closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hunting Hitler

Banned

Hunting Hitler

Anyone else been watching the show?

http://www.history.com/shows/hunting...on-1/episode-1

Downloaded the eight episodes, sounds interesting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Downloaded the eight episodes, sounds interesting.
    Can this be done without Sky etc?

Craftsman
    I started watching - it's pretty interesting, and so far all sounds totally plausible!
    I will finish off watching all the episodes i have saved.

Master
    So do you need to have Sky / The History Channel?

How can those of us who dont access it (as above) - had a little google and cant find a way.

Would like to watch this, even though it already whiffs of "NASA never went to the moon, look the flag is billowing" conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    So do you need to have Sky / The History Channel?

How can those of us who dont access it (as above) - had a little google and cant find a way.

Would like to watch this, even though it already whiffs of "NASA never went to the moon, look the flag is billowing" conspiracy theory.
    Ach5, if you have a bit of time on your hands, try one of the variants of www.watchseries.com

Every series ever made is on here, and I used to use it if travelling, before I had sky go. You do have to keep deleting adverts, and messages to upgrade accounts etc. But do not download anything. Once you start watching an episode, it's uninterrupted. Just google watchseries.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan88 View Post
    Ach5, if you have a bit of time on your hands, try one of the variants of www.watchseries.com

Every series ever made is on here, and I used to use it if travelling, before I had sky go. You do have to keep deleting adverts, and messages to upgrade accounts etc. But do not download anything. Once you start watching an episode, it's uninterrupted. Just google watchseries.
    Great, thanks - i'll have a gander!

I'll have a look at that, seems my cup of meat.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Can this be done without Sky etc?
    KAT ;)

Journeyman
    I've seen several of the episodes, and must say that I wasn't terribly impressed.

If I had a penny for every time one of the team breathlessly and excitedly says that something "could" or "may" or "might" be conclusive proof, complete with Bourne-style camerawork, I'd have enough money to buy a personalised plate from the SC.

I'm enjoying it so far, up to episode 5, certainly appears plausible that Hitler escaped from Berlin to Spain before taking a U-Boat to his final resting place.

Just finished watching the final episode in the series, and although no solid proof, there is a plausible and quite convincing trail, too much to ignore, so why the historians are dead set on Hitler killing himself in that bunker is beyond me.

Hello

Just started watching this. Very interesting and not to whacky. Intersting Line up of experts and its not ruined their reputations or careers. Yet!

Which channel is it on?

Its sounds a bit daft to me - however I think I will give it a go

Hello

I thought that but thought why the hell not. Interesting history if nothing else.

Blog Entries
    I watched the first series thinking it was going to be a load of hocum but found it very interesting so now I'm onto the second series. There are some massive leaps that can't be taken seriously and when they're pretending to sneak round some top secret outpost hiding from guards with camera crews following them it gets a bit daft but they do unearth some interesting stuff.
    What I did find surprising was that it seemed to be an open secret at the time that Hitler did escape and now they've done tests on the skeleton the Russians held that they claimed was Hitler and it turned out to be a middle aged woman
    It's a tv show and if you don't take it too seriously it's good entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    I watched the first series thinking it was going to be a load of hocum but found it very interesting so now I'm onto the second series. There are some massive leaps that can't be taken seriously and when they're pretending to sneak round some top secret outpost hiding from guards with camera crews following them it gets a bit daft but they do unearth some interesting stuff.
    What I did find surprising was that it seemed to be an open secret at the time that Hitler did escape and now they've done tests on the skeleton the Russians held that they claimed was Hitler and it turned out to be a middle aged woman
    It's a tv show and if you don't take it too seriously it's good entertainment
    I think it's an open secret, like Lord Lucan and Shergar are living with Michael Jackson on a base on the dark side of the Moon...

M

Master
    Positing that something could be possible, based on leaps of logic, is not proof that it actually happened. Interesting ideas in that programme but nothing like proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have now watched a couple and found it a load of unmitigated bosh TBH.

I guess it's fun to speculate, rather like the Martin Bormann thing.

They had him living in S.America after his breakout that went on for years until they found his remains not that far from the bunker.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Its scarcely believable that in the modern world with all our means of communication that some people can be so blinkered when it comes to the truth.

It is commonly known that Hitler escaped from Berlin in 1945 and made his way to South America. There he established a power base deep in the Amazon from where he and his cohort of evil alien lizard thingy’s have been maliciously influencing the modern world. Everyone knows he was instrumental, with former Nazi rocket scientists who had been recruited by NASA, in faking the moon landings and for choosing Omega rather than Bulova as the watch to be worn on space missions.

The Kennedy assassinations, that his was him. Elvis didn’t die, held was kidnapped and is now being held prisoner in Hitler’s Amazonian lair. The rise of Justin Bieber? Well is obvious is it not!

It’s all there on the internet all you have to do is look.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    Its scarcely believable that in the modern world with all our means of communication that some people can be so blinkered when it comes to the truth.

It is commonly known that Hitler escaped from Berlin in 1945 and made his way to South America. There he established a power base deep in the Amazon from where he and his cohort of evil alien lizard thingy’s have been maliciously influencing the modern world. Everyone knows he was instrumental, with former Nazi rocket scientists who had been recruited by NASA, in faking the moon landings and for choosing Omega rather than Bulova as the watch to be worn on space missions.

The Kennedy assassinations, that his was him. Elvis didn’t die, held was kidnapped and is now being held prisoner in Hitler’s Amazonian lair. The rise of Justin Bieber? Well is obvious is it not!

It’s all there on the internet all you have to do is look.
    Yep, you're never far from a conspiracy theory on the net and TV have picked up on this.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    The rise of Justin Bieber? Well is obvious is it not!
    I was all ready to ridicule you, but with this... mmmmm....

M
    Last edited by snowman; 2nd February 2017 at 16:28.

Master
    It’s all out there man, they don’t want you to know but all you need to do is…like..see...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Just finished watching the final episode in the series, and although no solid proof, there is a plausible and quite convincing trail, too much to ignore, so why the historians are dead set on Hitler killing himself in that bunker is beyond me.

I am not a conspiracy theorist by any means (I generally glaze over when the tin-foil-hat "against the System" lot start), but I tend to agree with this.
    These days when I read anything referring to Hitler's death I compare to the US SEAL team who tracked, captured, killed and disposed of the body of Osama Bin Laden within 24 hours....
    Convenient?
    Bullshit I'd call it.

Craftsman
    Fake news 👽

Hello

I wonder what watch he would have worn.

Craftsman
    Might give it a look, but Hugh Trevor Roper's (Lord Dacre) book is the definitive history on this subject I think.

He was in the Further bunker within weeks of the surrender and interviewed anyone of note in custody of the western allies at the point (1945).

Subsequent revelations from the Soviet side (1970s onwards) largely confirmed what he had determined (in spite of Soviet obstruction) 30 years earlier.

There was a very late attempt to fly him out, the test pilot Hanna Reisch + a.n.other (her partner?) landing on a berlin road with the hope of persuading him to leave but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCansell View Post
    Might give it a look, but Hugh Trevor Roper's (Lord Dacre) book is the definitive history on this subject I think.

He was in the Further bunker within weeks of the surrender and interviewed anyone of note in custody of the western allies at the point (1945).

Subsequent revelations from the Soviet side (1970s onwards) largely confirmed what he had determined (in spite of Soviet obstruction) 30 years earlier.

There was a very late attempt to fly him out, the test pilot Hanna Reisch + a.n.other (her partner?) landing on a berlin road with the hope of persuading him to leave but to no avail.
    I think that is probably how it panned out in the end.

Pity old Trev authenticated the Hitler Diaries though.
    Cheers,
    Neil.