closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lemmy has passed away

Banned

Lemmy has passed away

I can hardly write this, I don't want to believe it lemmy has left us.

Gutted, RIP big fella.

Not a bad score of 70yo...

Sad news. A genuinely nice person with a great sense of humour.

"Death is an inevitability, isn't it? You become more aware of that when you get to my age. I don't worry about it. I'm ready for it. When I go, I want to go doing what I do best. If I died tomorrow, I couldn't complain. It's been good."
    Lemmy Kilmister 1945 - 2015

Banned
    It has genuinely shocked me, he lived his life though.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    very sad news indeed, I was looking forward to seeing them/him again at the end of Jan, RIP lemmy

Legend
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Grand Master
    Very sad, it appears that every christmas / New Year we always lose a good un, party hard old boy
    RIAC

I would say RIP but Lemmy would never 'rest in peace' anywhere! A GREAT Briton if I've ever seen one.

Even though he'd been ill over the past few years, genuinely shocked.

RIP

Malc

Lemmy will be missed.

Gives an other meaning to Killed by Death now.

Top bloke. brought a great energy and life to the scene.
    The one time I met him backstage in Liverpool in 1985, he taught me how to snort vodka from an upside-down shot glass.

Top bloke, great music.

He was a great frontman for a great band. I don't think 'rest in peace' is appropriate though!

One of the true greats. RIP Lemmy.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    A sad loss. He'll stir up the heavens.

Master
    Just read this, so so sad................................

RIP Lem

Master
    This is very sad. Never managed to see them play live so feel like I've really missed out. He was a real legend and a real loss.

I read somewhere that when he was a very young kid wheeling and dealing he used to always say to people 'lemme borrow a fiver' and the name
    'Lemmy' stuck.
    Sad to hear he has died- I thought he looked very poorly at Glastonbury though......
    he's had a good life though and has perhaps slept with more women than the entire TZ-UK membership combined.

Banned
    Lemmy summed up his life in this song
    He was the real deal

"We Are The Road Crew"

Another town another place,
    Another girl, another face,
    Another truce, another race,
    I'm eating junk, feeling bad,
    Another night, I'm going mad,
    My woman's leaving, I feel sad,
    But I just love the life I lead,
    Another beer is what I need,
    Another gig my ears bleed,
    We Are The Road Crew

Another town I've left behind,
    Another drink completely blind,
    Another hotel I can't find,
    Another backstage pass for you,
    Another tube of super glue,
    Another border to get through,
    I'm driving like a maniac,
    Driving my way to hell and back,
    Another room a case to pack,
    We Are The Road Crew

Another hotel we can burn,
    Another screw, another turn,
    Another Europe map to learn,
    Another truck stop on the way,
    Another game I learn to play,
    Another word I learn to say,
    Another bloody customs post,
    Another fucking foreign coast,
    Another set of scars to boast,
    We Are The Road Crew

Master
    A shame - I did not even know he had been diagnosed with cancer - albeit a couple of days ago.

There's something of the man in going from cancer diagnosis to death in just two days

To someone who gave the world the acoustic version of Ace of Spades, I take my hat off.

RIP

He lives his life, he's living it fast
    Don't try to hide, when the dice have been cast
    He rides a whirlwind, that cuts to the bone
    Loaded forever, and ferociously stoned

On iron horse he flies
    On iron horse he gladly dies
    Iron horse his wife
    Iron horse his life

jeff
    Last edited by jeff; 29th December 2015 at 11:08. Reason: fixed broken paste

Craftsman
    That's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever.....Legend

RIP

Master
    When I hear the The Ace of Spades it turns me from a middle aged boring ol fart into
    a demononic air guitar nutter bouncing round all over the place, 3 minutes of absolute
    mayhem every time.

I salute you, Lemmy RIP

Craftsman
    Burn out and not fade away. RIP Lemmy.

Master
    Spent a hilarious half hour with him many years ago. Great bloke. RIP mate.

A sad day indeed. For a lesson in how to live your life to the full look no further than Lemmy.

If there is an afterlife, you can bet he's there with a bottle of vodka and a smoke, entertaining the inmates.

RIP

rip :-(

Banned
    Considering where I bumped into him at age 19/20 but I was to shy to speak this is appropriate.

love the lyrics, its a cracking bluesy song.

Get in original Hawkwind

this make me want to be out riding my motorcycle and bouncing of the rev limiter/red line

https://youtu.be/yao_T2adl14
    Last edited by soapy; 29th December 2015 at 13:37.

Hope that god has his earplugs handy - it's going to be loud up there tonight.

One of the guys who not only played rock'n'roll, but also lived it. He'll be missed.

Sad news indeed, many years ago our music teacher at school let us bring records from home in on the last day of term to play. I didn't own any and most of the class didn't either but somebody stole his brothers copy of Overkill and brought that in. Those first few notes and the drumming blew me away.

It literally changed my life, up to that point I had no idea that music like that even existed and I've been a metal fan ever since.

RIP

Banned
    Nice little story from captain sensible, he's a character himself last time I met him he was drunk leaning all over me stinking of garlic.

Captain Sensible
    Back in the day, when Brian James lived down Portobello rd the place was decidedly unkempt and more than a bit sleazy. Maybe that’s why the Damned’s founder and his esteemed neighbor Lemmy Kilminster felt at home there?
    Anyway, I virtually lived at the Marquee Club at the time… every night watching this band or that. It was certainly a noisy sweat box but I loved it - after which, rather than embark on the long journey back to Croydon I'd attempt to impose myself on whatever kind soul would offer me their floor to kip on. Of course, a drunken punk rocker was not everyone’s cup of tea to invite home so I’d often end up down Portobello rd at Brian’s or Lemmy’s… whoever drew the short straw basically.
    Staying with Lem was interesting to say the least - first up, his idea of sleep was not to do anything of the sort. It’d be up all night watching Luftwaffe videos… I’d be dropping off and he'd throw an ashtray in my direction shouting “hey, wake up you’re missing the good bit”. The flat was strewn with mangled artifacts of 3rd Reich memorabilia too but it was “not for the politics Captain, for the STYLE”
    I’d always wake up with the great man announcing breakfast time… yes, it would be 10.30am and the pubs were open.
    And the Damned as we know it wouldn’t be here today without Lemmy either - unless he’d stepped in to play with the Doomed lineup in 1978. Rat, DV and myself were totally brassic and had arranged a couple of hasty gigs to rake in some much needed dosh. I changed back from bass to guitar (my instrument in Johnny Moped band) and Lem completed the lineup on bass. According to him we messed up the solitary Motörhead song in the setlist. Oops!
    But for a grizzled old rocker Lemmy did have a certain gnarled charm - and always traipsed into the Damned dressing room with a nice bird on his arm… before honing in on the JD of course. In fact, if you took away all the rock star front he was never anything short of an old fashioned gent - in fact, I never really saw him get unpleasant with anyone - well, who didn’t deserve it anyway.
    Apparently he said recently “If I die tomorrow I can’t complain. It’s been good”
    I’m gonna miss the old bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    Nice little story from captain sensible, he's a character himself last time I met him he was drunk leaning all over me stinking of garlic.

Captain Sensible
    Back in the day, when Brian James lived down Portobello rd the place was decidedly unkempt and more than a bit sleazy. Maybe that’s why the Damned’s founder and his esteemed neighbor Lemmy Kilminster felt at home there?
    Anyway, I virtually lived at the Marquee Club at the time… every night watching this band or that. It was certainly a noisy sweat box but I loved it - after which, rather than embark on the long journey back to Croydon I'd attempt to impose myself on whatever kind soul would offer me their floor to kip on. Of course, a drunken punk rocker was not everyone’s cup of tea to invite home so I’d often end up down Portobello rd at Brian’s or Lemmy’s… whoever drew the short straw basically.
    Staying with Lem was interesting to say the least - first up, his idea of sleep was not to do anything of the sort. It’d be up all night watching Luftwaffe videos… I’d be dropping off and he'd throw an ashtray in my direction shouting “hey, wake up you’re missing the good bit”. The flat was strewn with mangled artifacts of 3rd Reich memorabilia too but it was “not for the politics Captain, for the STYLE”
    I’d always wake up with the great man announcing breakfast time… yes, it would be 10.30am and the pubs were open.
    And the Damned as we know it wouldn’t be here today without Lemmy either - unless he’d stepped in to play with the Doomed lineup in 1978. Rat, DV and myself were totally brassic and had arranged a couple of hasty gigs to rake in some much needed dosh. I changed back from bass to guitar (my instrument in Johnny Moped band) and Lem completed the lineup on bass. According to him we messed up the solitary Motörhead song in the setlist. Oops!
    But for a grizzled old rocker Lemmy did have a certain gnarled charm - and always traipsed into the Damned dressing room with a nice bird on his arm… before honing in on the JD of course. In fact, if you took away all the rock star front he was never anything short of an old fashioned gent - in fact, I never really saw him get unpleasant with anyone - well, who didn’t deserve it anyway.
    Apparently he said recently “If I die tomorrow I can’t complain. It’s been good”
    I’m gonna miss the old bastard.
    Lovely tribute. I met Lemmy on many occasions, first time was when Larry Wallis was in the band. My mate has roadied for them for 40 years ...he will be drunk today.
    always a charmer and a great musician sadly no more, he's was one of a now dying breed.

Quote Originally Posted by sswiss View Post
    That's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever.....Legend

RIP

And don't forget the Joker...

I'll be having a Jack & Coke for Lemmy tonight.

RIP.

Last edited by TimeOut; 29th December 2015 at 19:37.

To say Lemmys death is a great loss is the same as saying that the Hiroshima bomb made some noise and noticeable damage.

I was properly depressed when I heard.

Craftsman
    Very sad day.

Not many genuinely cool guys left now.

Craftsman
    Saw Motorhead when I was 16, the Merry Bastard Xmas tour. First proper gig I went to. Couldn't hear properly for days after!

Certainly lived a full life and will never be forgotten.

Craftsman
    They'll be Rocking in Odins hall tonight , what a life that man had .

A rather nice quote from a recent documentary from the man, " You can't have everything, where would you put it ?".

Soapys words struck a chord with me. I chatted to him in a pub on Portobello once, not really sure who he was at the time, mainly about WW2 stuff as he was interested in my motheaten Irving. Don't quote me as it was a looong time ago but I'm sure I swapped him his leather jacket (an old Lewis Leathers one) I had on at the time. I ran an occasional stall under the flyover in the post Punk days, selling all sorts inc militaria as no one wanted it back then! Lawrence Corner used to have watches still in their brown paper but I weren't into them back then!!!

Anyway, maybe time us playing tricks on me and I digress. He was a true legend and this country should be very proud if him. May, in respect, can I urge everyone to look again at the Silver Machine video. Turn it up and if ya got kids, sit them down in front if it.

RIP Lemmy.

Banned
    I know a lot of musicians and music lovers, everyone of them on Facebook has been effected.
    Lots of story's of his influence or meeting him.
    One younger band I know played on the same Bull dog bash bill as him they are really upset.

Until I read his obituary I had no idea that Lemmy was Jimi Hendrix's roadie ......

Banned
    the last time I saw motorhead was the Apollo anniversary gig I could only get 2 tickets at the back in the circle my brother came with me.

After one song I thought stuff this I have to get to the front.
    as I came back down the stairs the 2 door men where arguing.
    so I slipped neatly unseen behind them and worked my way to the front, that's the way to do it.
    It was some crowd, no sleep till Hammersmith.

I saw him at Demontfort Hall, me and my mate cut a wrist band in half so we could both get in. Had a buzzing in my ears for a few days afterwards, great gig.

Master
    sad news.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    There's something of the man in going from cancer diagnosis to death in just two days
    53 year chap at work popped into his doctors not 4 weeks ago,no symptoms of cancer,but cancer took him on Christmas Day.

RIP Stevie.

Craftsman
    Very Sad loss, a true original. Motorhead were the best band ever on the Young Ones - Ace of Spades as they go to the railway station, cracking.

Lemmy and co were excellent at Glastonbury this year. I was in Bristol last night and a lot of people were wearing their Motorhead t-shirts....