dahmer. Have to say, it felt needlessly stylised in it's grisliness and I found the performance by Evan Peters difficult to judge. I think he delivered a complex and chilling take, but couldn't stop myself thinking this was a real man who murdered many people, ruined many lives. Should he be portrayed in this manner for our entertainment? At points he is zany and funny, it feels tone-deaf.

It's well-made as entertainment I think, but not particularly accurate historically and left me feeling a bit dirty. I understand the victims families were not consulted about the production or even notified, and they will receive nothing financially. It is merely re-publicising and no doubt compounding their pain. I regret watching it.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Just hanging in after one episode. Do I carry on or is it the usual Yank offering

Pitch
    I'd recommend persevering. Although the final episode was rather odd/disappointing.

Still a decent watch if you take all into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Watched The Bear within a couple of days. It's exceptional! The writing, cast, direction, are all wonderful. It's such a special show, both gritty and strangely feel-good and uplifting. Watch out for cameo of the year by Jon Bernthal too. Absolutely loved it!

I also watched Dahmer. Have to say, it felt needlessly stylised in it's grisliness and I found the performance by Evan Peters difficult to judge. I think he delivered a complex and chilling take, but couldn't stop myself thinking this was a real man who murdered many people, ruined many lives. Should he be portrayed in this manner for our entertainment? At points he is zany and funny, it feels tone-deaf.

It's well-made as entertainment I think, but not particularly accurate historically and left me feeling a bit dirty. I understand the victims families were not consulted about the production or even notified, and they will receive nothing financially. It is merely re-publicising and no doubt compounding their pain. I regret watching it.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    i have to say i felt pretty similar regarding dahmer though i tried to judge it on evan peters performance - it felt almost like a documentary.

Master
    What do the panel think of the new 'All Creatures Great and Small' on 5 Thursdays at 9pm?
    We also watch the original on Drama in the afternoons.
    No comparison ioo.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    What do the panel think of the new 'All Creatures Great and Small' on 5 Thursdays at 9pm?
    We also watch the original on Drama in the afternoons.
    No comparison ioo.
    The original is better

I have just watched 'Tales from The Loop' on Amazon Prime Video.
    An 8 part series about family lives in and around a futuristic 'underground lab' which bends the limits of physics and reality. That description sounds a bit 'Stranger Things', which couldn't be further from the reality.

I really don't know if I thought it was good or not, but it was quite enjoyable in a strange 'arty' way.
    Think 'Simon and Garfunkel meets Short Circuit' and you will be somewhere close.